Post-Game Talk: McDavid wants us to get Matthews | Leafs Alone in 30th

Status
Not open for further replies.

rimshot

Jan 10, 2010
North of South Mtn.
Babs should explain why he thought pulling the goalie down 2 was a good idea based off the evidence of the PP tonight.

:shakehead

Maybe to give players without experience in that situation a shot at actually experiencing it. Sort of a learning experience...much like this whole season. Why, did you think they were going to come back with two quick ones ?

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
He isn't better than Crosby yet, only because he doesn't have enough NHL experience. He will be better and I personally think he's the most skilled player ever. There are other players who are probably his equal in vision/IQ/skill, but nobody operates at the same speed as this kid. Everything he does is at a pace much faster than his peers. He's the first player in any sport where I feel the phrase 'on another level' actually applies.

I agree completely... Give him a few more years to develop physically and gain some experience, and wow.

Funk21

Mar 6, 2013
Toronto
TML celebrating 100 years of history, how does the NHL celebrate this:

No Allstar Game
No Draft
No Winter Classic-still to be determined

I can live with all of these but for the love of god please give us Austin Matthews because if EDM wins another draft lottery I am gonna go postal.

Rare Jewel

Patience
Jan 11, 2007
Leaf Land
Maybe to give players without experience in that situation a shot at actually experiencing it. Sort of a learning experience...much like this whole season. Why, did you think they were going to come back with two quick ones ?

No that's the point.

Just take 4-2 and leave.

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
The only cloud on the horizon is it wouldn't surprise me if Babcock even taught this addition of the Leafs how to win. They gave a good effort tonight.

burpsalot

Feb 12, 2015
So, we get Stamkos this year, Tavares in two & McDavid in 6.

Minus McDavid, Oilers are bad.

BayStreetBully

Oct 25, 2007
Toronto
As a fan of hockey, I am a fan of McDavid. I don't care what jersey he's wearing, I want him to smash records. (And then he can play for us in 7-8 years :sarcasm: )

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
just as long as he fawns over the Leafs in 6 years in a Leafs jersey, with a Leafs contract. its all good.

By the time Stamkos 7 year contract expires we will be ready to replace with McDavid. It's all good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad