TSN: McKenzie: "Myers could be had," speculates EDM; "Murray's shopping for primo picks"

ZeroPT*

Not a #1 D man like he is getting paid.

Who are true #1 D-men in the league?
Karlsson,Doughty,Petro,Weber,Suter,Chara,Kieth are the only current true #1 D-men in the league and are being paid more than Myers.
Subban,Hedman,OEL and Mcdonagh are heading toward their next contracts and will be making money similar to the others.

slip

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 19, 2005
Murray's dilemma is that Myers might be near or at the end of his contract before Buffalo seriously challenges for a Cup. So in that sense I understand why you might want to trade him for a high end prospect/pick almost certain to be a very good, if not great, NHL player, 2-3 years down the road, and around for the next 5 after that when our dynastic pieces are fully assembled and unleashed on the rest of the league. Right? That is the plan.

For now, no harm in floating his name to get a sense of what others are willing to pay. Heck, it could turn out to be a case of a "I came for Myers, and they sold me Stewart!" type ploy on Murray's part to simply get other GMs into the show room.

MacOfNiagara

Feb 8, 2006
Ithaca
More like "a consistent minute eating steady defenseman who can dominate at both ends with his nasty combination of skating, skill, and size & physicality". He has just been pushing people around this year and his maturity growth not only in his play but in his demeanor has been tremendous.

There is certainly a risk with Myers that he could regress and not keep this up, and that is a valid point considering his past. But to say he has not been a great player this year is just wrong. If he was on a successful team with some offense his numbers would skyrocket. There seems to have been many games this year where he has been the best player on the ice, dominating in both ends and looking better than his rookie year.

You need more than 190 posts. Very cogent analysis.

Royal Thunder

Frolunda Mode
Feb 21, 2012
I suppose it's semantics. He's got incredible talent and potential but until he finds consistency or at the very least knocks off the terrible stretches I can't really consider him a "good" player.

"Good" for me isn't an indicator of innate ability but the ability to maintain acceptable to peak performance given the skillset
I would counter by saying he has been the most consistent player on the team this year. Where are these terrible stretches? Certainly not this season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad