McIsaac loaned to HPK (Liiga)

golffuul

Oct 24, 2011
Solid move. Let’s him get a full season of development while still being able to join the club at the end of the year.

FabricDetails

HF still in need of automated text analytics
Mar 30, 2009
Seriously. What do they know that we don't know (yet)? (About the AHL)

Rzombo4 prez

May 17, 2012
This is a really good move for a first-year NA pro given the uncertainty with the AHL as TZE points out. With all this uncertainty the first order of business is to make sure your prospects are playing hockey this year somewhere.

ChadS

Jun 30, 2009
It's an interesting team choice especially for a young kid as they have zero foreigners on the roster other than him and it's a smaller city. HPK added two very experienced guys this summer in Ville Koistinen and Petri Kontiola, hopefully they can mentor him on and off the ice.

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
This is pretty noteworthy for the AHL crowd, full season loan is good for McIsaac but cannot help but feel this is a bad sign for Griffins fans.

Also makes you wonder if Yzerman is going to be aggressive in promoting some of the youth (Seider, Svech, Ras, Veleno) and cut loose the dead weight instead of trying to find homes in Europe if the AHL is going to skip the year.

Reactions: NotLeddy

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
I just don't want any serious injuries on those loaned to European clubs like Zadina.

Are European leagues somehow more injury prone leagues or what do you mean?

You still have to play hockey to develop. Good to get some experiments, a bit further than your own backyard.

McIsaac could develop to our own Esa Lindell -mold defenceman, if we are lucky. A best-case scenario. HPK had a Dallas style of defence at season 2019 when they did win. Nice place to learn those things.

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
Are European leagues somehow more injury prone leagues or what do you mean?

You still have to play hockey to develop. Good to get some experiments, a bit further than your own backyard.

McIsaac could develop to our own Esa Lindell -mold defenceman, if we are lucky. A best-case scenario. HPK had a Dallas style of defence at season 2019 when they did win. Nice place to learn those things.

I'd be happy with him becoming an Esa Lindell type defender. I personally think his game is reminiscent of Brad Stuart. He's roughly the same size, physical, and almost as good a skater. If he's a solid but quiet 3/4/5 defender that logs 22+ minutes a night we should be very happy with the pick.

SCD

Apr 8, 2018
Bettman is already talking delaying the start of the next NHL season. I would be surprised if the AHL is able to get a season in for 20/21. NHL would likely have to underwrite some of the cost, and I would be surprised they would be willing considering their losses.

Good Move. Now who is next to ship?

Killerjas

Mar 6, 2017
Netherlands
Bettman is already talking delaying the start of the next NHL season. I would be surprised if the AHL is able to get a season in for 20/21. NHL would likely have to underwrite some of the cost, and I would be surprised they would be willing considering their losses.

Good Move. Now who is next to ship?

Veleno, Rasmussen, Larsson

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad