McQuaid Appreciation

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
Remember first hearing about him as a leader down in Providence. Didn't really expect much when he was called up - but he's everything you could ask from a bottom half defenseman.

Who's afraid to go after Scott?

Love the guys who get the very most from their skills.

qc

Aug 23, 2011
He's always one of the first guys to jump in, props to him. Reminded me of the Torres hit on Ference a year or two back.

Bi Coastal Bawse*

Love him and everyone calling him a spot picker can **** off

pigeonsonpopcorn

Jul 30, 2011
Quainter puttin in work

It seems like in the last couple of season quaider steps in to do Shawn's JOB for him. I told someone when I saw Thorton and Scott at that faceoff earlier that Mr. Merlot won't fight him and Scott will take runs and hurt one of ours.

2KA

Oct 15, 2013
Saskatchewan
Love McQuaid. Hopefully they can continue to find a spot for him with all of these young guys coming up. Total team player and gets what it means to be a Bruin

unifiedtheory

Twitter: @ut_pez
Jun 18, 2007
Burnaby, B.C.
He went from a guy I liked to a guy I loved tonight. He did not hesitate or think, he reacted and went after the biggest thug on the block.

I want blood the next time they play the Sabres.

bigbadbruins7

Dec 18, 2011
CT
Got to love to se him jumping in against a mammoth in Scott. Shows what a Bruin and teammate is all about

BudMovin*

Clearly you don't know Thornton.

It's not that he isn't afraid, it's that he is not a deterrent to such events happening with those pillow hands. I like Thornton and think we should keep him around. Would like to see a more menacing fighter for those games against the Scott's, Orrs and whatnot (Just for regular season).

Root

Feb 22, 2010
Can't say enough good things about McQuaid. don't underestimate what character, team guys like him bring to a team. good on him for stepping up and not thinking twice about it.

for all the people calling out Thornton, he wasn't on the ice when the hit happened, what do you want him to do? come off the bench? no doubt Thornton looks like he lost a couple steps in his fighting game (what do you expect, he's 36 years old doing a young mans job) but he still steps up and defends teammates. he fought Bordeleau, who is a hell of a lot better fighter then scott. wasn't much of a fight but he's still willing to defend teammates and he is still a much better player then other players who do his job. people jump on Thornton here very quickly when things like this happen, can't believe some still question his character.

Odie

Mar 29, 2009
Boston
The best part of that whole fight? McQuaid taps Scott first to let him know he's coming. He didn't just jump Scott and start swinging. McQuaid is ****ing awesome.

mattbnh

Apr 26, 2004
New Hampster
The best part of that whole fight? McQuaid taps Scott first to let him know he's coming. He didn't just jump Scott and start swinging. McQuaid is ****ing awesome.

And gets an instigator. Clueless refereeing at its worst. Instigator penalty should be for a pug starting a fight with a Byng trophy winner, not for calling out a cheapshot artist.

All credit to McQuaid for doing the right thing.

As far as follow-up, my hope is that the Bruins would need to loan a player to the Ringling Brothers Clown league to get a shot at Scott - he should be out of the NHL. He may be a great guy off the ice, but at this point he is a goon, a marginal hockey player, and a danger to everyone on the ice, and he clearly has little sense of his rightful role in the game - no part of which should include going after players like Kessel and Loui.

Last edited:

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
Remember first hearing about him as a leader down in Providence. Didn't really expect much when he was called up - but he's everything you could ask from a bottom half defenseman.

Who's afraid to go after Scott?

Love the guys who get the very most from their skills.

Great post. Ultimate team guy and favorite of mine. Brings so much more then his contract worth IMO.. Love him.

CamFan81

HF Snob Agitator
Mar 22, 2009
RI
Mcquaid is a crazy son of a b****

I cant remember the last player I saw that had crazy eyes every time he goes to fight. When he asks people to go, its with full excitement in his eyes. He's tough, and he loves it

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Mcquaid is a crazy son of a b****

I cant remember the last player I saw that had crazy eyes every time he goes to fight. When he asks people to go, its with full excitement in his eyes. He's tough, and he loves it

...and Quaider always looks disappointed when no one will "go" with him.

I hear Adam is shy off the ice.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad