GDT: MDSF #3 - 04/22/14 | New York Rangers @ Philadelphia Flyers | 8:00 - MSG, CNBC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Loff

Lafdaddy
Dec 7, 2007
Soft euro

e6o1.png

[FIELDSET="THE MATCHUP"]
2014 METROPOLITAN DIVISION SEMIFINALS
GAME #3 - 04/22/2014

vs
(1) ____________ (1)

TIME | 8:00 PM ET ARENA | WELLS FARGO CENTER - PHILADELPHIA, PA TV | MSG, CNBC, TSN2, CSN-PH

[/FIELDSET]

[FIELDSET="ONLINE STREAMS/RADIO"]
ONLINE STREAMS: FRS - StreamHunter - MyP2P - STREAMO - Charlie460HQ | RADIO FEED: CLICK HERE

[/FIELDSET]

[FIELDSET="NEWS & NOTES"]

[/FIELDSET]

[FIELDSET="QUOTES TO NOTE"]

They were backing up, clogging up the middle of the ice and when you’re pressing an trying to create something, you turn it over more than you’d like to.
I still thought we had a lot of chances to get more than we did in the game. Emery made some big saves for them.
- Marc Staal

It doesn’t really matter. They didn’t win here this season. I don’t think they were too worried about that. It’s a whole new season.
We get back to work and we’ll be excited for an opportunity down there to win a game.
- Brad Richards

We knew they were going to come out with a good game. We had a good start. There wasn’t a lot of room out there in the first period.
In the second period, this game can be funny sometimes, I thought it was our best period of the night.
We had some good chances. The PP had some great looks. They scored 2 and we didn’t. That was the game.
- Alain Vigneault

[/FIELDSET]

[FIELDSET="PHILADELPHIA FLYERS"]

TEAM STATS:

GP | 2 | GF | 5
W | 1 | GA | 6
L | 1 | GF/G | 2.50
HOME | 0-0 | GA/G | 3.00
AWAY | 1-1 | PP% | 50.0
STREAK | W1 | PK% | 75.0
PIM/G | 16.0 | FO% | 46.2

TEAM LEADERS:

Goals | Simmonds, Voracek | 1 Assists | Scott Hartnell | 2 Points | Scott Hartnell | 2 + / - | Claude Giroux | +3 Shots | Akeson, Simmonds | 6 Hits | Hartnell, Read | 9 Blocks | Kimmo Timonen | 8 PIM | Schenn, Simmonds | 4 FO% | Giroux, Hall | 57.1 TOI/G F: | Matt Read | 20:28 TOI/G D: | Andrew MacDonald | 22:57

PROJECTED LINES:

LW | C | RW
Scott Hartnell (A) | Claude Giroux (C) | Jakub Voracek
Michael Raffl | Vincent Lecavalier | Wayne Simmonds
Matt Read | Sean Couturier | Jason Akeson
Zac Rinaldo | Brayden Schenn | Adam Hall

LD | RD
Kimmo Timonen (A) | Braydon Coburn
Nicklas Grossmann | Mark Streit
Luke Schenn | Andrew MacDonald

Scratched
Hal Gill|
Erik Gustafsson|
Ben Holmstrom|
Tye McGinn|
Jay Rosehill|
Chris VandeVelde|

STARTING GOALIE:

emery.png

Ray Emery

GPI: 2 | W: 1 | L: 1
SV% .913 | GAA: 3.00 | SO: 0

INJURIES / SUSPENSIONS / MISC:

Steve Mason | Upper body (DTD)
Steve Downie | Upper body (DTD)
Chris Pronger | PCS (LTIR)

[/FIELDSET]

[FIELDSET="NEW YORK RANGERS"]

TEAM STATS:

GP | 2 | GF | 6
W | 1 | GA | 5
L | 1 | GF/G | 3.00
HOME | 1-1 | GA/G | 2.50
AWAY | 0-0 | PP% | 25.0
STREAK | L1 | PK% | 50.0
PIM/G | 8.0 | FO% | 53.8

TEAM LEADERS:

Goals | MSL, Rich, Step, Zuc | 1 Assists | MSL, Nash, Richards | 2 Points | Richards, St. Louis | 3 + / - | John Moore | +2 Shots | Rick Nash | 13 Hits | Brian Boyle | 10 Blocks | Marc Staal | 7 PIM | Mats Zuccarello | 4 FO% | Dominic Moore | 61.9 TOI/G F: | Martin St. Louis | 21:28 TOI/G D: | Ryan McDonagh | 25:15

PROJECTED LINES:

LW | C | RW
Benoit Pouliot | Derick Brassard | Mats Zuccarello
Rick Nash | Derek Stepan | Martin St. Louis
Carl Hagelin | Brad Richards (A) | Jesper Fast
Brian Boyle | Dominic Moore | Derek Dorsett

LD | RD
Ryan McDonagh | Dan Girardi (A)
Marc Staal (A) | Anton Stralman
John Moore | Kevin Klein

Scratched
Dan Carcillo|
Raphael Diaz|
Justin Falk|
Ryan Haggerty|
J.T. Miller|

STARTING GOALIE:

LundqvistHenrik1.png

Henrik Lundqvist

GPI: 2 | W: 1 | L: 1
SV% .897 | GAA: 2.02 | SO: 0

INJURIES / SUSPENSIONS / MISC:

Chris Kreider | Hand (IR)

[/FIELDSET]

bannerend.png

Beer League Sniper

Homeless Man's Rick Nash
Apr 27, 2010
City in a Forest
Just.

WIN.

We can't afford to have a 7 game series with this team if we want to actually make a run this year. Demoralize them in their own barn and take the momentum back.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
Taking tonight's game will go a very long way in securing this series, and even opening up the opportunity to close it out early (duh).

Let's see which Rangers team we see on the ice tonight. The one that jumped out to the 2-0 early lead, or the one that took their foot off the gas and put the car in neutral for the next 50 minutes.

I'd have rather read quotes after the game that said things like:

"We know we need to be better and bring intensity for 60 minutes"

instead of

"We knew the Flyers were a good team, and that this will be a long series"

No. **** that mentality. The Flyers aren't as good as us. They aren't as deep as us. Their goalie isn't as good as ours. Take that mentality, shove it down their throat, and win this series in 5 ****ing games. Long series my ass.

Let them goon it up, don't retaliate. Win this game on the PP on the road, win on Friday, and close this **** out at the Garden on Sunday.

LGR

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Does it make anyone else sick to their stomachs to see Emery with a .913 save percentage, compared to Lundqvist at .897. :cry:

Not anymore, I've built up an immunity to Hank getting outplaued after seeing it mostly every week for the past 8 months.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
Yeah, but Hank has had a mediocre season by his standards. It's not that surprising that it's continued into the playoffs.

2.36 GAA (8th among goalies with 40 or more games played) .920 sv% (9th among goalies with 40 ore more games played).

Hank played 63 games. 2nd GAA among goalies with 60 or more games played. 3rd sv % with 60 or more games played.

#Mediocre

He also tied for the league lead in goalie assists, but I guess we're ignoring that too? ;) :sarcasm:

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
I'll leave it to the advanced stats guys, but I'm willing to bet that Henrik's sv% tends to increase proportional to the number of shots he sees in a game.

A flaw in that number would be games that he was pulled after 9-10 shots, that don't really tell the whole story.

OverTheCap

Jan 3, 2009
I'll leave it to the advanced stats guys, but I'm willing to bet that Henrik's sv% tends to increase proportional to the number of shots he sees in a game.

A flaw in that number would be games that he was pulled after 9-10 shots, that don't really tell the whole story.

Yes, there was an article that addressed this recently:

Henrik Lundqvist has faced fewer than 20 shots 20 times during the past four seasons, and he has allowed one goal or less six times—his save percentage in those 20 starts is .885. “The King†has 12 starts of 40-plus shots during the same time span and has given up one or less five times, totaling a save percentage of .956. Research each individual goaltender and the same results consistently arise.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/nhl-goalies-better-with-high-shot-volumes/

Vinny DeAngelo

Jimmy Easy to defend
Mar 17, 2014
florida
U can't compare lundqvist and emerys save percentage wen Lundqvist on sees 15 shots a game compared to emery who saw like 35

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
We need Rick Nash to score. This team can go as far as they want if he picks it up. I believe we can still beat the Flyers even if he isn't scoring but it will get more difficult down the road.

My guess is a 4-2 win. We give up 2 early goals out of the gate. Vigneault calls a time out to settle every one down. We proceed to score late in the first (Zuccarello).

We tie it up in the middle second (Richards).

Go ahead 3-2 with about 8 to go in the third (Stralman) and put the empty netter away to win it.

Also, if we want to win this series, we have to be better on the PK. 50% is absolutely un acceptable.

Jackson Ranger

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
We need Rick Nash to score. This team can go as far as they want if he picks it up. I believe we can still beat the Flyers even if he isn't scoring but it will get more difficult down the road.

My guess is a 4-2 win. We give up 2 early goals out of the gate. Vigneault calls a time out to settle every one down. We proceed to score late in the first (Zuccarello).

We tie it up in the middle second (Richards).

Go ahead 3-2 with about 8 to go in the third (Stralman) and put the empty netter away to win it.

Also, if we want to win this series, we have to be better on the PK. 50% is absolutely un acceptable.

I don't see that happening. :sarcasm:

rangers1314

May 9, 2007
Astoria, NY
This I agree with. They've got to get some killer instinct in that locker room. Everyone is too nice. :rant:

It's the playoffs, first one to four in each series. That's what you strive for.

It would be great if the Rick Nash we saw play against Columbus would show up, but I'm not holding my breath

Richter Scale

Aug 4, 2012
Still waiting for one of the Rangers' stars to step up and just completely control the game. To decide: "This game is ours, and I will exert my will on the other team."

Money players do this. Championship teams have players who do this from time to time in the playoffs - often in big games. I'm not talking about just a good performance. I'm talking about someone being an unstoppable force on the ice and tilting the scales on their own. Outside of Lundqvist pitching shut outs in the playoffs the past few years, the Rangers' supposedly dominant players haven't looked all that dominant in the playoffs. If they ever want to win it all, that needs to change. Tired of waiting.

Calling Nash, MSL, Richie, Stepan... Hell, even McDonagh. We're waiting. Anytime now would be great.

BarbaraAlphanse

Flyers played their best vs. us. We played some of our worst hockey in months. They barely beat us. Suddenly the Flyers are a "good team" that isn't far off from our team.

Spare me. This board has the tendency to 1) get extremely negative after a loss and 2) downplay our success for the point of being negative.

We are a much better team. More talent. Better defense. Better goalie. Phil is averaging like what, 15 shots, in the first 2 games? They're not scoring, or even producing, quality chances whatsoever. Their goals were elementary.

Rangers need to come out intense and ready to play. They can't play lackluster or uninspired hockey. It's as simple as that.

To have even played that way last game was embarrassing. They played down to the Flyers level and it showed.

Come out focused and prepared, we win. Let up and get cocky or nonchalant, we lose. It's very simple. Flyers didn't win their last game. We lost it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad