MDSF: (1) New York Rangers vs. (WC2) Pittsburgh Penguins (Series 1-1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riseonfire

Josh Bailey! GAME ONE, TO THE ISLAND!!!
Nov 8, 2009
It is an insult and you now it . I'm surprised the mods don't do anything about it .

Because its ridiculous and NYR fans all throughout NYC use the same term when describing their own team?

Calling it an insult is being oversensitive.

aemoreira1981

Jan 27, 2012
New York City
This series is more frustrating than I expected that it would be. MAF really has brought his A-game...so much for a quick series for the Rangers with every game decided by 1 goal.

Holocene

Mar 10, 2011
Toms River, NJ
Because its ridiculous and NYR fans all throughout NYC use the same term when describing their own team?

Calling it an insult is being oversensitive.

I agree. More people use it as an abbreviation than an insult. And let's be real Ranger fans use the names Fishsticks, Piles, Debbies, Cryers, etc... etc... So what's the big deal?

DrDangles

Mar 1, 2013
On the bright side, Fleury has continued to be our MVP. Still a lot of hockey to be played, but considering the absolutely brutal defense he is playing behind I think it's easy to say he's been the most impressive player on the ice this series.

StnTwnDevil

May 15, 2012
NJ
Protip: You'll be hard pressed to have a Rangers fan have a serious discussion with you if you call them the 'Rags'.

That's not a shorthand term for Rangers. It's an insult.

I don't think there is anything wrong with it. Maybe the Rangers should adopt it.

Islanderfan17

Aug 24, 2010
The Rangers have not been nearly as impressive as I expected them to be so far in this series. Hell, if it wasn't for Lundqvist tonight, this game very well could have been going to OT or possibly even had the Pens winning, they were dominant in the third period.

Rangers should be destroying this Pens team. I understand they have Crosby and Malkin and Fleury is playing well, but the Rangers are better in every single way aside from down the middle.

jskramer83

Nov 11, 2011
Pens fan logic:

Team A is penalized more than team B. There are some missed calls against team B. Therefore, the refs are favoring team B.

This isn't just a Pen's fan logic, this is the mindset of every teams fans on this board including Ranger fans. I can't remember one loss this year that someone wasn't blaming the refs.

But you do have a point, nhl fans seem to think if both teams don't get the same amount of power play chances the Ref's are favoring one team.

PensPlz

Dec 23, 2009
Pittsburgh
Pens fan logic:

Team A is penalized more than team B. There are some missed calls against team B. Therefore, the refs are favoring team B.

The flood of tears would be nothing short of biblical coming from NYC if the situation were reversed. Maybe we should be thanking those saint-like NHL refs for actually preventing armageddon by not sticking it to the Rags the way they are sticking it the Pens. Thank you, Refs. Thanks.

Tasty Biscuits

with fancy sauce
Aug 8, 2011
Pittsburgh
The flood of tears would be nothing short of biblical coming from NYC if the situation were reversed. Maybe we should be thanking those saint-like NHL refs for actually preventing armageddon by not sticking it to the Rags the way they are sticking it the Pens. Thank you, Refs. Thanks.

Sadly I find myself agreeing with this. It would indeed be epic.

Algernop Kreider

Ant strength
Mar 9, 2014
New York
The thing is, the missed calls are blatant on both sides. The problem is, if anyone points that out they're stifled by idiots pointing at the powerplay numbers.

The other thing is that Pens fans have been choosing atrocious examples to complain about. Did the Rangers get away with some stuff? Sure! But don't point to the Yandle play as an example, since that was a textbook example of how to legally play a one-on-one (especially when defensemen on both teams interfered on one-on-ones on nearly every occasion except that one).
And stop pointing to cases where a Penguin got slashed or crosschecked with no call, when it was in fact part of a more extended battle in which he gave as much as he took.

Trottier

Very Random
Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Visit site
As many of us - objective Ranger fans, objective Pens fans and objective hockey fans such as myself - foresaw, this series was going to be tight. Actually, much tighter than the Pens haters wished. And NYR would win it.

Trending that way so far, though many miles to go.

A couple of folks might foolishly suggest that something is wrong with NYR since they aren't blowing out the Pens. Newflash: the playoffs are ALWAYS tight.

Fleury is a very solid goaltender. Yes, I said that. Should surprise no one.

Crosby and Malkin (though the latter has disappeared of late) remain world class game changers.

So this was not ging to be a blowout, gamescore wise.

Regardless, the best teams win A TON of close games.

NYR is just that. One, if not the, very best.

Among individuals, Girardi caught my eye. He was superb.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
As many of us - objective Ranger fans, objective Pens fans and objective hockey fans such as myself - foresaw, this series was going to be tight. Actually, much tighter than the Pens haters wished. And NYR would win it.

Trending that way so far, though many miles to go.

A couple of folks might foolishly suggest that something is wrong with NYR since they aren't blowing out the Pens. Newflash: the playoffs are ALWAYS tight.

Fleury is a very solid goaltender. Yes, I said that. Should surprise no one.

Crosby and Malkin (though the latter has disappeared of late) remain world class game changers.

So this was not ging to be a blowout, gamescore wise.

Regardless, the best teams win A TON of close games.

NYR is just that. One, if not the, very best.

Among individuals, Girardi caught my eye. He was superb.

Malkin is hurt, Trots. He's not disappearing, he just doesn't have much to give. Normally he is flying all over the ice but he has a bad back right now and you can see it in his skating - Rick Nash caught him tonight on a back check from far away. Nash is a good skater but when Malkin is on and going at full steam Nash would be left in the dust.

As a Pens fan I think they're playing quite well and are giving the Rangers everything they have. It probably won't be enough, but at least they're giving it all they can. Crosby is playing well, and Fleury too. That is going to give them a chance in every game moving forward.

If Derrick Pouliot is ready to go next game that would be huge for the Pens' ability to generate offense. I have a feeling he could have played in this one but they didn't because they didn't want to disrupt what they thought worked well in game 2. Yet it's clear now after game 3 that the Pens could really use a guy who has some offensive sizzle on the point. Cole and Lovejoy have cannons but nobody has any flash to their game right now on the blueline. Pouliot would add lot with his ability to join the rush and make great passes.

SomE*

Sums up every Pens fan. Cry me a ****ing river.

Hats off to the Pens tho. They are very much still in this series and i hate it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad