GDT: MDSF #5 - 04/23/16 | NEW YORK RANGERS @ pittsburgh penguins | 3:00 - NBC, SN360

Status
Not open for further replies.

Loff

Lafdaddy
Dec 7, 2007
Soft euro

scnyrlogoo1.png
bannergdt.png
scnyrlogoo1.png

[FIELDSET="THE MATCHUP"]
2016 METROPOLITAN DIVISION SEMIFINALS
GAME #5 - 04/23/2016

vs
NYR: 1__________________________PIT: 3

TIME | 3:00 PM ET VENUE | CONSOL ENERGY CENTER - PITTSBURGH, PA TV | NBC, SN360

[/FIELDSET]

[FIELDSET="ONLINE STREAMS/RADIO"]
ONLINE STREAMS: NOT ALLOWED | RADIO FEED: CLICK HERE

[/FIELDSET]

[FIELDSET="NEWS & NOTES"]

[/FIELDSET]

[FIELDSET="QUOTES TO NOTE"]

Well, you can’t look at the big picture. That’s when you get lost a little bit.
You just have to break it down, focus on your process. We know we’re playing a good team, we know they’re confident.
But at the same time, last time we were in there we managed to win Game 2.
So we just need to do everything right and we’ll have a good chance of winning.
- Henrik Lundqvist

We have to believe that it can happen. It’s our only chance right now. But we’re a confident group.
We’re going to work hard for each other and do everything we can and we for sure believe that we’re able to turn this around.
We’ve got to stay positive, nothing’s going happen thinking negative here.
We’ve got to put a smile on our face and support each other, play for each other.
- Mats Zuccarello

Everybody to a man knows that we can play better than we did.
And that’s what we’re going to do.
- Alain Vigneault

[/FIELDSET]

[FIELDSET="PITTSBURGH PENGUINS"]

TEAM STATS:

GP | 4 | GF | 15
W | 3 | GA | 7
L | 1 | GF/G | 3.75
HOME | 1-1 | GA/G | 1.75
AWAY | 2-0 | PP% | 36.8
STREAK | W2 | PK% | 93.8
PIM/G | 11:45 | FO% | 50.2

TEAM LEADERS:

Goals | Patric Hornqvist | 4 Assists | Crosby, Malkin | 4 Points | Crosby, HornQ, Malkin | 6 + / - | Kris Letang | 4 Shots | Phil Kessel | 19 Hits | Chris Kunitz | 17 Blocks | Kris Letang | 8 PIM | Chris Kunitz | 9 FO% | Nick Bonino | 56.7 TOI/G F: | Sidney Crosby | 20:53 TOI/G D: | Kris Letang | 27:39

PROJECTED LINES:

LW | C | RW
chris KUNITZ (A) | sidney CROSBY (C) | patric HORNQVIST
conor SHEARY | evgeni MALKIN (A) | bryan RUST
carl HAGELIN | nick BONINO | phil KESSEL
tom KUHNHACKL | matt CULLEN | eric FEHR

LD | RD
olli MAATTA | kris LETANG
trevor DALEY | ian COLE
brian DUMOULIN | ben LOVEJOY

Scratched
tom SESTITO |
oskar SUNDQVIST |
justin SCHULTZ |

STARTING GOALIE:

Murray-Matt.png

Matt Murray

GPI: 2 | W: 2 | L: 0 | PIM: 0
SV% .979 | GAA: 0.50 | SA: 48 | SO: 1

INJURIES / SUSPENSIONS / MISC:

Marc-Andre Fleury | Concussion (DTD)
Beau Bennett | Shoulder (DTD)
Kevin Porter | Ankle (IR)
Scott Wilson | Lower body (IR)

[/FIELDSET]

[FIELDSET="NEW YORK RANGERS"]

TEAM STATS:

GP | 4 | GF | 7
W | 1 | GA | 15
L | 3 | GF/G | 1.75
HOME | 0-2 | GA/G | 3.75
AWAY | 1-1 | PP% | 6.3
STREAK | L2 | PK% | 63.1
PIM/G | 13:15 | FO% | 49.8

TEAM LEADERS:

Goals | Derek Stepan | 2 Assists | J.T. Miller | 3 Points | Brass, Nash, Miller | 3 + / - | Chris Kreider | +2 Shots | Derek Stepan | 17 Hits | Chris Kreider | 20 Blocks | Kevin Klein | 8 PIM | Kevin Klein | 7 FO% | Eric Staal | 60.0 TOI/G F: | Mats Zuccarello | 18:06 TOI/G D: | Keith Yandle | 21:41

PROJECTED LINES:

LW | C | RW
rick NASH (A) | derick BRASSARD | mats ZUCCARELLO
chris KREIDER | derek STEPAN (A) | jesper FAST
oscar LINDBERG | eric STAAL | j.t. MILLER
| dominic MOORE | viktor STALBERG

LD | RD
marc STAAL (A) | ryan MCDONAGH (C)
keith YANDLE | kevin KLEIN
brady SKJEI | dan GIRARDI (A)
raphael DIAZ |

Scratched
tanner GLASS |
dylan MCILRATH |
kevin HAYES |
marek HRIVIK |
dan BOYLE |

STARTING GOALIE:

LundqvistHenrik2.png

Henrik Lundqvist

GPI: 4 | W: 1 | L: 2 | PIM: 0
SV% .900 | GAA: 3.27 | SA: 90 | SO: 0

INJURIES / SUSPENSIONS / MISC:

|

[/FIELDSET]

QEAiszp.gif

bannerboys4a.png

Last edited:

The Undertaker

Jun 22, 2012
Am I really reading that lineup correctly? Tanner on the third line! And he really won't put Lindberg and Stalberg back with Staal? How ****ing stupid can you be?

Revel

Dark Sky Enthusiast
Oct 20, 2015
Dunning–Krugerville
Why is Tanner Glass on the 3rd line in the Projected lines? Sarcasm ... or is there reason to believe this is what AV plans to do? If this is the plan...that moving Tanner to the 3rd line is the one thing that can turn the tide....I don't know what to say. AV should be fired immediately after the game if this is his solution to the Penguins' Neutral Zone trap.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Not surprised that tanner is in especially if he continues to go with the pairing from hell of Boyle and yandle

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
Wherever I'm standing atm
This particular team sucks. I couldn't have cared less about it all season and I gladly don't give a rats ass what happens today. There's nothing to be proud of with this team, nothing to celebrate. They're NYR in jersey color only. There are maybe 5 guys on the whole damn team i actually want to root for.

I don't want Girardi, Staal x 2, Yandle, Glass or AV anywhere near this team going forward.

Moore is too old, Kreider, stepan, hayes and Nash are all underperforming to various degrees and are no fun to watch.

More than half this team sucks.

And Boyle!? On a team of underperforming, overpaid, past their expiration date losers he somehow manages to go so far beyond useless and garbage that it somehow manages to rubber band between being hilarious and morbid. I hate the fact that this old piece of crap player is here instead of Stralman and will never have anything good to say about this player as a NYR. The most pleasantly surprising thing about this old **** is that this idiot franchise didn't trade two 1sts and a captain for him. But the only reason we didn't is because we'd already done it for his mopey, midget fellow AARP member predecessor

Last edited:

MillerTime79

Jun 28, 2007
Wait there's no way this lineup is accurate, right? Glass on the 3rd like, and Diaz in for Skjei??? Is AV actively trying to get fired?

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
Let me get this straight.... Raphael Diaz's first NHL game in nearly 13 months will be an elimination game, on the top pairing?

OrbitalDynamics

#Unsurprised
May 22, 2008
Stalag Luft JFK
Ladies and Gentlemen, the head coach of our New York Rangers,Alain "Smartest Guy in the room" Vigneault.

http://nypost.com/2016/04/22/desperate-rangers-eye-veteran-to-save-power-play/

"Diaz played 11 games for Vigneault and the Rangers two seasons ago, and added four more in the playoffs."

“He’s not an unknown, we know what he can bring to the table,” Vigneault said. “If I feel and my staff feels that what he brings can help us, then we might make that decision.”

I knew Vigno wanted Diaz instead of McIlrath,he was hurt in the buttocks when McIlrath madw the team and his other bodypillow was sent down.

Rusty Rafael Diaz was such a hot commodity that other defense starved teams didn't claim him off waivers when they had the opportunity.

This is what the smartest guy in the room is pinning his hopes on? Rusty Raffy and Tanner on the third line? GTFO

#FireAV
#FireAV

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
Wherever I'm standing atm
I expect the Penguins to claim they're working for a higher power. A man comes out in a red robe and pulls back the hood to reveal: Alain Vigneualt

"It was me Rangers! It was me all along Rangers!"

Cue good ol JR. Aw son of a *****

Guy has to be working for the Pens. He can't be this incompetent.

Hey do you guys remember when we took on MSL and jettisoned Callahan, Boyle and Stralman only to lose to his old team/their new team?

Remember when we got rid of Hagelin only to lose to his current team?

Clearly our GM keeps making brilliant moves. #b-b-butwemadeittotheSCFonceandgotdestroyed

Last edited:

Jaromir Jagr

Apr 4, 2015
Long Island, NY
Ladies and Gentlemen, the head coach of our New York Rangers,Alain "Smartest Guy in the room" Vigneault.

http://nypost.com/2016/04/22/desperate-rangers-eye-veteran-to-save-power-play/

"Diaz played 11 games for Vigneault and the Rangers two seasons ago, and added four more in the playoffs."

“He’s not an unknown, we know what he can bring to the table,†Vigneault said. “If I feel and my staff feels that what he brings can help us, then we might make that decision.â€

I knew Vigno wanted Diaz instead of McIlrath,he was hurt in the buttocks when McIlrath madw the team and his other bodypillow was sent down.

Rusty Rafael Diaz was such a hot commodity that other defense starved teams didn't claim him off waivers when they had the opportunity.

This is what the smartest guy in the room is pinning his hopes on? Rusty Raffy and Tanner on the third line? GTFO

#FireAV
#FireAV

Glass also went unclaimed. How many playoff teams start two guys who went through waivers unclaimed during the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad