GDT: MDF #4 - 05/06/15 | New York Rangers @ washington capitals | 7:30 - NBCSN, SN

Status
Not open for further replies.

OnlyTruth

Objectivity&Justice
Dec 2, 2013
In a results oriented business, Lundqvist is providing a 1.59gaa and .940sv% and has given up fewer than or equal to 2 goals 8 out of 9 games. He is doing his job and literally giving his team a chance every night.

Tired of the 15 pages when he lets up a goal. Get over it. Goalies let up goals. He is only letting up 1-2 a game. Thats good enough to win. Stop expecting this guy to pitch a shutout each and every night. People expecting another 1-0 game after there was just a 1-0 game are delusional.

The team provides this at the expence of the offense by the way.

ImIdaho

Choo-Choo-Choose me!
Mar 21, 2012
God damn did Lundqvist spoil this ****ing fanbase. Letting up a goal and we question the goalie.

You can't make this **** up.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
IMO Lundqvist is a generational talent and the best goalie in the world not named Price at the moment, but 8.5m does put a hindrance on the cap. Seeing goalies with low salaries like Dubnyk, Andersen, C.Anderson, Talbot performing at elite levels may consider the time to re-think the cap % used on goalies per team.

His cap hit is the same to the team as it was before his latest contract. We've been over this. The cap will continue to rise, and his percentage against the cap is basically the same as it was years ago. This is old news.

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
IMO Lundqvist is a generational talent and the best goalie in the world not named Price at the moment, but 8.5m does put a hindrance on the cap. Seeing goalies with low salaries like Dubnyk, Andersen, C.Anderson, Talbot performing at elite levels may consider the time to re-think the cap % used on goalies per team.

Dubnyk is down 3-0 in his series. Andersen is on a stacked team. Anderson is golfing. Talbot is a career backup.

Bullseyes

Aug 16, 2013
What happened to the team we saw in the regular season? I know Zucc and Talbot are out but comon it cant be that bad.

Yeah, Talbot is the reason the Rangers are down 2-1 in the series and are tied 1-1.

He's going to score some goals for them.

:laugh:

SA16

Sixstring
Aug 25, 2006
Long Island
His cap hit is the same to the team as it was before his latest contract. We've been over this. The cap will continue to rise, and his percentage against the cap is basically the same as it was years ago. This is old news.

That's not what he was saying. It used to be a problem and it still is. It's relatively the same. We all know that.

NYRKING30

Apr 29, 2011
NYC
He's an NHL player who ripped a wrist shot from a few feet away. The net is 4 feet high and 6 feet wide. It found a hole. If he saved that, I would have been shocked.

I knew it would be a goal once he got free and has winding up. That as high-percentage of a scoring chance as anyone is going to get in a hockey game.

Strong points but its not like it was completely unstoppable almost like ovies game 1 wrister.

R2theDizzlE

Mar 28, 2014
Sound Beach, NY
Thats true, but tackling a guy to stop him from defending a player is not good for the game. I don't care if "its playoff hockey." It diminishes the value of defense when players are allowed to just blatantly take a defender out of a play by tackling someone to create a scoring chance for their teammate.
This. Exactly. It shouldn't matter that it's the playoffs.

nyrleetch

Aug 2, 2009
New York

We could have traded Lundqvist and signed Chris Drury i mean Brad Richards, I mean Paul Stasny. I mean i'm fine having our highest cap player be our best player. We could talk about the 8.5 mil man keeping us in every game, or we could talk about the 7.8 mil man who has been MIA for three straight postseasons.

Zamboner

Juice in his slacks
Feb 7, 2013
NY
We can talk about stats then. The Capitals have 30 scoring chances the last two games. The Rangers have 24 already tonight.

A goalie being tested is giving up fewer goals than a goalie watching in these last two games.
Holtby has been great. I don't know what you're trying to prove. Both got beat tonight on a good scoring chance. Doesn't mean Lundqvist is a problem.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
Score a god damn goal and win the god game you ****ing morons

Lgr.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Those voicing opposition to Hank do have a point. Yeah, we've been very good with him, but its not like he's won a cup yet. As a Ranger fan, I want the team to win the cup, not have a goalie who wins the Vezina but not a cup. Hopefully Hank will get both with the Rangers.

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
Spot on.

And seriously. Henrik Lundqvist is going to go down as the greatest New York Ranger to ever play. He's the greatest. Yet, he gets absolutely no leeway from fans. It's like we have a damn sieve in net. It's ridiculous. Montreal fans go out of their way to protect Price when he gives up 7. Lundqvist gives up 2 and people bring up his damn cap hit. His cap hit is the exact same percentage wise as it's been nearly his whole career.

In my mind, Hank is in the discussion for second best goaltender I have ever seen.

When I see people whining about his performance, I wonder which goalies in the NHL they would prefer on the Rangers.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
Newsflash: The game is not over yet.

Win the period, win the game. Lets ****ing go!!!

:rangers

NCRanger

Bettman's Enemy
Feb 4, 2007
Charlotte, NC
true. but inconsistency is bad...especially when a clear interference call is neglected leading to a chance and a goal

The fact Ranger fans are perfectly okay with that is downright ridiculous.

I'm okay with whistle swallowing if the infraction doesn't take away or create a scoring chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad