Pre-Game Talk: McPanthers vs Philadelphia Gudas 10/17/17

Status
Not open for further replies.

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
Do you mean last year when Rowe came out and said he regretted playing him when Ekblad was visibly in the clouds the whole game. :mad:
Yeah, that too. 2015-16 incident was especially bad because they had him in evaluation and still let him go back on the ice. Gudbranson in that same game too, he played like a half dozen games before they started wondering that something isn't right.

TL;DR, our medical staff is and always has been terrible.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
Yeah, that too. 2015-16 incident was especially bad because they had him in evaluation and still let him go back on the ice. Gudbranson in that same game too, he played like a half dozen games before they started wondering that something isn't right.

TL;DR, our medical staff is and always has been terrible.
Ah, you are referring to the Matt Hendricks incident in Edmonton. Yep, he finished the last 1o of that game :mad:

Brokin

Nov 30, 2014
Happy that Vrbata is playing with Barkov and Huberdeau!

Surprised Brickley is the scratch. Think he has been really effective.
When Tallon talks, Boughner listens. Tippitt was going to play at some pt. The injury (although probably not serious) was a good excuse. ;)

Brokin

Nov 30, 2014
4 games in, and Brickley is back in the doghouse (insert sarcasm image).

Unless Haley can have a meaningful fight, he doesn't offer anything over Brickley-unless he is nicked up from the Pens game.
Philly is a tough team with Simmonds, Gudas, and Morin. Haley will be there. I'd like to see them sit our capt and play Malgin but I think they value him too much on what has been a joke of a PK.:)

Bobblebee

Formerly Optimus Reim
Dec 22, 2015
B.C.
Vrbata could work with Barky and Huby, he is a shooter.

If not, put Bjugstad with them now that he is playing well.
Completely agree, for both that is. Daddy doesn't seem to work great, although I don't think they're as bad as people think.

EnforceTheLaus

In the Year of Our Hatter
Nov 3, 2013
Don't like the change for Brickley....Other than that I'm happy with the line up moves. We know Bougs says he relies heavily on video so I think they took the loss to heart and changed up the balance on the lines. Torn on splitting Hubey and Dads, they play well enough together but Vrbata being in the dirty areas gives Barkov a better chance to be open and make plays. Excitied to see Tippett debut, but hope my main man Brickley isn't sidelined for too long.

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013
McGinn can't keep up with Trocheck and neither can Vrbata. I think the lines changes will help...Dadonov can keep up with Trocheck and Bjugstad can skate.

Reactions: Benched

GrumpyKelly

May 15, 2011
Bottom of a bottle
Completely agree, for both that is. Daddy doesn't seem to work great, although I don't think they're as bad as people think.

I see a lot of that fancy stuff that doesn't work from Dads. Like blind passes and over passing. Probably works a lot better in a bigger rink where you have more space and time.

Vrbata is a vet and knows he's going to have to shoot with these two guys. I'll bet he'll try to keep it simple.

Reactions: Benched

GrumpyKelly

May 15, 2011
Bottom of a bottle
McGinn can't keep up with Trocheck and neither can Vrbata. I think the lines changes will help...Dadonov can keep up with Trocheck and Bjugstad can skate.

Yeah.

McGinn shouldn't be in the top six. He can't skate well enough and doesn't have the hands. I like his effort but honestly, I don't know how this guy scored 40 points in this league. Looks like a fourth liner to me most of the time.

barkovcanfinnish

remember to breathe
Sep 22, 2014
Chicago, IL
I think Dadonov has another gear in him. He's made a good number of mistakes but he has the speed, offensive ability and backchecking effort that makes for good players. Chemistry just hasn't been there yet.

Been very pleased with McCann so far this year, hopefully he continues to surprise me.

For all our faults so far, I'll take our current team over last year's and it isn't close at all.

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
I think Dadonov has another gear in him. He's made a good number of mistakes but he has the speed, offensive ability and backchecking effort that makes for good players. Chemistry just hasn't been there yet.

Been very pleased with McCann so far this year, hopefully he continues to surprise me.

For all our faults so far, I'll take our current team over last year's and it isn't close at all.

Yes, the team looks more cohesive than it ever did under Rowe.

Benched

Jan 2, 2007
Vrbata could work with Barky and Huby, he is a shooter.

If not, put Bjugstad with them now that he is playing well.
He does have a good shot but I think it’s his overall IQ that makes him a good fit. He works best on the breakout and seems to always make the right choice between pass and shoot on odd man rushes. Really like his game.

Benched

Jan 2, 2007
Completely disagree. Nick Bjugstad is a power forward when he's at his best. He's had zero chemistry as a centerman with any line until this year on the wing, because he is not a puck distributor.
I always thought Bjuggy lined up better as a winger because he sees less ice. He doesn’t have great vision, I’ll agree with you there but from his side of the ice he makes good passes and finds open space. That’s a good makeup for a distributing winger and power play cyclist

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad