Pre-Game Talk: McPanthers vs Philadelphia Gudas 10/17/17

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA

Tippett is drawing in apparently.

Vrbata to the top line. Bjugstad to line 2. Jamie McGone to the 3rd line. I'd swap him with bricks though.

Jameson says Brickley is the odd-man out tomorrow. Why though, he actually generated some chances and was stoned by Murray a couple of times. Has looked way better than McGinn in my opinion.

Last edited:

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
Not a fan of changing the third line up. Agree that Brickley shouldn't be odd man out, he's been one of our best forwards and he did have a good game against Pitt. McGinn should be scratched if anyone in the top 9 needs to sit.

Second line hasn't really maintained much pressure, all the chances have been more on the fly so I understand trying to get that line going though.

@Benched after four games Bjugstad is in the top 6. See, he earned it after the first three games.

Benched

Jan 2, 2007
Tippett cometh. Goldy says he will debut with Brickley the scratch.

Also: Nick skated with Tro and Dadonov. Vrbata skated on the first line.

Looks like the lines will be:

11-16-71
27-21-63
88-90-74
18-17-7

There’s basically no reason for Trocheck not to have a great night on that line. Dude is skating with the two best distributors on the team.

As far as Tippett I don’t really like breaking that line up to get him in the game. But whatever. It had to happen sometime if we didn’t want to put him on the 4th line where he’d learn very little.

This game will either be really good or really terrible. I give Tippett an assist and a -1.

Benched

Jan 2, 2007

Tippett is drawing in apparently.

Vrbata to the top line. Bjugstad to line 2. Jamie McGone to the 3rd line. I'd swap him with bricks though.

Jameson says Brickley is the odd-man out tomorrow. Why though, he actually generated some chances and was stoned by Murray a couple of times. Has looked way better than McGinn in my opinion.

McGinn has looked great playing physically and getting dirty chances. He balances out the skill forwards on the second line very well and prolongs possession. I like what he’s doing.

Benched

Jan 2, 2007
Not a fan of changing the third line up. Agree that Brickley shouldn't be odd man out, he's been one of our best forwards and he did have a good game against Pitt. McGinn should be scratched if anyone in the top 9 needs to sit.

Second line hasn't really maintained much pressure, all the chances have been more on the fly so I understand trying to get that line going though.

@Benched after four games Bjugstad is in the top 6. See, he earned it after the first three games.
It hasn’t generated noticeable skill chances but it’s getting its dues thanks to forechecking and McGinn getting dirty.

It should be tons better now but the whole lineup becomes a bit more unbalanced with the two best playmakers flanking Tro and a green rookie skating.

I don’t have a good feeling about this one.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
It hasn’t generated noticeable skill chances but it’s getting its dues thanks to forechecking and McGinn getting dirty.

It should be tons better now but the whole lineup becomes a bit more unbalanced with the two best playmakers flanking Tro and a green rookie skating.

I don’t have a good feeling about this one.

Bjugstad isnt a playmaker though. He is a finisher if anything. That line should be fine in my opinion. Dadonov is more of the playmaker with Trocheck being the balanced one. That line should be fine.

McGinn goes to the dirty areas, but so does Brickley and has been better at doing it. And in my opinion, IS faster than McGinn. McCann is fairly speedy which is why Brickley works with him as he can keep up. McGinn cannot. He should not be playing over Brickley who has looked better and has OUTPRODUCED McGinn at a lower line as well. If they want McGinn in, he should be in the 4th line over Haley.

But..I dont think he has even outplayed Haley either.

Ryuji Yamazaki

Do yuu undastahn!?
Jul 22, 2015
Not a fan of the line changes and sitting Brickley. He’s been generating chances and putting up a PPG pace. Why sit him?

Benched

Jan 2, 2007
Bjugstad isnt a playmaker though. He is a finisher if anything. That line should be fine in my opinion. Dadonov is more of the playmaker with Trocheck being the balanced one. That line should be fine.

McGinn goes to the dirty areas, but so does Brickley and has been better at doing it. And in my opinion, IS faster than McGinn. McCann is fairly speedy which is why Brickley works with him as he can keep up. McGinn cannot. He should not be playing over Brickley who has looked better and has OUTPRODUCED McGinn at a lower line as well. If they want McGinn in, he should be in the 4th line over Haley.

But..I dont think he has even outplayed Haley either.
Bjugstad is a puck distributor first and foremost. This year yes he’s been great at finishing. I think they’re just searching to see where Dadonov fits because he hasn’t fit on the first line or with Tro and McGinn so far.

McGinn is more physical than Brickley and a better flrechecker. Brick has been good and gotten the points to prove it. I don’t disagree that McGinn should’ve been the one to sit. I actually concur with that. But aside from the points they’re bringing similar results. Brick was probably prepared to sit for Tippett since they both made the team.

It’s not a huge deal. Soon Owen will be gone and Brick will be back.

Depch

Aug 27, 2006
Delete account
No complaints. It's good as Tippett has to get his games at some point. Better now than later to see where he'll be and will he be sent to OHL soon. I'm sure the good deeds Brickley has done has not gone unnoticed, he will be back soon. It's a good test to see how the guys do with other players they can always return if there is special chemistry between some players, especially the third line we saw the first 4 games. I also think McGinn is important, he has attitude and character, balances out some of the softness and skill.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
Not a fan of the line changes, Florida's been playing really well so idk why he feels the need to switch it up.

I also have no idea why Brickley is sitting and not Haley.

Agreed here. Kinda feels like changes for the sake of changes. Vrbata Dadonov swap should have been enough.

If they want Tippett in, then one of Haley or McGinn should have been the odd-man out.

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
If those lines from practice are true. I'm estatic. Do we finally have a coach that actually trys new lines more than 3 shifts?

PanthersHockey1

South by Southeast
Mar 11, 2010
Palm Trees
I was coming here to say this. The amount of complaints last year with our coach's inability to switch things up and now we have a coach who does and everyone starts screaming again.

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
I'm with Mogo. The Penguins figured out how to shut down the third line. Boughner did well to mix it up and leave Philly guessing (they will be guessing by definition because we're guessing too).

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
I'm with Mogo. The Penguins figured out how to shut down the third line. Boughner did well to mix it up and leave Philly guessing (they will be guessing by definition because we're guessing too).

Yeah. I really wanna see what Vrbata can do with Huby and Barky. I don't think Bjugstad would work with them. By the fact Bjugstad is a run and gun kinda player. Not a cycling guy that will get open.

Bjugstad on the LW also gives him the option for one timers. He owned that stuff as a junior. We never used him there

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
McGinn has looked great playing physically and getting dirty chances. He balances out the skill forwards on the second line very well and prolongs possession. I like what he’s doing.

But he bring nothing to the Table and that is a most if you play Top 6. I would let the 3rd line untoched, McGinn get Benched about non productiv and put tipppet on the 2nd left wing. But overall i would like to see Malgin/Tro/Vrbata. Sure Vrbata has more assist then Goals so far but that also happen to Vanek.

Not sure if i should happy with seeing Tippett first Game against PHI.

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
I was coming here to say this. The amount of complaints last year with our coach's inability to switch things up and now we have a coach who does and everyone starts screaming again.

Its woow are oyu only think black and white?? You do it befor so now you do it so too.
Maybe about last Year we lack in production and had behind the first line no chemistry. Now you see 1st Line work the most time, Tro/Vrb clicks, third Line clicks, and 4th Line Guys work well together.

So most people see it and say there is not much to do only switch a few Player. And no one can understand why the should split up the working 3rd Line. So its better to place McGinn on 4th Line or Bench befor splitt up the working 3rd Line.

Where comes the Argument from, yes we are early in the Season and could try out some different Lines for the rest of the Season.
But if you look in the Standings so early, its already shine out that 4 teams already have 8 Points and already 4 Point ahead of us. And in the only Year we reached the PO, we build on Point Lead early in the Season.

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
4 games in, and Brickley is back in the doghouse (insert sarcasm image).

Unless Haley can have a meaningful fight, he doesn't offer anything over Brickley-unless he is nicked up from the Pens game.

Reactions: Pumaconcolorcoryi

Benched

Jan 2, 2007
4 games in, and Brickley is back in the doghouse (insert sarcasm image).

Unless Haley can have a meaningful fight, he doesn't offer anything over Brickley-unless he is nicked up from the Pens game.
Pretty sure that he is dinged up.

Benched

Jan 2, 2007
I really hope this brings out a better Dadonov. He's looked a bit lost at times, trailing plays and missing the two best forwards on the team with his passes. He's also failed to notice screens in front of the net even when he's had a clear view of them. A few times last home game, I found myself screaming for a shot because Huby completely covered the goalie. Despite a few bright flashes, he's been pretty poor thus far. And yeah, I know. Four games.

Reactions: KW
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad