McKenzie: "McKenzie on Pacioretty: “It’s more likely than not that he gets traded today.”

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
Pacioretty was top 3 in EVG, top10 in EVP and top20 in Total points the last 4 years before this one. Amazing how underrated and underappreciated he's become.

People **** on this guy and say he's worth nothing with no value so why wouldn't you want to add him on your team? He should come for peanuts and has tremendous upside at 4.5 Million assuming this last year was an abberation.

10 career goals in 38 career playoff games. Goes from a ~.75 PPG player in the regular season to a .5 PPG in the playoffs.

Critical13

Fear is the mind-killer.
Feb 25, 2017
Sitting at a desk.
How's his playoff resume? I wasn't talking about regular season.

He's a lazy player that is tough to root for.

I don't think he's lazy, he's just lost a step. He still has an elite shot, and isn't awful defensively, although he was better when he was quicker. Very valuable player for teams lacking goalscoring. As much as Kings fans hate it, he's a good fit if they are looking to keep their window open.

Hockeyholic

Apr 20, 2017
Condo My Dad Bought Me
I don't think he's lazy, he's just lost a step. He still has an elite shot, and isn't awful defensively, although he was better when he was quicker. Very valuable player for teams lacking goalscoring. As much as Kings fans hate it, he's a good fit if they are looking to keep their window open.

Again, how are his playoff stats? You keep cherry picking one of my statements and not answering said question.

Janne Niinimaa

"Character"
Sep 28, 2017
Montreal
Again, how are his playoff stats? You keep cherry picking one of my statements and not answering said question.
He's awful in the playoffs.

But at 4.5 for one more season he is a very good scoring LW. He's fast, responsible defensively and can finish. He won't be the main component of a line but he can skate and shoot. He will get you 30+ goals. Don't expect more out of him though.

Little Psycho

I solemnly swear I'm up to no good
Feb 4, 2007
Non-Yah
LA passes.

giphy.gif

Reactions: Reaper45

fsanford

Jul 4, 2009

But at 4.5 for one more season he is a very good scoring LW. He's fast, responsible defensively and can finish. He won't be the main component of a line but he can skate and shoot. He will get you 30+ goals. Don't expect more out of him though.
So that would him first or second on the kings in goal scoring.

He would be an asset, but it's the raise he will want at could be a deal breaker.

Hockeyholic

Apr 20, 2017
Condo My Dad Bought Me

Great. So what's the point of adding him ( LA I mean) if he is a playoff ghost?

Habsddicted

Derp derp
Jan 18, 2018
I should become an insider, I've got some great scoops for you guys.

Dahlin will more then likely be the first overall tonight.

Reactions: Eyeseeing

fsanford

Jul 4, 2009
Understandable. I wouldn't be happy giving him much more than 6 million a season.
We have gone through a couple of Lombardi deals where he gave up good assets for 1 year rentals. Now fortunately I guess he was unable to sign them as they are causing the Oilers pain, but you gotta get a better return on assets.

Janne Niinimaa

"Character"
Sep 28, 2017
Montreal
You realize Alzner makes nearly 5M right? Cap just went up too...
Alzner is extremely overpaid.

I wouldn't give Pacioretty more than 6.5 million. I don't think he brings much more than his goal scoring to the table. I'm sure he will get more and if my team was a goal scoring winger away from competing then he can be worth it. Montreal isn't in that position.

HabsQC

Sep 27, 2008
Gatineau, Quebec
Alzner is extremely overpaid.

I wouldn't give Pacioretty more than 6.5 million. I don't think he brings much more than his goal scoring to the table. I'm sure he will get more and if my team was a goal scoring winger away from competing then he can be worth it. Montreal isn't in that position.

He's actually very capable on the defensive end. He played a lot with Plekanec on the PK these last years

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
Not sure why everyone is so sure LA. They’ve been just as rumored if not more so to be pursuing Kovy and then Skinner from what I’ve seen.

Ive seen more rumors of Max headed to Florida than LA.

Never mind, just saw the extension rumor. My bad.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad