Post-Game Talk (GBU): McEichel Bowl "victory"

ZeroPT*

G-
I really liked Neuvirth's game. He's been solid.
Myers had some nice plays and a couple brainfarts, the former moreso than the latter
I liked Risto alot
Girgs I thought was solid
Regulation loss
Moulson breaking his duck
Stewart had some jump

B-
Nolan thinking Benoit has been good. Oof.
Meszaros is crap
Benoit is crapper
Leino

U-
The thirds
Ben-Mess

jvirk

Oct 31, 2013
Great night for the tank
- Regulation loss
- 2 points for edmonton
- Carolina and Columbus went to OT so both teams got at least a point

Awesome

ZZamboni

Puttin' on the Foil
Sep 25, 2010
Buffalo, NY
G-
67 to go
Seeing RJ and Kelly
Neuvirth
Drawing attention to Hockey Fights Cancer

B-
52 shots

U-
Having as many 1st overalls as Edm. does, and it's still not good enough to have solid winning seasons and the fan base wants another 1st. Misguided energy. I think a solid coaching staff and key veterans could launch their success to many playoff runs for years to come.

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
Having as many 1st overalls as Edm. does, and it's still not good enough to have solid winning seasons and the fan base wants another 1st. Misguided energy. I think a solid coaching staff and key veterans could launch their success to many playoff runs for years to come.

Defense. They need defense badly. Our possession-inept bunch hemmed them into their own zone more than a few times.

I agree that adding a few vets up front will help greatly, but they need loads of help on D.

cardiffgiant

Continue without supporting us
Sep 28, 2005
G:
-My son scored a goal during the mite scrimmage in between the 1st and 2nd and was interviewed. He's just high on life right now.
-"Winning" a "4 point game"

B
-The Mess threw a ridiculously obvious, ridiculously unnecessary cross check
-Benoit is just flat out terrible. If the Sabres wind up with McDavid, and if McDavid brings multiple cups to Buffalo, both Benoits and McDavids numbers should be retired at the same time

U
-This unknown player suspended for unknown off ice reason thing just sounds like it belongs in this section

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
G:
-My son scored a goal during the mite scrimmage in between the 1st and 2nd and was interviewed. He's just high on life right now.

B
-Benoit is just flat out terrible. If the Sabres wind up with McDavid, and if McDavid brings multiple cups to Buffalo, both Benoits and McDavids numbers should be retired at the same time

U
-This unknown player suspended for unknown off ice reason thing just sounds like it belongs in this section

It's a prospect, not a player on the Sabres' current roster.

Gras

Mar 21, 2014
Phoenix
So Ennis got a game misconduct after the final buzzer and may face a suspension.

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
G:

B

U

That's really cool. I'd have rather seen that than the game (only watched the 1st).

SamuraiArt

Balso Par Big John S
Sep 17, 2013
Buffalo
So Ennis got a game misconduct after the final buzzer and may face a suspension.

This is separate from the unnamed suspended "Sabres property" that Murray was talking about on Schopp and the Buldog? What did Ennis do?

mikemcburn

Oct 23, 2013
This is separate from the unnamed suspended "Sabres property" that Murray was talking about on Schopp and the Buldog? What did Ennis do?

Apparently "hit" (aka: looks like he gently tapped, but the video on that link doesn't exactly show it up close?) the ref who called the last offside with 1.7 seconds left.

The link below includes references to which NHL might apply:

40.2 Category I - physical abuse with intent to injure
(auto suspension of not less than 20 games)

40.3 Category II - physical abuse without intent to injure
(auto suspension of not less than 10 games)

40.4 Category III - demeaning or threatening
(auto suspension of not less than 3 games)

http://scoutingtherefs.com/2014/11/5497/sabres-ennis-takes-frustrations-linesman-derek-nansen/

Hoping for only 40.4, only 3 games, if Ennis can argue he was only throwing an object (his stick) toward the official? That assumes he didn't actually touch the ref though and from the video it looks like the ref got Ennis' stick in the hand/wrist area?

Or at most 40.3, only 10 games, bcuz even if Ennis did "deliberately apply physical force in any manner against an official" there's just no way he would have intended to injure the guy!

EDIT: this youtube shows it up pretty close, looks like the ref pulls back sharply from the tap but maybe more in surprise than anything else bcuz Ennis just seems to tap him like players casually tap each other in passing all the time

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zx2BuLiabjE

Last edited:

SamuraiArt

Balso Par Big John S
Sep 17, 2013
Buffalo
Or at most 40.3, only 10 games, bcuz even if Ennis did "deliberately apply physical force in any manner against an official" there's just no way he would have intended to injure the guy!

EDIT: this youtube shows it up pretty close, looks like the ref pulls back sharply from the tap but maybe more in surprise than anything else bcuz Ennis just seems to tap him like players casually tap each other in passing all the time

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zx2BuLiabjE

Looks like a normal end-of-game stick tap. Ennis is just stupid for doing to a ref instead of a team mate. Or maybe getting our top scorer suspended for ten games is just part of Murray's tankpocalypse...:sarcasm:

mikemcburn

Oct 23, 2013
Looks like a normal end-of-game stick tap. Ennis is just stupid for doing to a ref instead of a team mate. Or maybe getting our top scorer suspended for ten games is just part of Murray's tankpocalypse...:sarcasm:

Yep. That's precisely what - and all - it looks like!!

Right up until the ref's immediate reaction, and he did clearly react for some reason, but seemed like such a quickie/casual tap that the reaction could have been one of surprise rather than an actual "ouch". Except then the game misconduct... just an ego-driven ref over nothing or did his hand really get stung or did Ennis say something in addition, give a look, etc.?

Blah.

misterchainsaw

Preparing PHASE TWO!
Nov 3, 2005
Rochester, NY
Yep. That's precisely what - and all - it looks like!!

Right up until the ref's immediate reaction, and he did clearly react for some reason, but seemed like such a quickie/casual tap that the reaction could have been one of surprise rather than an actual "ouch". Except then the game misconduct... just an ego-driven ref over nothing or did his hand really get stung or did Ennis say something in addition, give a look, etc.?

Blah.
Something more clearly passed between the two than just the tap. Ennis was definitely saying something to the ref during the stick tap. It will be interesting to see if anything comes out of this. If he was arguing the call while he tapped the referee, a) it's incredibly stupid, and b) it could easily be a 3 game suspension.

It's indisputably contact with a referee. You can't do that in response to a call, which this seems to be.

Afino

The Juice
Dec 2, 2003
Orchard Park, NY
I bet it was something like "good game, ref!" and the stick tap. Being an *******. Of course, it was completely unnecessary and any punishment would be warranted.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad