MDF: (1) New York Rangers vs. (2) Washington Capitals Part II (Series 3-3) SEE OP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chairman Maouth

Retired Staff
Apr 29, 2009
Comox Valley
Let's continue talking about The Hockey.

Link to part I: http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=1887271

Folks, the issues with officiating are well documented. We all know it, so let's please keep the discussion about the players. All the talk about refs has done nothing but lead to fanbase bashing and flaming. That will not be tolerated. Neither will trolling. If you do any of those things you will be subject to infractions and thread bans. This is your official warning.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
They have been losing games by 1 goal and 2-1 MH. You can't expect Lundqvist to pitch a shutout every night. I understand since you watch all the games , but, don't you have to put some of the blame on the offense?

Like I said, there's 5 guys contributing to the offense and we have 3. The Capitals gameplan is to force our D to shoot, and we see how that's going.

Plural

Mar 10, 2011
Far from over. But there is some breathing room for the Caps. They just keep on playing the way they have been and the Rangers inability to communicate offense from D corps to F is going to make this difficult for them.

Perfectly executed game plan against this Rangers team.

MattMartin

Killer Instinct™
Feb 10, 2007
Long Island
Like I said, there's 5 guys contributing to the offense and we have 3. The Capitals gameplan is to force our D to shoot, and we see how that's going.

Got you, you meant the defense on offense. I'm surprised considering what Boyle and Yandle bring to the table. I also understand Yandle's problem playing D as well.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Got you, you meant the defense on offense. I'm surprised considering what Boyle and Yandle bring to the table. I also understand Yandle's problem playing D as well.

Yandle has helped our movement through the neutral zone but he was never much of a shooter. I think that's something we've lacked on our blueline going all the way back to Sergei Zubov in you know what year.

Fondue

Apr 25, 2007
Brooklyn
I kept flirting with the idea of Bruce vs Ovie in the SCF.

I love both. How much of a great story line would that be?

After this win, it suddenly looks... Possible.

Plural

Mar 10, 2011
I kept flirting with the idea of Bruce vs Ovie in the SCF.

I love both. How much of a great story line would that be?

After this win, it suddenly looks... Possible.

It would be awesome. Although, Perry and Getzlaf currently would just destroy Caps. Ducks are probably the most underrated team currently in the playoffs.

ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

Great Dane! Love that Eller feller.
Oct 10, 2009
British Columbia, Canada
The Burracuda takes a bite out of the Rangers. ;)

iu

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
It would be awesome. Although, Perry and Getzlaf currently would just destroy Caps. Ducks are probably the most underrated team currently in the playoffs.

well i mean they have played the #7 and #8 teams in the western conference. not like they have played against any real competition yet

MattMartin

Killer Instinct™
Feb 10, 2007
Long Island
Yandle has helped our movement through the neutral zone but he was never much of a shooter. I think that's something we've lacked on our blueline going all the way back to Sergei Zubov in you know what year.

It's ok, we had Boychuk this year and we didn't even use him on the PP lost of the time. :cry:

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area

except the Caps defeated the Ducks this season which caused the "Ovie dive - Getzlaf hair" incident :laugh:

Plural

Mar 10, 2011
well i mean they have played the #7 and #8 teams in the western conference. not like they have played against any real competition yet

True. Anything can happen. It's been awesome to watch how the Ducks (Perry and Getzlaf in the front of all) are just stripping down the defenses from both those teams.

But anything can happen. Caps are much stronger team than Flames or Jets. True.

Plural

Mar 10, 2011
except the Caps defeated the Ducks this season which caused the "Ovie dive - Getzlaf hair" incident :laugh:

It was awesome stuff. It turned out a lot of good photoshop on Getzy. :laugh:

But as said, Perry and Getzlaf are currently the hottest duo in the playoffs. But time will tell. Would be interesting match-up for sure.

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
True. Anything can happen. It's been awesome to watch how the Ducks (Perry and Getzlaf in the front of all) are just stripping down the defenses from both those teams.

But anything can happen. Caps are much stronger team than Flames or Jets. True.

oh of course, the ducks do look great dont get me wrong but we are far away from that. the ducks should they advance will take on a tough hawks team and if the caps do advance, they will take on a tough lightning team.

the caps did beat the ducks twice, and justin peters did beat them in anahiem

Faax

Mar 12, 2013
The only silver lining to theses playoffs after the habs being embarassed out of the second round is seeing the rangers underperform and ovi one step closer to possibly getting a cup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad