Post-Game Talk: McJesus goes to Washington 7PM (oshie out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bananas

Sponsor
Mar 26, 2007
Let's see how GMBM likes our depth now that a few injuries have inevitably hit.

This is a deadline litmus test type game if either Orpik or Nisky sit imo. My initial reaction is that we're not gonna love what we see if that's the case, especially if Ovechkin's controller is still disconnected.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Took an awkward hit along the bench area last game.

On the play where he seemed to have a senior moment and just stood there. Can't recall who hit him but it was a crosscheck into the lower back and he fell awkwardly into the boards.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
On the play where he seemed to have a senior moment and just stood there. Can't recall who hit him but it was a crosscheck into the lower back and he fell awkwardly into the boards.

Definitely froze like a deer in the headlights. Not the first time I've seen him do that as a Cap and take a bad hit for it.

EroCaps

Aug 24, 2003
Virginia

This is a deadline litmus test type game if either Orpik or Nisky sit imo. My initial reaction is that we're not gonna love what we see if that's the case, especially if Ovechkin's controller is still disconnected.

Yeah, no kidding.

It's one thing to like your depth when you've been freakishly healthy.

HecticGlow

Mar 14, 2016
Europe
Have a feeling our D gets shredded tonight by the Oilers speed, and we end up in a shootout (some score like 6-5).

That'll depend on how Alzner-Carlson fair, if Orpik and Niskanen are both out, given they'll be fairly heavily leaned upon and frankly haven't been a great defensive (or puck moving) pair (which wasn't the case last year for Alzner-Niskanen, while Carlson and Orpik were both out).

Be interesting to see who the potentially-injured forward(s) is/are - Ovi is the guy who springs to mind after wiping out and then that Gudas shot hitting him. Mojo's looked a little uneasy on his skates lately too, so he also wouldn't surprise me.

McPuritania

LucicDestroyedHaley
May 25, 2010
Toussaint
Have a feeling our D gets shredded tonight by the Oilers speed, and we end up in a shootout (some score like 6-5).

Larsson is still out for us, so you might be right on the score for your end, just hope our offense can keep up as well.

I've been cheering for you guys hard in the playoffs every year since my Oilers were junk for so long. For the first time in a long time, I won't have to wear a Caps bandwagon avatar come spring. (hopefully, lol) Good luck tonight, hope it's a good game with no injuries. Cheers. :D

ujju2

Apr 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
As a fan of both teams (Caps are my playoff team), good luck guys!

Oh, I just noticed that McPuritania just said basically the same thing. :)

I have also cheered for the Caps every playoffs (and regular season).

Valhuen

Secretary of Defense
Apr 10, 2011
Tucson via Spokane
Larsson is still out for us, so you might be right on the score for your end, just hope our offense can keep up as well.

I've been cheering for you guys hard in the playoffs every year since my Oilers were junk for so long. For the first time in a long time, I won't have to wear a Caps bandwagon avatar come spring. (hopefully, lol) Good luck tonight, hope it's a good game with no injuries. Cheers. :D

Think we'll see a rather clean & fun game tonight, should be an offensive showcase (watch it end up being a 1-0 goalie dual). Agree, no injuries. Neither team can afford them right now. Interested to see how our offenses contrast since we don't play one another that often.

notDkristich

Jan 27, 2013

Speaking of disconnected...I've seen several comments about OV's wrist likely bothering him. Any clue how far back this goes?

Valhuen

Secretary of Defense
Apr 10, 2011
Tucson via Spokane
That'll depend on how Alzner-Carlson fair, if Orpik and Niskanen are both out, given they'll be fairly heavily leaned upon and frankly haven't been a great defensive (or puck moving) pair (which wasn't the case last year for Alzner-Niskanen, while Carlson and Orpik were both out).

Be interesting to see who the potentially-injured forward(s) is/are - Ovi is the guy who springs to mind after wiping out and then that Gudas shot hitting him. Mojo's looked a little uneasy on his skates lately too, so he also wouldn't surprise me.

Yeah, the news about injured forwards has me concerned. With our D so banged up right now, the last thing we need is to see one (or more) of our top 6 forwards out.

OV Rocks

Jan 5, 2014
Beach with Beer
Hoping for the best....expecting the worst

Can really see the "depth" and "young guys" being exposed by McDavid and Co.'s speed. Some injuries here and unreliable young guys might actually get GMBM to make the big splash trade I think the Caps need to win a cup. Might not be bad to lose 6-0 in that case

ovikovy817

May 23, 2015
Belgium

Simmonds.

Let's be realistic. Barber won't play in PO, so why not just give ice time to Vrana?

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
Probably about a month or so, that's when his play began dropping off.

There have a been a few instances this season of him getting slashed and either cradling his arm afterward or shaking his hand. I have a feeling it's cumulative but yeah, probably became a burden about a month ago.

Wish he knew better what to do with himself when he can't shoot well, tho.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad