Proposal: MDZ to Philly

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
I watched this last night.

I don’t want MDZ back, but he was great in the interview.

Called the new generation of hockey players soft.

Admitted he knew nothing about defense & was way too cocky when he entered the league at 19.

Praised Torts for both turning him into an actual NHL defenseman & also helping him grow into a man.

Ultimately, has played for Torts twice & absolutely loves him.

Redpath

Sep 30, 2011
Interesting to see Werenski and Del Zotto, two (at the time) young, offensive minded defensemen, praise Torts, despite his reputation to the contrary. And I'm not even in love with the hire.

BobbyClarkeFan16

Nov 29, 2005
Goderich, Ontario
MDZ would probably make a great assistant coach with Tortorella.

And I also remember that he played fairly well when he and Gudas were a pair and then they were split and he just never found his game again.

captainpaxil

Dec 2, 2008
didn’t MdZ suck when he was here the first time
No. He was legitimately one of the best d on the team. They weren't very good teams

If he gets bought out I'd bring him in. Cup with st Louis played for av and torts. He's seems like a guy who would be great to have in the room

dats81

Jan 22, 2011
Carinthia, AUT
Del Zotto is probably still the same player today... will play like a legitimate top-4 D for 10-15 games before he gets banged up doing his best Keith Yandle imitation for the rest of the season.

IronMarshal

Mar 7, 2002
Langhorne, PA
Visit site
Every single prior generation in history has called the new generation soft. All of them. It's never been true.
Actually it is always true. That won’t be popular here but compared to our ancestors we are all much softer. The growth of civilization does that. It makes life easier and the people who live in it softer

And, no , I don’t want MDZ

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Seeler is a better fit than MDZ for one simple reason, Seeler will be happy to take the money and spend the season in LHV, I doubt MDZ would (unless he wants to transition into coaching and has an agreement with the team that this is part of his training).

Don't want either playing over York, Zamula or Hogberg.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad