McDavid or Eberle

McGoMcD

Aug 14, 2005
Edmonton, AB
Too hard to even pick. Both were sick.

I voted Eberle, but just because I was at the game and sitting front row just beside the oilers bench.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Connor can basically do this every 5-7 games ... he already basically did the same move versus Calgary but Hiller got bailed out by flopping around like a fish.

This is nothing special for him, these are types of goals he's capable of scoring now and again.

rosemount289

Feb 12, 2008
I have to ...............???

Degree of difficulty - McDavid. By quite a bit. Much quicker stick movement.

I have to agree..........Connor had to beat two defencemen and not lose control of puck while making his move between two defenders.........Jordan just had to deke one defender.

Jephman

Jun 1, 2010
Eberle. Both are tremendous circumstances and both are amazing, but that backhand deke was beautiful.

But perhaps it's because we've nearly seen three of these types of goals from McDavid that his goal seems less impressive. He makes the exceptional seem so normal. It won't be the last highlight reel goal we see from this kid.

harpoon

Dec 23, 2005
Eberle. McDavid himself said he got lucky (when the puck squirted through the d-men). Eberle executed exactly what he wanted to do.

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
Eberle. McDavid himself said he got lucky (when the puck squirted through the d-men). Eberle executed exactly what he wanted to do.

I think he's being pretty modest actually. He'll have a lot of those "lucky" type goals in his career... and not surprisingly, less talented players won't be able to pull off many of those types of highlight reel goals either.

As someone else suggested... he looked a bit like Neo from the Matrix... everyone else was stuck at normal speed while he stepped into another dimension where he was going twice the speed of everyone else and no one could respond or act fast enough to what he was doing on the ice. :)

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
I think he's being pretty modest actually. He'll have a lot of those "lucky" type goals in his career... and not surprisingly, less talented players won't be able to pull off many of those types of highlight reel goals either.

As someone else suggested... he looked a bit like Neo from the Matrix... everyone else was stuck at normal speed while he stepped into another dimension where he was going twice the speed of everyone else and no one could respond or act fast enough to what he was doing on the ice. :)

Thats a great description of what happened. I was in a state of disbelief that he still had the puck on his stick.

Granted the Columbus dmen played that horribly bad.

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
Ebs scored the best first goal in the history of the sport. So he wins. But overall mcdavid wins.

insider

Nov 14, 2003
McDavid's was better solo, but if you take into account that sweet Vandermeer pass...

Aerrol

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Sep 18, 2014
Saw the title at first and went WHAT?!. Upon consideration though, it is a pretty tough choice. Both were phenomenal. Went with Ebs in consideration of the circumstances (as already discussed) - shorthanded, first game, versus the Flames... Skill wise, I think McDavid's is more impressive though.

Young Lions*

May 27, 2015
My vote is for Eberle's goal, but I think McDavid's finish was better.

I think my favourite part of the McDavid goal is the crowd noise when he splits the D before he tucks it in. Like 19,000 gasps of astonishment.

Jepprey

Creeper
May 25, 2006
My vote is for Eberle's goal, but I think McDavid's finish was better.

I think my favourite part of the McDavid goal is the crowd noise when he splits the D before he tucks it in. Like 19,000 gasps of astonishment.

so many people held their hands to their head to keep it from exploding. lol.

slaman

McOilers Fan
Oct 22, 2010
Toronto
Ebs wins it for me... first game, short-handed, against Kipper, against Calgary in the first meeting of the season... ridiculous toe-drag and so butter smooth exactly as intended.

McDavid's required more skill, no doubt about it - the Neo comparison is bang-on.

Mc5RingsAndABeer

5-14-6-1
May 25, 2011
Saw the title at first and went WHAT?!. Upon consideration though, it is a pretty tough choice. Both were phenomenal. Went with Ebs in consideration of the circumstances (as already discussed) - shorthanded, first game, versus the Flames... Skill wise, I think McDavid's is more impressive though.

My thoughts exactly as well

BlowbyBlow

Jan 22, 2011
I have to agree..........Connor had to beat two defencemen and not lose control of puck while making his move between two defenders.........Jordan just had to deke one defender.

we're going to see a lot of stuff by Connor that he makes look to simple, I mean for all intents and purposes when we see a lot of spectacular goals the defenders don't look foolish Connor like Lemieux can do that.

Connor is so much like Lemieux with that elusiveness, they make hard/impossible plays look easy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad