Meeting today 6/14 (I'd ask for news, but you know..)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
chiavsfan said:
If so lets consider this the MDT

I'll go with extremely cautious optimism because of whats coming out in the press....but again, the press knows nothing, hence the extremely cautious optimism

Excuse me?

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
I heard on Sunday they were planning on meeting Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday.

sveiglar

Feb 27, 2002
X-SHARKIE said:
It's a tad irritating that the NHL and NHLPA don't give much specifics about the talks.

But in the end I believe that's a good thing, in terms of getting a deal done.
I don't care if they say another word before "done deal". Silence is golden compared to the winter rhetoric.
But I do expect them to meet at least four out of five days this week.
The time has certainly come for that.

Habsaku

Apr 28, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
I like how things are heading, it seems like a real negociation and I think the deal they'll make now will be a lot more fair then if they had rushed to get the season done. Revenue Sharing, minimum cap and lower UFA age can be big wins for the PA. Thats not even mentionning Linkage can become very good too(like the NFL).
I'm just kinda pissed my teams probably going to be on the giving end.

London Knights

Jun 1, 2004
Is there any reason that they are afraid of talking on weekends. Will they melt if they do? I realize that they may have lives outside the game, but when you job is essentially on the line, shouldn't you be doing everything possible to try and get the job done as soon as possible?

HockeyCritter

Dec 10, 2004
London Knights said:
Is there any reason that they are afraid of talking on weekends. Will they melt if they do? I realize that they may have lives outside the game, but when you job is essentially on the line, shouldn't you be doing everything possible to try and get the job done as soon as possible?
Perhaps they use the weekends to go over any new details discussed during the week . . . . . I have no problems with taking a day or two off . . . sometimes you need to step back from the situation, regroup, and begin fresh.

SPARTAKUS*

Well you know chiavsfan one of these days he's going to be right>

davemess

Apr 9, 2003
Scotland
London Knights said:

Lawyers probably cost more over the weekend.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
HockeyCritter said:
Perhaps they use the weekends to go over any new details discussed during the week . . . . . I have no problems with taking a day or two off . . . sometimes you need to step back from the situation, regroup, and begin fresh.

That is pretty much it in a nutshell. It also allows the team of lawyers and accountants closer scrutiny of what is on the table and allow for a strategy at the next meeting.

A day break every 3 or 4 is not uncommon from my own experience anyway.

HockeyCritter

Dec 10, 2004
Gee Wally said:
That is pretty much it in a nutshell. It also allows the team of lawyers and accountants closer scrutiny of what is on the table and allow for a strategy at the next meeting.

A day break every 3 or 4 is not uncommon from my own experience anyway.
Even with weekends off I still think **crossing fingers and toes** that we'll have a deal by the end of the month . . . . . but don't tell a certain ornery moderator, I don’t want to be scolded. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->