Post-Game Talk: MDSF, Game 5: Flyers at Capitals, Friday, April 22; Game 6 is 12:00 pm ET Sunday

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Missed the game because I had work til 10, listened on the radio. When it ended, I texted my girlfriend "Neuvirth is God."

I headed down towards the beer shop to buy a 6 to take home and celebrate.

A drunk driver pulled out of a bar, I swerved, took the full brunt on my passenger side, spun around twice in the middle of 611. My car is totalled and I am somehow fine.

On one hand, if they hadn't have won, I'da gone straight home and avoided this whole mess. On the other, Neuvirth is God, so I think he saved my life.

Anyway, don't drive drunk. Go Flyers.

Oh man, I'm glad you are OK.

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
The fact we had the lowest shots in Flyers history for a game and still won 2-0 against the President's Trophy winning team is kind of a ****ing miracle. Don't waste it, make the comeback complete :).

CanadianFlyer88

Knublin' PPs
Feb 12, 2004
Van City
Reflecting a few hours later, I now realize this game is reminiscent of a beer league game I had a couple of years ago where we had 7 skaters, scored a somewhat fluky goal to go up 1-0, were outshot something like 50-10, but we're never really in danger... and we hung on for the win.

Fun reflection.

CanadianFlyer88

Knublin' PPs
Feb 12, 2004
Van City
Missed the game because I had work til 10, listened on the radio. When it ended, I texted my girlfriend "Neuvirth is God."

I headed down towards the beer shop to buy a 6 to take home and celebrate.

A drunk driver pulled out of a bar, I swerved, took the full brunt on my passenger side, spun around twice in the middle of 611. My car is totalled and I am somehow fine.

On one hand, if they hadn't have won, I'da gone straight home and avoided this whole mess. On the other, Neuvirth is God, so I think he saved my life.

Anyway, don't drive drunk. Go Flyers.

Holy balls. Glad you're okay!

BackVechkin

Dec 19, 2014
Caps fan here.

This series has been quite surprising and entertaining. Neuvy played unreal for you guys today. Hoping that my team can end it in 6 but with these teams you never know. Plus I hope Laughton is fine, haven't heard any updates thus far.

BackVechkin

Dec 19, 2014
He said their odds of winning this series is still "pretty good".

I agree with our coach. We outplayed you guys today, if not for neuvy this would be over. Flyers had 6 powerplays yet produced 11 shots in the game. The only goal on holtby went in off a fluky bounce. I like our chances but i'm not counting you guys out.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Neuvirth delivered one of the best performances in net in Flyers playoff history.

Also, and this cant be stressed enough...

Gudas > Coburn

Seriously. This guy is Adam Foote all over again.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Milbury said Neuvy was good but not great or anything..lol.

Then you have that vanilla milk dud head Trotz being flippant about the loss.....keep being overconfident garden gnome....

Did Milbury REALLY ****ing say that?!

I mean. Wtf.

Also .I also thought Trotz looked like the undead priest from the end of Beetlejuice. Can anyone embed a pic? Or explain how I can?

MrGone

Nov 18, 2009
How are you guys in the day games? We are lifeless no matter how big the game is. It would be totally out of character for the Caps to come out strong in a day game.

I also have to say I am impress with Radko Gudas. From where I stand its easy to call him just a goon. He does some bad penalties at times. Still I think he is a much better player then people outside of Philly give him credit for.

kudymen

Hakstok was a fascist clique hiver lickballs.gif
Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)
Neuvirth after the game on the buttload of shots he had faced:

"Well, last year I was a goalie for Buffalo, sooooooo...."

Also, the Bartulis twitter is hilarious. :laugh:

Last edited:

Sombastate

Jun 19, 2011
Las Vegas
How are you guys in the day games? We are lifeless no matter how big the game is. It would be totally out of character for the Caps to come out strong in a day game.

I also have to say I am impress with Radko Gudas. From where I stand its easy to call him just a goon. He does some bad penalties at times. Still I think he is a much better player then people outside of Philly give him credit for.

The Flyers have a reputation for being good ol' fashioned fat slobs during afternoon games.

So this may be a battle of schmucks.

boxcar65

Sep 24, 2007
Richmond, VA
What a game. I was standing two feet from the TV screaming for the last three minutes of the game...lol. I have to believe this is now going seven.

Gudas/Manning...strong series from both of them. Bring on Sunday.

Finnish Flyer

Feb 16, 2015
Yesss! Oh man, Neuvy. What a game. Also thank you to The Untouchables!

Ghost, Gudas and Manning were great defensively, and in my opinion our second line was the best offensively. Gagner has played a hell of a series!

Now all eyes on our captain and Wayne Train. No way this is all they got, there's just no way. So G and Simmer, it's your time to step up.

blinds

Jan 5, 2012
Yesss! Oh man, Neuvy. What a game. Also thank you to The Untouchables!

Ghost, Gudas and Manning were great defensively, and in my opinion our second line was the best offensively. Gagner has played a hell of a series!

Now all eyes on our captain and Wayne Train. No way this is all they got, there's just no way. So G and Simmer, it's your time to step up.

Yep, hope they make some noise now that it's going back to Philly. Day game though, hard to be optimistic about.

loluongo

May 21, 2011
What % do you guys give the caps of choking with the 3-0 lead?

Odds of flyers winning are +900 right now and the flyers came back from 0-3 6 years ago.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad