McQuaid Appreciation

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
2 goal lead, no reason to waste his time on a tool like that. What a ****ing fat loser **** that Scott is. He needs to get a loooong suspension.

Considering their 'history', I'd think Thornton would be lickng his chops to drop w/ Scott. It is entirely possible that he's intimidated. It doesn't make him a bad guy, it won't make me turn in my Thornton fan-card.

I'll reserve judgement until the next B's Sabres game (if Scott is in the lineup). I know that if Ott had delivered that hit, Bruins would be gunning for him come the next game. I just hope they go after Scott and make him answer. Kudos to McQuaid fo stepping up, but that was far too quick to count as proper retribution. So who steps up? Chara? Lucic? McQuaid again? Thornton? Who throws down with Scott next game?

Regardless of the suspension & possible retribution, it still doesnt do Ericksson any good. Sucks to watch. Vicsous head shot.

Dtb1381

Dec 30, 2011
Boston
Considering their 'history', I'd think Thornton would be lickng his chops to drop w/ Scott. It is entirely possible that he's intimidated. It doesn't make him a bad guy, it won't make me turn in my Thornton fan-card.

I'll reserve judgement until the next B's Sabres game (if Scott is in the lineup). I know that if Ott had delivered that hit, Bruins would be gunning for him come the next game. I just hope they go after Scott and make him answer. Kudos to McQuaid fo stepping up, but that was far too quick to count as proper retribution. So who steps up? Chara? Lucic? McQuaid again? Thornton? Who throws down with Scott next game?

Regardless of the suspension & possible retribution, it still doesnt do Ericksson any good. Sucks to watch. Vicsous head shot.

It'll be Chara, no doubt in my mind

PurpleShamrock

Dec 29, 2005
New England

I would think that Chara would match up best against him because he neutralizes Scott's reach advantage. Honestly, though, I thought McQuaid held his own just fine against him, albeit in a scrap that was very brief.

Krupp

Apr 6, 2012
I think Adam had more than enough guts and fire to go after Scott again; the question is, with his pass history with head injuries and what not, is that such a good idea? I love McQuaid and I think it's terrific he stood up for his teammate last night. But I think in this case, it would be wise, just this once, for Boston's team captain to step up and make it clear that these kind of hits won't be tolerated.

Of course the problem with that is that is exactly what Scott would want - get Chara off the ice for five minutes...of course, with Buffalo's crappiness, that wouldn't hurt us so badly.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I hope McQuaid first shift tonight is on a face off and the fans acknowledge it. I'll stand

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
...and Quaider always looks disappointed when no one will "go" with him.

I hear Adam is shy off the ice.

I can vouch for this ^

MaineHockey1 and I had our picture taken with him 2 years ago. Very nice but he could just about get the words out of his mouth.

Not that I was any better my jaw dropped to my knees when MH1 pointed him out :laugh:

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
I absolutely love and respect what #54 did last night.

As I said in the GDT sometimes it is necessary to take a long penalty or even get tossed out of the game to show your opponent that you will stand up for your teammates.

qc

Aug 23, 2011
If anyone else needs a good cheering up from the Loui incident, these three always put a smile on my face.

PurpleShamrock

Dec 29, 2005
New England
Love the way he flipped that POS and Scott looked stunned.

And it looked like he was about to throw a punch at him for good measure until the officials stepped in. Normally I don't condone such a thing -- but in this case I'll make an exception. Would've served him right to see him reap what he sewed. Garbage in, garbage out...

Bi Coastal Bawse*

...and Quaider always looks disappointed when no one will "go" with him.

I hear Adam is shy off the ice.

I forget who posted it but they told a story that verifies it.

But during the late 2012 season when Quaider was out for a long time my sister saw him at a restaurant sitting in dimmed area by himself eating and drinking.

Roll 4 Lines

Pastafarian!
Nov 6, 2008
In The Midnight Hour
I can vouch for this ^

MaineHockey1 and I had our picture taken with him 2 years ago. Very nice but he could just about get the words out of his mouth.

Not that I was any better my jaw dropped to my knees when MH1 pointed him out :laugh:

Same here. He was hanging outside the Penalty Box waiting for his cousin, cuz he wasn't old enough to get it! :laugh:

Just as polite and soft-spoken as a man can be.

Hard to belive he's the same guy who grins maniacally while beating the bag out of guys! Hehehe

The McQuaidinator! :yo:

Alan Ryan

Jun 1, 2006
Great post. Ultimate team guy and favorite of mine. Brings so much more then his contract worth IMO.. Love him.

I'm with you. McQuaid is ideal for the third pair and still a young guy. A true Bruin.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
I can definitely see Chara going with Scott next game, i however unfortunately see no punches landing and Chara falling down 2 seconds into the fight.

qc

Aug 23, 2011
I can definitely see Chara going with Scott next game, i however unfortunately see no punches landing and Chara falling down 2 seconds into the fight.

Yeah those two will not be upright for too long :laugh:

I just hope that they both get up and continue to go without the officials intervening. Similar to round 1 of Iggy v Gudas

hooked

Jul 6, 2005
Nice assist on Krejci's goal. No panic. Developing into a solid, reliable player.

Sea Bass Neely

Jun 6, 2013
Rhode Island

My sentiments exactly.

After getting KO'ed and concussed last year... i can't really say i blame him for not jumping off the bench (he was probably relieved he wasn't on the ice at the time) to go after Scott.

Thorty is on the "back nine" of his 30's... his fighting skills are not getting any better and the chance of him getting flattened by a guy as huge as Scott is high enough that i wouldn't call him a coward for not engaging the big goon.

Props to McQuaid for not even thinking twice. But remember, Quaider is not only significantly younger than Thorty but he's also bigger at 6'4" vs. Thorty's 6'2" -- and heavier too.

I don't have a problem with Shawn not jumping into the fray. I do think he is intimidated, though.

don

Aug 31, 2002
Nashua, NH
I don't consider McQuaid a "core" player but there is no way I would consider trading him. NO WAY!

Kalus

Sep 27, 2003
Florida

It's surprising to me that more fans don't see this. I can't remember Chara having a good fight as a Bruin. The Koci one should have a big asterisk as I think his nose was already broken.

Obviously Chara is one of the best dmen in the league, he's been such a pleasure to watch. Such a critical component for the team.

However, he's not that effective a fighter, or at least he hasn't been the past few years.

The only guys who can actually inflict real pain are Lucic and McQuaid. However, doesn't look like McQuaid has been able to put the weight back on post blood clot. I think this has affected his fighting ability. Also, he has been more of a middleweight fighter.

As tough as Lucic is, I'd hate to see him get Thornton'd by Scott. That was just so sad and deflating to watch.

No sense in trying to fight the guy. Play them physical all over the ice. Probably the best way to send a message against a team with such a dominant fighter who can't really play at the NHL level.

Baddkarma

El Guapo to most...
Feb 27, 2002
Midland TX
Total hoss and his game has really developed over the last couple years. On top of that he is tough as nails and a total team guy. Glad he is a Bruin.

BoyntBergie

Mar 9, 2004
My sentiments exactly.

After getting KO'ed and concussed last year... i can't really say i blame him for not jumping off the bench (he was probably relieved he wasn't on the ice at the time) to go after Scott.

Thorty is on the "back nine" of his 30's... his fighting skills are not getting any better and the chance of him getting flattened by a guy as huge as Scott is high enough that i wouldn't call him a coward for not engaging the big goon.

Props to McQuaid for not even thinking twice. But remember, Quaider is not only significantly younger than Thorty but he's also bigger at 6'4" vs. Thorty's 6'2" -- and heavier too.

I don't have a problem with Shawn not jumping into the fray. I do think he is intimidated, though.

I don't think Thornton's the type to get intimidated by a guy after one loss to him, but none of us know one way or the other. One thing though- McQuaid is in no way heavier than Thornton. He's listed as 10 pounds lighter and I'd bet it's even more than that. Thornton is built like a fire hydrant, McQuaid's a bit more lanky.

bb74

Thanks for Everything Bill
Sep 24, 2003
Cuttyhunk
Next game just have March all over him with the stick. Would like to see a good spear in the gut or a whack in the nuts and the just let March laugh at him because he goes and does something stupid he's out of the league for 40... That's payback. Not his typical job as a punching ball.

All the other guys just play a physical game and lay the body on everyone. I don't see any benefit of having Chara line up with him, nor Lucic, Quaider. This isn't like Cooke who had a reputation and was doing this every shift IMO. As much as I'd like an eye for an eye I don't see how anything will come out of this guy fighting and possibly getting someone else injured. Even the Cooke thing, he didn't give a crap of taking a beating. The only thing that changed him was when he was told he would be demoted / cut if he didn't clean up. It's the $$ and the best way to keep Scott in check is to do what I mentioned above with March letting him know his $$ and career on a tightrope and the B's are going to be yanking on that rope all night long to make him fall.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad