Confirmed with Link: McIlhenny waived (claimed by Toronto): Forsberg recalled

Grouchy

Nov 2, 2006
Canal Winchester, OH
This was probably the best situation for those involved.

CMac, if picked up, will likely be in the same situation or better NHL wise.

If not picked up, then to Cleveland where he can be recalled if neither AF/JK pan out, will likely get more minutes which he needs to keep his career going (to me he seemed like a goalie that needed a few starts to get into rhythm; which surprised me when he played well with the few starts he got).

Best of luck to him.

Jaxs

Jul 4, 2008
Good luck to Mac. I didn't think he would get claimed either. This will immediately let the organization know goaltender depth.

JacketsFanWest

Jun 14, 2005
Los Angeles, CA
I like this move. It may be a bit of an overreaction to the loss - I heard a lot of fans complaining that had Bob been in net it would have been a win. Mac wasn't playing well. But that first period was the worst I have seen Lundqvist play. He seemed out of sync and not moving well. Goalies have bad stretches they need to play through. But there isn't the time to get Mac on track.

Its nice for Mac to get to play for Toronto since he's from Ontario. Hopefully he can stick in the league for a little longer.

Nanabijou

Booooooooooone
Dec 22, 2009
Columbus, Ohio
Happy for Mac. Wish him the best of luck even though I have been a lifelong leafs despiser.

He was never an all star, nor was he paid or played as one. But, I always felt he got more grief on here than he deserved and the positives of his tenure outweighed the negatives.

Hello Johnny

Apr 13, 2007
Mac is going to be terribly exposed behind Toronto's defense. Hope he's ready for a media onslaught.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Hmf. Was hoping we could keep him in Cleveland, but if he gets playing time in Toronto, all the better for him. Good luck to him.

Old Guy

Just waitin' on my medication.
Aug 30, 2015
C-Mac joins a very small and exclusive club. I can't remember them all but the CBJ waivers that have been claimed are very few and far between. (Count on one hand?). Heck, this club ran Wrong Pronger thru waiver like 6 times in a year and nobody every made a claim. Think about that........ 29 teams have an opportunity to get you for free 6 different times and everybody passes every time. Ouch!!

Zarathustra

This is not my hat.
Nov 21, 2007
Salzburg
C-Mac joins a very small and exclusive club. I can't remember them all but the CBJ waivers that have been claimed are very few and far between. (Count on one hand?). Heck, this club ran Wrong Pronger thru waiver like 6 times in a year and nobody every made a claim. Think about that........ 29 teams have an opportunity to get you for free 6 different times and everybody passes every time. Ouch!!

Didn't we lose a defensemen last year on waivers? Can't remember who.

Anyway, I hope Mac does well in Toronto. Other than one game he was pretty solid.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Hmf. Was hoping we could keep him in Cleveland, but if he gets playing time in Toronto, all the better for him. Good luck to him.

At first I was like - oh no, don't we kind of want Curtis around for injury insurance?

But then of course, if they're not confident in him, this takes his salary off the books and allows them to acquire a new backup if needed at the deadline.

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
rofl, one of the shortest leashes I've seen to start a season. Why they started the season with him is beyond me if they were going to demote him like that.

Tulipunaruusu*

Apr 27, 2014
Korpisalo is now the only goalie in the system with steel body of work in terms of whether the cassette will hold in tight spots.

LetsGOJackets!!

Mar 23, 2004
Columbus Ohio
Our defense certainly put some pressure on Forsberg last night and honestly he let in a couple soft goals.

Winning streak has me accustomed to winning every night.. don't know if I like this losing thing. LetsGOJackets!!!!

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
Glad for CMac.

Now it's showtime for Forsberg. Korpisalo played well in his stint last season. If Forsberg doesn't come up large in one of his next two starts, I'm going to guess that Korpisalo will be Bob's back up for the remainder of the season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad