Mcdavid, Ovi, or current stars in the clutch and grab era?

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Wayne was also ages 35-39 in the clutch and grab era and him.falling off is back to back 90+ point seasons at 37-38.

I was gonna say ... I'm pretty sure age and wear and tear on the body had more to do with Gretzky's stats going down than the era itself.

The guy finished with over 90 points as a 37 year old when guys in their prime like Forsberg were producing roughly the same number of points.

Reactions: Wrath

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
-Because Mcdavid is all about straight line end to end speed, and Ovi has about a rifle for a shot. They are 2 of the best players in the league, but the question was, what would they do in the clutch and grab era. Or other top players in the league in that era.

McDavid can change directions, handle the puck, make plays, stop and start, at top speed better than anyone, including Bure. Only thing Bure compares to McDavid in is acceleration and agility but even then I give McDavid the edge.

McFlash97

Oct 10, 2017
-Wayne stats fell off a cliff in the clutch and grab era. How would todays stars do in this era, could they do this? Mcdavid doesnt have Russian Rocket speed, what would Mcdavid do?

:lol:, McDavid is faster, has better acceleration, has better hockey IQ , is a faster stickhandler... should I just keep going. Bure had better in close dekes. Thats it. McDavid is everything Bure was except faster.

and for Gretzky, He didn't fall of a cliff. He was top 3 in scoring in his second last season in the NHL in the dead puck era. He lost a bit when Suter hit him and he aged.

PenguinSpeed

Oct 4, 2017
:lol:, McDavid is faster, has better acceleration, has better hockey IQ , is a faster stickhandler... should I just keep going. Bure had better in close dekes. Thats it. McDavid is everything Bure was except faster.

-Except lost the league vote and fan vote to the Rocket

Fantomas

Aug 7, 2012
McDavid fanboys need to chill and open up the hockey history books. Many great skaters there in more than 100 years worth of hockey.

Although a great player, there is nothing about him we've never seen before.

PenguinSpeed

Oct 4, 2017
McDavid fanboys need to chill and open up the hockey history books. Many great skaters there in more than 100 years worth of hockey.

Although a great player, there is nothing about him we've never seen before.

-Ive yet to see a video that puts Mcdavid anywhere near the Rocket. Still waiting

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
If Bure was a career leaf or Canadian or a team with that size fanbase this place would implode over this arguement. The fact that his prime years were Vancouver he is never going to get a backing over McJesus

Future GOAT

Apr 4, 2017
McDavid is faster than Bure. Decent troll thread though. I could probably give it a 6/10. It'll flame some people.

PenguinSpeed

Oct 4, 2017
If Bure was a career leaf or Canadian or a team with that size fanbase this place would implode over this arguement. The fact that his prime years were Vancouver he is never going to get a backing over McJesus

-Well, the only people even defending it are Oilers fans. Maybe in our lifetime the Oilers will make the playoffs again

Reactions: mikeyp24

GeeoffBrown

Jul 6, 2007
I think seeing Ovi in the dead puck would be awesome. Think of all the times Peter Forsberg scored with someone dangling from his back and now multiply that by 2 because Ovi's a much better goalscorer.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad