Recalled/Assigned: McIlrath recalled - Daley to IR

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
… or send Hicketts down and have Lashoff as the spare.

I said this in a different thread, but Lashoff and McIlrath are going to be better partners for Bowey.
Sure, that too, but Cholowski can learn a lot in GR still.

Reactions: Retire91

deca guard

Jun 22, 2019
www.reddit.com
Rasmussen I believe got hurt but not sure length of injury. He has missed four games.
what is the problem with griffins releasing a constant / daily flow info to some sort of media outlet ? its been like this all along / for years , dont they grasp its important to fans to know whats going on every day ? and its not like its difficult , they could just post a daily report from a team writer on their web site . the brass in detroit has to enlighten them as these are red wing prospects there . even if the red wings have to pay somebody there in gr to write daily reports from info released to them by griff brass / coaches , they need to become a more proffesional organization . even if it takes a new gm there

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
I would guess McIlrath is being called up to play on the right side. Not a good sign for either Bowey or Biega.

They are all dumpster fires for the most part, but Hicketts should really be coming out of the lineup at this point, he has been absolutely brutal. My guess is the righty callup has saved him from that fate. But I guess we will see tomorrow.
Crap, I forgot he's a righty.

In that case, I definitely want Lashoff instead of Hicketts. Go with:
Cholo-McI
Lash-Bowey

Definitely looks like AHL pairings, but decent AHL pairs.

In any case, I hope Biega sits, Bowey needs to play games so he can figure things out.

GrGriffins

Jan 30, 2017
Grand Rapids, MI
what is the problem with griffins releasing a constant / daily flow info to some sort of media outlet ? its been like this all along / for years , dont they grasp its important to fans to know whats going on every day ? and its not like its difficult , they could just post a daily report from a team writer on their web site . the brass in detroit has to enlighten them as these are red wing prospects there . even if the red wings have to pay somebody there in gr to write daily reports from info released to them by griff brass / coaches , they need to become a more proffesional organization . even if it takes a new gm there

Because the Red Wings brass must have instructed Simon (head coach) and Martin (GM) not to discuss injuries to high Red Wings prospects (Ras, Zadina, Veleno, Svech, etc) to the press or anybody else. Pete Welker (GR Press/Mlive beat writer) and other local media in GR are asking Simon about the status of Ras, but he only stated that it is a minor injury and day to day. From what I saw at Ras last game, he took 2 shots (head down with the puck at center ice both times) and the 2nd one rattled him good. He should be playing sometime this week (possibly tomorrow AM game or by Friday for sure) from what I'm hearing here. He might have been on concussion protocol (can not confirm that) during that time and he could be or has been cleared to play. Will see.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
At least he's not scared to move bodies. I figured he or Lashoff would be the D they call up.

Yeah, like our basic net-front defence has been pure crap on last games. Only Nemeth and DeKeyser are good. We would be better with Lashoff, Ericsson and McIlrath there, than current other guys. Green has always been horrible, and kids won't have muscle. Bowey is probably worst.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
I think McIlrath could be the best partner for Cholowski. He needs a right-handed stay-at-home partner, and there's nobody else until Seider or Lindström have developed enough.

Daley is horrible, so is Bowey, Ericsson already sent down. Biega was crap too.

DeKeyser - Hronek
Nemeth - Green
Cholowski - McIlrath
7th

That would be my ideal defence for current moment.

Last edited:

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012

Why is it important to them that fans know what is going on every day? They couldn't give one flying F about what decaguard or tsweeney or whoever need to know about prospects. What's professional about running out a news story when a guy has a sore leg or sore back or has the flu? Guy doesn't play and you're asked why, you just say he's not available. It's not professional or unprofessional to hold data like that close to the vest. Why do you think "upper body injury and lower body injury are terms that are in such vogue?

I think everyone would be a little better off if there weren't reports out "every day". Hell, people wouldn't be looking to bury Rasmussen or Zadina or whoever when they don't have 5 points in 3 games or what have you. People on the hole are nosy and way overreactive. To me, it's kinda better when you're not getting an information overload or watching Zadina's third shift of the game and wondering why he isn't lifting his leg 5 degrees more.

We are unironically talking about how Lashoff and McIlrath are our best options and no one is disagreeing

Yup... we're less tanking and more just have a monumental lack of NHL ready talent.

Reactions: TCNorthstars

wingfan

Jul 1, 2012
I would guess McIlrath is being called up to play on the right side. Not a good sign for either Bowey or Biega.

They are all dumpster fires for the most part, but Hicketts should really be coming out of the lineup at this point, he has been absolutely brutal. My guess is the righty callup has saved him from that fate. But I guess we will see tomorrow.

Hicketts isn't good but Bowey is hot garbage. At this point the only reason Bowey, Hicketts and Daley are still on the team I'd have to think is that we're trying to ice the worst d corps in the league.

RedWingsDad

Jul 30, 2013
Yeah the Wings basically haven't been laying the body on people at all... hoping this will change that some.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
We are unironically talking about how Lashoff and McIlrath are our best options and no one is disagreeing
I said it before the season even started, everyone wanted Big Mc down in GR to protect the kids...

He may be slow, but he has decent awareness and gap control for a guy his speed. More than likely will get beat one on one by the faster players in this league, but he didn't look horrible last season.

One thing that hasn't been mentioned is that he's only 27. I doubt his foot speed will improve from where he's at, but at least he won't be on the decline for a couple more years.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
The extreme Blashill crowd. I mean most wouldn't be shocked if he was canned but some of the arguments don't seem to care what he has to work with.
My argument is that he chose what he has to work with. I would take Lashoff and McIlrath over Hicketts and Bowey, any day of the week.

Though Bowey needed some time to prove himself. I'm beginning to think he doesn't understand the concept of coverage. I think I'd still take Bowey over Biega, and I don't blame Blash for Biega. That was Stevie's fault.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
My argument is that he chose what he has to work with. I would take Lashoff and McIlrath over Hicketts and Bowey, any day of the week.

Though Bowey needed some time to prove himself. I'm beginning to think he doesn't understand the concept of coverage. I think I'd still take Bowey over Biega, and I don't blame Blash for Biega. That was Stevie's fault.

Yeah that choice of Hicketts over Lashoff is definitely what put the wings in this situation...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad