Post-Game Talk (GBU): McEichel Bowl "victory"

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
The most ****ed up thing about The Mess and Benoit is they basically rely on their 19yr old partner to have to cover their screw ups. Which does the exact opposite of sheltering those kids.

Exactly. You would think that they both would serve as stabilizing influences on the kid and show him how the game is played correctly as veterans of many NHL wars.

So much for that.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
Exactly. You would think that they both would serve as stabilizing influences on the kid and show him how the game is played correctly as veterans of many NHL wars.

So much for that.

And on top of that the only other options are Weber and Strachan. Both players who need restricted minutes themselves.

Which makes me believe even more than ever they never intended for Zads to be here. Risto can handle for the most part what's being thrown his way. He's just so much farther along developmently than Zads.

But I have concerns with keeping Zads here and the options he has to play with. Last night he gave up on the play leading to the 3 goal. He's very raw and immature. Nothing unusual for a kid his age. But it's maybe not the best environment here for him to work out his inconsistent effort issues and mental mistakes defensively.

EDIT: though Zads confidence in himself and enthusiasm may trump my concerns.

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
And on top of that the only other options are Weber and Strachan. Both players who need restricted minutes themselves.

Which makes me believe even more than ever they never intended for Zads to be here. Risto can handle for the most part what's being thrown his way. He's just so much farther along developmently than Zads.

But I have concerns with keeping Zads here and the options he has to play with. Last night he gave up on the play leading to the 3 goal. He's very raw and immature. Nothing unusual for a kid his age. But it's maybe not the best environment here for him to work out his inconsistent effort issues and mental mistakes defensively.

EDIT: though Zads confidence in himself and enthusiasm may trump my concerns.

Would be nice to see Pysyk get his game together and come up from Rochester to give them another option. As it stands, it's obviously not a great situation.

Revelate

Apr 10, 2011
Would be nice to see Pysyk get his game together and come up from Rochester to give them another option. As it stands, it's obviously not a great situation.

I would have to imagine that with the way Pysyk is playing right now that Ruhwedel would be the next call up.

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
I would have to imagine that with the way Pysyk is playing right now that Ruhwedel would be the next call up.

Pysyk needs to stay positive before he starts hurting his career. I don't blame him though; it has to be frustrating to be better than 5 or 6 of the Sabre Dman who currently have a NHL job.

Pysyk not himself
"I think mentally it's probably been a hard thing for him," Cassidy said. "But you have to play where you're at. We've talked to him.

"He has to show Tim (Murray, the Sabres general manager) that he can help the team win games, and he has to start doing that here."
http://www.democratandchronicle.com/story/hockeyozone/2014/11/08/pysyk-not-himself/18690479/

wunderpanda

Apr 9, 2012
Maybe Pysyk is trying to be as bad as Mez and Benoit, since they were guys Murray liked enough to sign. :D

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $8,351.00