MDF: (1) New York Rangers vs. (2) Washington Capitals Part II (Series 3-3) SEE OP

Status
Not open for further replies.

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
Really hope Washington can take one of the next 3. A player like Ovechkin deserves to play in the Conference Finals.

vippe

Mar 18, 2008
Sweden
It takes a special kind of fan blaming Lundqvist for the Rangers misserable play. His contract has nothing to do with how misserable Nash, McDonagh, St Louis has played.. they are supposed to carry the load on the ice.. they arent.

27 games, 2 goals. Brendan Bollig has scored has scored as many goals as they have combined. Think about that for a second.

KingKane88

Apr 13, 2011
As bad as i want the Caps to win this (always been my 2nd fav team), it's just so hard seeing this happening, even with a 3-1 series lead (and the Playoff history between these two teams). I mean, there luck has to run out sooner or later, Right??? Yes Caps are a good team, but luck has clearly been on there side this series. Crossing fingers i am wrong.

Gotta say though, i do feel Caps would be a much easier SCF opponent for the Hawks then the Rangers (IF the Hawks make it), so not only am i rooting for them because they are my 2nd fav, im going for them just incase the Hawks can get there too. ;)

Buzzo

Oct 5, 2009
All you can really expect from your goalie is to keep you in games and give your offense a chance to win. Both goalies have not only done a consistent job of that but have gone above and beyond at times. Neither deserve blame (barring a game 7 blowout) if their teams fail to progress to the next round.

Hard to blame Lundqvist when he's been the best player on the ice for a few of these losses.

SharksCyclops

May 4, 2010
Bay Area
The Hank bashing is weak. This offense is pathetic, Nash is proving his haters right, even with his great season. I want so bad for Rick Nash to succeed, I always loved watching him in Lumbus, but this series is squarely faulted on this anemic offense. Where is MSL, where is anybody?

Herregud

Feb 7, 2010
Washington, DC
As bad as i want the Caps to win this (always been my 2nd fav team), it's just so hard seeing this happening, even with a 3-1 series lead (and the Playoff history between these two teams). I mean, there luck has to run out sooner or later, Right??? Yes Caps are a good team, but luck has clearly been on there side this series. Crossing fingers i am wrong.

Gotta say though, i do feel Caps would be a much easier SCF opponent for the Hawks then the Rangers (IF the Hawks make it), so not only am i rooting for them because they are my 2nd fav, im going for them just incase the Hawks can get there too. ;)

You sound like someone that doesn't like the Caps. At all.

johan f

Jun 23, 2008
Sweden
I want all the computers, pads, smartphones and all devices that can be used to post here being taken off the hands from those blaming Lundqvist. Just take them away!

mrhockey193195

Nov 14, 2006
Denver, CO
Caps leaked goals in their first two playoff games. Check out how many they've given up over the last nine. That's why they are where they are.

NYR is not dead; far from it. Whoever says otherwise is a fool or a playoff noob. Or both.

However, This is not the 2009 Caps. Their best player is no longer simply a great offensive player; Mike Green has removed the chicken bone from his throat and they have superb goaltending. Plus, the kiddies are stepping up.

When you are down 3-1, spotlight shines squarely on your best players. Time for Rick Nash to score goals. Otherwise, he remains a hollow point collector.

Let's not just stop at Nash. Time for McDonagh to play like the Norris-trophy caliber defenseman he's supposed to be (and has been up until this season). Time for Martin St. Louis to actually be a threat and cause problems for the Caps defense, let alone score a goal. Time for Keith Yandle and Dan Boyle to actually drive the offensive play.

Fondue

Apr 25, 2007
Brooklyn
I'm not sure if I am watching the same games as you guys.

The Rangers have a lot of offense. They're getting their chances. A lot of them. They're just not getting that fortunate bounce. And whenever there is anything golden, Holtby seems to snatch it up.

He's having "that" kind of a year. Every playoff season there's a goalie that gets hot and steals a few.

Henrik cannot be blamed one bit for any of these loses. He's been standing on his head. Had it not been for some brilliant, timely saves, the goal totals would be more less close than they have been these 4 games.

And finally, it really does seem like defensive system is working. They're being coached very well.

Hungry team, hungry coach, and a hot goalie. That's about all it takes.

Meowmix

Apr 10, 2015
the Netherlands
Lundqvist has been one of the three stars in all four games. There's a lot not going right for the Rangers, but goaltending isn't the issue in the least... I mean .955, .933, .938, .931 - what more can you ask for? Score already! :|

vippe

Mar 18, 2008
Sweden
I'm not sure if I am watching the same games as you guys.

The Rangers have a lot of offense. They're getting their chances. A lot of them. They're just not getting that fortunate bounce. And whenever there is anything golden, Holtby seems to snatch it up.

He's having "that" kind of a year. Every playoff season there's a goalie that gets hot and steals a few.

Henrik cannot be blamed one bit for any of these loses. He's been standing on his head. Had it not been for some brilliant, timely saves, the goal totals would be more less close than they have been these 4 games.

And finally, it really does seem like defensive system is working. They're being coached very well.

Hungry team, hungry coach, and a hot goalie. That's about all it takes.

Rangers arent creating that many high quality chances.. lots of perimeter shots. Caps are creating a lot more dangerous chances.

Spinkis

Dec 26, 2011
Alain Vigneault is a great regular season coach, BUT he just gets out-coached in the playoffs.

Same thing happened in Vancouver, and it is now happening in New York.

:shakehead

yeahhh.. about that, how many coaches has been in the finals 2 times in 4 years?

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
Rangers arent creating that many high quality chances.. lots of perimeter shots. Caps are creating a lot more dangerous chances.

The Islanders had the same problem, the Caps D is just playing really well.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
If Washington manages to close the book Friday night, i call them to win it all.

It's like the best of both worlds: The offensive style of Boudreau combined with Trotz's suffocating defense. He has offensive talent he never had in Nashville and now the Caps are rolling. What i mean by offensive talent is guys that can score that one big goal.

They have the muscle to match Anaheim and they have the top end talent on both sides to hang with the Blackhawks.

Red Dread

Oct 19, 2011
Maryland
If Holtby continues to shut down the Rangers, and the Capitals win the series, I reserve the privilege of saying that the Rangers were "Holted".

:)

KingKane88

Apr 13, 2011
You sound like someone that doesn't like the Caps. At all.

Maybe i come across as too much of a pessimist, but i absolutely love the Caps! And maybe i over-rated the Rangers a bit in this series, and Washington is better then i actually thought, which also maybe the case. I've been having a blast recording then watching this series when i get the chance to.

Fact is i don't get to watch these teams as much as i would like too, both teams are not broadcasted in my area and i do not have any programing such as Center Ice On DTV. Heck, me and my brother are partners on Hawks season tickets and i only went to 2 games this year!!! lol NO JOKE!!! And that includes last game (game 2) against the WILD!!!

Me and the wife own 2 VERY BUSY Pizza Restaraunts, so its a bit hard to come across some freetime for myself.

Good luck to Caps Tomorrow, im gonna try to find a way to listen to the game. :)

Salsa Shark

Sep 1, 2009
Jersey
Rangers are down Zucc and I think McD is upset he ruined his friend's career and it's causing him to play poorly on the ice.

Yandle & Boyle suck

Girardi is prone to coughing up the puck when pressed. That's all 3 pairings..

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Rangers came back from 3-1 last year and they have the horses to do it again this year. I still sit in a corner and cry when I think of the Caps blowing a 3-1 series lead to Montreal. I am hoping this year's team is different, but I won't exhale until we win the next. The pressure was on the Rangers to start the series -- it's now squarely on the Caps. Please just end this in 5.

Caps8112

Sponsor
Aug 12, 2008
Mentioned earlier in this thread "Caps and 3-1 leads". Cracks me up when this is brought up. People do realize that the Caps have lost every scenario possible, hence no stanley cup. It would scare me if the caps arrived somewhere in a series where we had a positive history. That said, my beaten dog caps memory thinks this will go 6 or 7 but hoping for it to be over in 5.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad