Mega Man 2 vs. 3 Debate

67 others

Jul 30, 2010
Moose country
Mega Man 2 is better in every aspect as far as I'm concerned. Even the sound track is significantly better, I still know every song off the top of my head without even listening to any in years now.

This.

2 and 3 if the only one even close in the series, but still behind by double.

2 is one of the GOAT games. 3 was just awesome

67 others

Jul 30, 2010
Moose country
I have 1 as the worst one.

Yeah it may not be fair but it has the worst levels.

1 was awesome. And it gets points for being the only moderately challenging one until 9.

But despite all, all of these games were pretty easy compared to the hard games of the time. Yes I can beat battletoads, but it took FOREVER to muscle memory my way to beat it. Most people quit at the turbo tunnel. I forced myself to beat every game I played without guides back then. The only game I ever threw up my hands and quit was Silver surfer.

In comparison to Nintendo hard games of the time, mega man titles don't even rank. So on pure playing enjoyment, Mega man 2 was the best of everything.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
1 is challenging but in the most boring way possible I you ask me.

I have a lot more fun with all the other ones (except 8 cause I just don't get that one).

9 and 10 don't get enough love, I think they are the best in the whole series, especially 9.

X66

114-110
Aug 18, 2008
1 is challenging but in the most boring way possible I you ask me.

I have a lot more fun with all the other ones (except 8 cause I just don't get that one).

9 and 10 don't get enough love, I think they are the best in the whole series, especially 9.

Come on, man, everyone loved climbing up that endless ladder of flying sparks to fight Elec Man.

JS19

Legends Never Die
Aug 14, 2009
The Shark Tank
I have 1 as the worst one.

Yeah it may not be fair but it has the worst levels.

I have 1 as the exception. Yeah it has a lot of ******** and poor control (in regards to Mega Man's traction being hilariously bad), but I overlook that since it was Capcom's first Mega Man game.

vippe

Mar 18, 2008
Sweden
You have 1, 4, 5 and 6 above 3?!

You mean 4?

;)

I didn't think anyone hated 3 :p

3 isn't even the worst in the franchise, that's for one of 4, 5, or 8. What made 3 such a great game is the challenging levels (compared to 2 which starts comfortably, but spikes big time in between periods), neat idea in having Doc Robot stages and mirroring MM2's boss fights.

I dont hate MM3, in fact I think it's a really good game but one game has to be the worst and that is 3. Why I have it in the bottom of the games is just it's the worst performing game of them all. It suffers A LOT from slow downs. It really bothers me. Takes the joy out of it.

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
Megaman 2 is the one with this section right?

Because that is harder and cheaper than anything in megaman 1.

Last edited:

V13

Fire Sell Tank
Sep 21, 2005
M1 Habsram
Hard to decide from me as i like both a lot

So i'm just gonna say this..i prefer the X series to the original NES one. At least the first 3 X games because it started going downhill from X4 onward imho

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad