GDT: McDrai’s Nugget Minute - WSH @ EDM | 12/5/22 | 5:30p PT

Status
Not open for further replies.

DWGie26

Sponsor
Oct 6, 2019
NOVA
Definitely improvement for AA. Thought he was well positioned tonight. Him and Irwin played really conservative but that is the right move for that pair. Let the top 4 create more offense.

I hope we keep feeding Alexyev games including when Orlov is back. Fever is out for at least two more so AA should get those and longer if Fever is out for a while. When everyone is healthy he is probably 7th.

YippieKaey

How you gonna do hockey like that?
Apr 2, 2012
Stockholm Sweden
Real nice to see a glimpse of Protas offensive game and what he can become in the best of worlds. If he finds that gear as he grows older he's gonna be a good core player for this Caps team going forward.

Also interesting to see Mantha throw like 5 hits this game. My guess is some players have been told they need to step it up in certain aspects or they're gone. Laviolette read the complaints on this board about Manthas lack of physicality and decided to tell him;)

And also nice to see Ovi harassing McD quite a lot. Always love it when Ovi goes into power forward mode.

Empty Goal Net

I don't smell disgusting, musky, and rancid
Feb 13, 2010
This story is from October of this year - not sure if it's been posted previously - Prince Albert Right Now - but it provides a bit of background on Protas' billet family. Earlier in the match, the local feed had shown the kids and some friends and Joe B. I guess mentioned that they had attended the game in Calgary as well. Nice that he could get an apple on the GWG with those guys in attendance!

Reactions: IafrateOvie34

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Only saw the first because I was smoked but thought it was close to their best effort of the season if not the best. Right before I fell asleep I got an alert that Edmonton scored shortly into the second so I figured it’d be one of those nights when they were burned for not scoring when they were playing well so this morning was a nice surprise.

Seems like they saw the BMac presser yesterday :naughty:

Reactions: IafrateOvie34

Cappy76

Sponsor
Sep 1, 2005
London, Kentucky
Why? So ovie can fumble the puck and lose possession that way? The Caps PP as it’s currently setup can’t be successful until the puck gets over to that right side half wall. It’s predictable..and the best player in the world knew how to expose it.
Ovie would have had plenty of time to handle the pass and ring it around the boards to the right side as he does often when a shot isn’t available. It was flat out a dumb decision for Carlson to try and instead pass it through one of the best players in the world with no one to cover behind him.

Reactions: Fred22406Capsfan

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Real nice to see a glimpse of Protas offensive game and what he can become in the best of worlds. If he finds that gear as he grows older he's gonna be a good core player for this Caps team going forward.

Also interesting to see Mantha throw like 5 hits this game. My guess is some players have been told they need to step it up in certain aspects or they're gone. Laviolette read the complaints on this board about Manthas lack of physicality and decided to tell him;)

And also nice to see Ovi harassing McD quite a lot. Always love it when Ovi goes into power forward mode.

More likely Mantha heard about GMBM's comments about him not using his size.

No need to guess about what the message was to all these players. It was loud and clear in the GMBM interview and that was intentional.

DWGie26

Sponsor
Oct 6, 2019
NOVA
Right now we have a spot open (22 roster spots) since Fever was put on IR. Orlov still on IR and I doubt he will play against Philly. May need to bring up Nardella or Johansen. Doubt they would play but we need a 7th dee.

Midnight Judges

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2010
God, he's so bad...I was watching last night and thinking how amazing it was this team won a cup with him as the 1D. The stars truly did align for the cup run.

He was way better back then though. It's been a steady decrease in quality since the cup.

What's odd is that he doesn't appear to be getting beaten due to physical limitations. He's just making dumb mistakes all over the place. Taking bad angles, telegraphing passes, getting caught up ice, miscommunication with other players, etc.

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
Definitely improvement for AA. Thought he was well positioned tonight. Him and Irwin played really conservative but that is the right move for that pair. Let the top 4 create more offense.

I hope we keep feeding Alexyev games including when Orlov is back. Fever is out for at least two more so AA should get those and longer if Fever is out for a while. When everyone is healthy he is probably 7th.
Agreed and I thought Irwin was pretty good also.

Neil Racki

May 2, 2018
Baltimore-ish
Right now we have a spot open (22 roster spots) since Fever was put on IR. Orlov still on IR and I doubt he will play against Philly. May need to bring up Nardella or Johansen. Doubt they would play but we need a 7th dee.
Martin is on IR? Didnt he just get his second goal of the season last game?

The way he throws his yet-to-fill-out body around ... surprised he lasted last season.

JohnCarlsaurus

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
Jan 29, 2009
FL
He was way better back then though. It's been a steady decrease in quality since the cup.

What's odd is that he doesn't appear to be getting beaten due to physical limitations. He's just making dumb mistakes all over the place. Taking bad angles, telegraphing passes, getting caught up ice, miscommunication with other players, etc.
Nah it's definitely both. He's making puzzling decisions and like Ovie, his quickness has dropped off quite a bit. He's fast when he has the time & space to get up to speed but the acceleration doesn't seem to be there anymore and as a result he's often a step or two behind

Drakon

Mar 31, 2014
Hard to ask that a guy make the play and score the goal. He needs a playmaker on the line. He's stuck with 2 possession guys who can't make a nifty pass.
I don't feel like Lavi has put anyone on the team in a position to succeed since he got here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad