McDavid vs Malkin on Tuesday

Balance

Jesus loves you!
May 20, 2013
What do you think about the two top point getters on each team facing off against one another? Will McDavid show that he is better than Malkin? Or will Malkin show that he is the proven veteran and that McDavid will never surpass his ATG career?

Tuesday will be exciting

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
Might be exciting it might not. Depends how much edm has in the tank with their 5th in 8 days. I'm honestly expecting them to really struggle, but I hope it's a good gsme :)

PensBandwagonerNo272*

Forgot About Sid
Sep 10, 2012
Should be a relatively easy W for the Pens but it will be a fun one anyway.

Not sure if McDavid career will reach Crosby levels or not, too soon to say, but no doubt the first matchup of two of the best franchise players.

duul

Jun 21, 2010
Pittsburgh is going to run our show, but the first meeting between 87 and 97 will be cool.

doubledown99

May 21, 2009
McDavid vs Malkin eh....not bad. More looking forward to Crosby vs McDavid :)

I expect the Pens to win. They absolutely dominated us last year. There team speed was frightening. Even when they were on the PK they (Pens) just seemed to be everywhere.

Still 87 vs 97 will be fun to watch. Hope Talbot can steal us one.

Pointteen

Jun 9, 2008
New Brunswick

Not sure if McDavid career will reach Crosby levels or not, too soon to say, but no doubt the first matchup of two of the best franchise players.

I don't disagree with the Pens' chance of winning, but what makes you say relatively easy?
I can think of a dozen reasons, but I am curious about the other side of view.

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
I expect the Pens to wreck the Oilers the same way the Caps did. Oh wait

Draw Me a McElephant

Mar 9, 2011
I really hope the Pens are willing to put Malkin or Crosby out there against McDavid and trade chances. McDavid has spent the last few games being "shadowed" (relentlessly interfered with) by the other team's top checkers, it would be nice to see him go head to head with other offensive guys.

Ninety7

go oil go
Jun 19, 2010
Canada

Edmonton is tied for 3rd in the league with Pittsburgh right behind at 4th. Should be a good game. Not sure why it'd be "relatively easy" for the pens.

PensBandwagonerNo272*

Forgot About Sid
Sep 10, 2012
Edmonton is tied for 3rd in the league with Pittsburgh right behind at 4th. Should be a good game. Not sure why it'd be "relatively easy" for the pens.

Bad match-up for Edmonton. Especially if they take penalties. Our offense will roll over that defense.

Not to mention the standings don't mean **** one month into the season.

hockeyes

Jun 15, 2013
I'm pretty sure Malkin and Crosby can both blow McDavid's skates off at this point in their respective careers.

Pointteen

Jun 9, 2008
New Brunswick
Bad match-up for Edmonton. Especially if they take penalties. Our offense will roll over that defense.

Yeah, our D is doomed if Russell is still out.
The penalties thing is meh, the Oilers have one of the best penalty kills in the league. But that relied a lot on Russell.
Yeah, the standings don't. But the team is substantially improved. They play for each other. If a team like this is winning with McDavid only producing a point every second game right now, something's gotta give.

Don't count the Oilers out before you guys win. Especially if McDavid plays the way we know he can.

I'm not looking forward to that much speed though.

wgknestrick

Aug 14, 2012
EDM is scary as S to me. Not looking forward to this game (as a PIT fan), especially if Sully plays our backup against those boys. If Murray plays, then PIT should be favored slightly. It's going to be a great game either way.

Maatta is going to have a tough time against EDM's speedy forwards.

Ninety7

go oil go
Jun 19, 2010
Canada

Based on what? We have a top 5 PK in the league. Or does that not matter one month into the season?

xxxx

Sep 20, 2012
correction, it's McDavid vs Crosby ;) but yeah it will be super-interesting just for the fact these three will be together for the first time

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
This seems to be a huge disappointment in the making tbh. Crosby vs McDavid is so hyped that I kinda think both will be held pointless. I think if either get any points, they'll end up with an assist or two and that's it. Letang vs McDavid will be an extremely interesting matchup though, there aren't many defenseman who can both shut down McDavid and also keep up with his skating like Letang can.

PensBandwagonerNo272*

Forgot About Sid
Sep 10, 2012
This seems to be a huge disappointment in the making tbh. Crosby vs McDavid is so hyped that I kinda think both will be held pointless. I think if either get any points, they'll end up with an assist or two and that's it. Letang vs McDavid will be an extremely interesting matchup though, there aren't many defenseman who can both shut down McDavid and also keep up with his skating like Letang can.

Sooooo hyped up. And then they scheduled it on election night so no ones going to watch it. :laugh: ;)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad