Meeting today 6/14 (I'd ask for news, but you know..)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
HockeyCritter said:
Even with weekends off I still think **crossing fingers and toes** that we'll have a deal by the end of the month . . . . . but don't tell a certain ornery moderator, I don’t want to be scolded. :)

My bet is a deal in principle on July 1st. Day after NBA lockout and just before 4th of July weekend.

Besides Moderators don't scare me.
:D

Timmy

Feb 2, 2005
Gee Wally said:
My bet is a deal in principle on July 1st. Day after NBA lockout and just before 4th of July weekend.

:D

I'm sticking with my birthday, the 26th.

Twelve days from now.

HockeyCritter

Dec 10, 2004
Gee Wally said:

Well they scare me :P . . . . . But I do agree, the end is in sight.

Pepper

Aug 30, 2004
Gee Wally said:

It's not the moderators you should be afraid of, it's The Hockey Gods who will zap your optimistic ass with a holy lightning bolt!

:)

DevilsFan

Jun 2, 2005
Looks like things are progressing even without the major players. Here's an excerpt from a blogger that heard Leafs Lunch today:

"Goodenow and Linden are in Vancouver today dealing with the NHLPA certification process in B.C. Saskin and Gartner are at the CBA meeting."

It looks like the moderates are taking care of the CBA while Goodenow is taking care of of some legal issues with Linden.

And it also looks like Kevin Gibson from 640 Toronto has some interesting info to share:

"The reason why the meetings shift this week from Toronto to New York is because Bettman needs to be back in New York on Wednesday for the Board of Governors to vote on the sale of Anaheim. I imagine that they will discuss the CBA as well. Once the sale is approved, Anaheim will choose a new nickname and announce the signing of Brian Burke as their new GM.

As far as the CBA talks go, it appears that the end is near, how many times have we said that? One player I spoke to yesterday said that the players are on stand by to vote but he wouldn't be surprised if it was next week as they've been told that this week will be four meetings of fine tuning issues most specifically the unrestricted free agent age, but this by no means is a deal breaker, all of the supposed deal breakers have been taken care of. I reported awhile go that the NHL players would be in the Olympics mainly because that is what NBC wants and yesterday it was leaked that the players will be in Torino and Vancouver. Hockey Canada has already asked Quinn and crew to come back to coach in February, so the next thing to take care of is getting the CBA squared away and then have a camp in Calgary in August, just like Team Canada had in August of 2001, should be some interesting selections on that team.

Looks like the players are going to get the Olympics, which is actually a good thing for the game. Hopefully the end of June this will all be done (FINALLY)."

HockeyCritter

Dec 10, 2004
Ick, I hate the idea of the NHLers going to the Olympics . . . . . like the season needs to shut down for two weeks, compress the schedule, and suffer numerous injuries.

:(

oildrop

Mar 3, 2002
Visit site
DevilsFan said:
Looks like things are progressing even without the major players. Here's an excerpt from a blogger that heard Leafs Lunch today:

"Goodenow and Linden are in Vancouver today dealing with the NHLPA certification process in B.C. Saskin and Gartner are at the CBA meeting."

It looks like the moderates are taking care of the CBA while Goodenow is taking care of of some legal issues with Linden.

And it also looks like Kevin Gibson from 640 Toronto has some interesting info to share:

"The reason why the meetings shift this week from Toronto to New York is because Bettman needs to be back in New York on Wednesday for the Board of Governors to vote on the sale of Anaheim. I imagine that they will discuss the CBA as well. Once the sale is approved, Anaheim will choose a new nickname and announce the signing of Brian Burke as their new GM.

As far as the CBA talks go, it appears that the end is near, how many times have we said that? One player I spoke to yesterday said that the players are on stand by to vote but he wouldn't be surprised if it was next week as they've been told that this week will be four meetings of fine tuning issues most specifically the unrestricted free agent age, but this by no means is a deal breaker, all of the supposed deal breakers have been taken care of. I reported awhile go that the NHL players would be in the Olympics mainly because that is what NBC wants and yesterday it was leaked that the players will be in Torino and Vancouver. Hockey Canada has already asked Quinn and crew to come back to coach in February, so the next thing to take care of is getting the CBA squared away and then have a camp in Calgary in August, just like Team Canada had in August of 2001, should be some interesting selections on that team.

Looks like the players are going to get the Olympics, which is actually a good thing for the game. Hopefully the end of June this will all be done (FINALLY)."

Looks like things are starting to look-up for all of us. The end is near!

Also, about time Anaheim gets a new name for the team! Hope it's better than the current one.

Dolfanar's psychic advisory update:

Ouijii Board is still stubbornly saying June 15th, though you really have to wonder about the reliability of the eternal Ouijii at this point.
My psychic advisor predicted June 16th when I spoke to her last week. Frankly I now think that the voices she speaks to are the same ones Al Strachan talks to for his "sources".
The Tea leaves were saying June 17th.
The Magic 8-Ball has changed it's message! I'm not sure what to make of this, but it is now saying June 21st! My astrologist confirmed that because of Ptolemy's spear crossing into Uranus that June 21st is the most likely date as well.

hmm, now I'm really stuck. Time to get serious. Reading animal entrails is the only answer left. Animal sacrifice it is, going to start with chicken and work my way up from there.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Ick, I hate the idea of the NHLers going to the Olympics . . . . . like the season needs to shut down for two weeks, compress the schedule, and suffer numerous injuries.

I like NHLers playing in the olympics (I'm all for each countries best representing them) but yeah, the shutting down of the season and compressing of the schedule is a pain..I feel like they should do something during olympic years to alleviate that. stretch the schedule a bit instead of compressing it...but i imagine that causes more scheduling conflicts...

Wild Thing

Child... please.
Feb 18, 2003
Way Down South
Visit site
dolfanar said:
hmm, now I'm really stuck. Time to get serious. Reading animal entrails is the only answer left. Animal sacrifice it is, going to start with chicken and work my way up from there.

May I be of any assistance? You may recall my previous work with goats and the like.

HockeyCritter

Dec 10, 2004
Levitate said:
I like NHLers playing in the olympics (I'm all for each countries best representing them) but yeah, the shutting down of the season and compressing of the schedule is a pain..I feel like they should do something during olympic years to alleviate that. stretch the schedule a bit instead of compressing it...but i imagine that causes more scheduling conflicts...
Cancelling the All-Star game would be a start.

Gus Fring

May 16, 2004
Ottawa
no offense to you crows but since goodnow is in vancouver i hope theres really ****** weather over there mainly the dark cloud over his head

hockeytown9321

Jun 18, 2004
HockeyCritter said:

:(

the last few seasons were compressed, and hundres of injuries resulted, without the Olympics. The compression was becuase of ABC. They wanted to make sure Finals would be over by the time the NBA finals started. At least this shouldn't be a problem with NBC.

BobMckenzie

Jul 23, 2003
hossa-the-future said:
How come tsn has nothing about any meetings today, and wheres bob mckenzie???????????????????????????

When there's something newsworthy to report, we'll report it. Until then, I'm working on 2005 TSN Draft Preview rankings. Looking forward to the day when I go directly to the Prospects board instead of the dreaded Business of Hockey section. Hmmm, what do you guys think, should Crosby be No. 1. :dunno: ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia