The Athletic - Boston McDonald: A list of Bruins most likely to be traded as GMs look to deal

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
You are dead to me.

Seriously, I don’t want them to deal Heinen, but I would move him in the right deal.

I would just move Donato first :laugh:

I like Joe Mac, but was not at all impressed with the article. Apparently, because the Athletic tried to charge me before the trial period was up and I got Apple involved to credit my account, I can still see the articles?

I have read a few and I don’t think I’m missing much.

Basically, why I say Heinen and Miller should be on the list, is because I feel their safe players in which other teams know what their getting.

Heinen although not a first liner can play up and down the line-up as can Miller defensively, which would make them very attractive to other teams.

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
Chara, Moore, and Krecji are all very “touchable” in the trade sense.
He isn't untouchable in the sense that he is far too valuable anymore, but I think for what he has done for the Bruins he has earned it being his choice if he wants to retire a Bruin or not.

Reactions: Pay Carl

Yeti34

Apr 13, 2013
Tampa
Out of all the young fwds we have developing Bjork for me would be the most untouchable. He has gotten exponentially better and is showing some flashes of high end skill.

Reactions: veganbruin

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
He isn't untouchable in the sense that he is far too valuable anymore, but I think for what he has done for the Bruins he has earned it being his choice if he wants to retire a Bruin or not.

I don’t think Chara should be gone, but I cannot stand this “he’s earned it” sentiment regarding a players right to potentially circumvent the natural course of business, meant to improve a team, because of longevity.

It’s pure foolishness.

veganbruin

Sep 20, 2013
Boston, MA
Out of all the young fwds we have developing Bjork for me would be the most untouchable. He has gotten exponentially better and is showing some flashes of high end skill.

Same. He is seriously due and might have the highest ceiling of any of our young forwards. I’m thinking the injuries will force him to click with Krejci and we will have our 2nd line solved.

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
I don’t think Chara should be gone, but I cannot stand this “he’s earned it” sentiment regarding a players right to potentially circumvent the natural course of business, meant to improve a team, because of longevity.

It’s pure foolishness.
He's an exception because he signs one year deals at this point in his career and he's the team captain. Agree or not, but unless he asks out why would you sour that relationship? He also seems like a guy who you'd want in your organization after his playing career too.

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
He's an exception because he signs one year deals at this point in his career and he's the team captain. Agree or not, but unless he asks out why would you sour that relationship? He also seems like a guy who you'd want in your organization after his playing career too.

It’s sort of a nonpoint considering I don’t think he should be traded from this team. Just saying that organizations (sports teams or not) get into trouble constantly when they keep people based on “respect” or some type of past performance. The vast majority of these athletes understand it is a business, in which the overall success of the team is paramount to any sort of individual wants or comfort, no matter who the individual is. Chara would be the first one to understand this I am sure. Too much of a professional to hold a grudge of any sort if that was actually the right move for the team. And I’m sure the organization would handle such a situation with the utmost respect. This isn’t the Harry Sinden/Joe Thornton days.

Anyways, he’s not going anywhere so we don’t have to worry about it.

Reactions: NDiesel

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad