McKenzie: "McKenzie on Pacioretty: “It’s more likely than not that he gets traded today.”

Critical13

Fear is the mind-killer.
Feb 25, 2017
Sitting at a desk.
Again, how are his playoff stats? You keep cherry picking one of my statements and not answering said question.

How am I cherry picking stats?

Do you actually expect a player who plays with Tomas Plekanec and Phillip Danualt to have great playoff stats? Do you believe that he would still have mediocre stats if he had the luxury of playing on a better team, with better puck distributors? Such as Kuznetsov, Stamkos, Marner, etc?

Your type always makes me laugh. You call a guy out for being lazy, and you completely ignore context. Believe it or not, playing in a defensive system with few offensively gifted player will hurt a player's stats unless they are named Crosby or Malkin or Ovechkin.

Reactions: HomeAndHome

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
So, you're say Rick Nash isn't worth a 1st, prospect and a decent roster player and a cap dump ?

Absolutely not. Just because some dumb team paid that for him and got burned for doing so because he isn’t good, doesn’t mean he’s worth it. Ask Bruin fans if Nash was “worth” the price.

At the end of the day, it’s not debatable that Pacioretty is an excellent regular season player. It’s equally not debatable that he’s an awful playoff player. That second thing matters more to me.

loyaltotheend

May 5, 2016
St. John's
Why just why?

Like Toffoli but he isn't a first line center but a good second.

This idea of trading Max is crazy simply because wonder who will score goals for the Habs? They gave up goal scoring in the Galchenyuk/Domi deal already.

I'm not sure if this is what you're saying, but I don't think you're getting a first line centre for him. Even if he wasn't a rental, coming off a bad year he wouldn't return that imo.

Isn't it better to get something for the asset? (Not necessarily this deal, but a 2C is still an upgrade)

Reactions: deaderhead28

PKWeber

Mar 1, 2017
Montreal
Lol at anyone bashing Max’s playoff stats, for years he was the only legit top line winger on the Habs. It was easy to shut him down for other teams because he was the only top line scoring threat. He has 10 goals in 38 playoff games which translates to 21 goals over a season, that’s actually not bad given his situation. I strongly believe his playoff stats go up if he’s traded to a team with another legit top line scoring threat and 1C.

Last edited:

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Absolutely not. Just because some dumb team paid that for him and got burned for doing so because he isn’t good, doesn’t mean he’s worth it. Ask Bruin fans if Nash was “worth” the price.

At the end of the day, it’s not debatable that Pacioretty is an excellent regular season player. It’s equally not debatable that he’s an awful playoff player. That second thing matters more to me.

Could just need a change of scenery. Oshie was garbage with st. Louis and the playoffs. Or he'll still suck.

He'll ensure you get to the playoffs and add depth to a team. If he's not the main offensive threat could do well.

Reactions: ToLegitToQuit

junyab

Jan 22, 2013
Again, how are his playoff stats? You keep cherry picking one of my statements and not answering said question.

Outside of Subban and Radulov, no Hab's player has had good stats in the last few trips to the playoffs. We been outmatched and mostly shutdown offensively. I don't think it's just a Patches thing.

Reactions: ToLegitToQuit

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
Alzner is extremely overpaid.

I wouldn't give Pacioretty more than 6.5 million. I don't think he brings much more than his goal scoring to the table. I'm sure he will get more and if my team was a goal scoring winger away from competing then he can be worth it. Montreal isn't in that position.

Kane produces less and is signed for more and he comes with attitude issues...Compared to the Habs captain , who while being bland doesn't have that issue.

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
That's just not true. He had a bad year, and I think he will be making a lot of people eat crow this year.
he's had more than A bad year, and we didn't make the playoffs last year anyways.

anyone who says he's not a ghost in the playoffs, hasn't been paying attention.

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
How am I cherry picking stats?

Do you actually expect a player who plays with Tomas Plekanec and Phillip Danualt to have great playoff stats? Do you believe that he would still have mediocre stats if he had the luxury of playing on a better team, with better puck distributors? Such as Kuznetsov, Stamkos, Marner, etc?

Your type always makes me laugh. You call a guy out for being lazy, and you completely ignore context. Believe it or not, playing in a defensive system with few offensively gifted player will hurt a player's stats unless they are named Crosby or Malkin or Ovechkin.

but he still scores 30+/- with those SAME PLAYERS in the regular season so that is not a variable. when he plays in the playoffs his production tanks.

if the argument is that a streaky scoring winger would do better with a great center, as jpoe peschi says in my cousin vinny " wait, I think you cracked the case!"

if you are looking for a playoff boost, you could probably do better by picking a player at random that tying your horse to lazy casperetty.

DesertPenguin

Apr 22, 2015
Spitballing, but I wonder if the Pens end up moving Kessel out, that they bring Patches in to replace some of his production. I'm not suggesting Kessel for Patches, but a Kessel for assets, assets for Patches kind of situation. Pens need a LW and if Kessel goes, I don't mind adding a player like Patches to replace him.

Guentzel - Crosby - Hornqvist
Patches - Malkin - Rust
Hagelin - Brassard - Sprong
ZAR - Sheahan - Sheary/Kuhnhackl/Simon

Wingers on lines 2 and 3 are swappable. I could get on board with that I think.

Bonzo111

Leafs Fan
Oct 31, 2017
Canaderp
Spitballing, but I wonder if the Pens end up moving Kessel out, that they bring Patches in to replace some of his production. I'm not suggesting Kessel for Patches, but a Kessel for assets, assets for Patches kind of situation. Pens need a LW and if Kessel goes, I don't mind adding a player like Patches to replace him.

Guentzel - Crosby - Hornqvist
Patches - Malkin - Rust
Hagelin - Brassard - Sprong
ZAR - Sheahan - Sheary/Kuhnhackl/Simon

Wingers on lines 2 and 3 are swappable. I could get on board with that I think.
was thinking the same thing

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
Outside of Subban and Radulov, no Hab's player has had good stats in the last few trips to the playoffs. We been outmatched and mostly shutdown offensively. I don't think it's just a Patches thing.

no its an " abysmal center depth with a team of smurfs" thing

KingsCourt

Aug 15, 2005
these habs proposals are so unrealistic ...you guys expect a teams collection best prospects and 1st rounder for a 29yr player (1 yr left on contract), whose good, not game changing...the rumored Karlsson deal was less taxing and Karlsson is a game changer with same age and contract status

FloJack

Lurking and liking.
Sponsor
Sep 6, 2006
He was actually better after that hit. His best years all came after.

Yeah, that's a weird narrative some people still use, you could argue his game changed after he got suspended for hitting Letang.

How he came back after the Chara incident is nothing less than impressive, really.

Islcey

Jun 18, 2018
Guys this is Bergevin we're talking about.

Patches for Pahneuf straight up.

In all seriousness as has been stated multiple times before... Vilardi is a MTL fans pipe dream.

Reactions: KingsCourt

Cootsfanclub

For Oskar!
Mar 29, 2013
Whoever gets him will probably be very happy. Good goalscoring and great defensive abilities from a GM that always gets fleeced. He didn't get much help at all in his time in Montreal.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $200.00