McDavid or Eberle

booyakasha

Oct 11, 2007
Edmonton, AB
Thought this was a funny interview segment on TSN, when Rishaug asked asked who had the nicer goal...Eberle's 1st or McDavids last night.

I would say Ebs, as it was his first game, and it was short handed against a better team and Kipper, of all goalies.

so what say you?

Last edited by a moderator:

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Eberle's toe-drag and finish were filthy, but I still probably go with McDavid's. The way he was able to pull off that move around the Dman while learning into Johnson was just insane. McDavid's finish was also better. I will never get tired of watching how fast his hands move when he's all alone on the goalie. I don't know if theres many or even any players who can pull that move off as fast, effective, and consistently as McDavid.

McWeber

Mouthbreather
Jul 14, 2015
Lethbridge
Eberle's goal is better. The best part about Connor's goal is the fact that it may not even be anything special. This is game 14 and hes returning from injury, the best is yet to come. 3 on 3, shootout etc etc. Imagine we get a D man or two that can get the puck out to Mcdavid on a regular basis. Its going to be hard for Chia to **** this team up.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton

Here are the two goals since the OP didn't include them.

Tough to decide. I agree with The Nuge that McDavid's goal was more impressive. The speed that he pulled it off is something that maybe no one else in the league can do.

While Eberle's goal was just a toe drag, the fact that it was his first ever game, and the first game of the season against the Flames, and at such a key time of the game....

McDavid's goal was better. Eberle's goal was more exhilarating as a fan (I was at that game, and I still remember how nuts it was). Most of that is just circumstance though. First game of the year and career against bitter rivals vs 14th game of career in the middle of another lost season against the Blue Jackets.

Philly85*

I Ain't Even Mad
Mar 28, 2009
I think you have to go Eberle's but it's basically up to personal preference because the dangles McJesus put on were simply incredible, even if he "just" finished with his forhand lol.

BlackDogg

perpetuum defectum
Oct 3, 2015
Degree of difficulty - McDavid. By quite a bit. Much quicker stick movement.

BoldNewLettuce

Esquire
Dec 21, 2008
Canada
I went with Ebs.

It was a great goal and classic Ebs dekes and finish.

I still don't understand how McDavid's goal happened.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Not to get too far off topic, but there's no way Miikka Kiprusoff is a hall of fame goalie is there?

Valid question. He was a Vezina winner but his body of work is probably not at an HOF level.

Hell of a goalie though.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
What happened to "That" Eberle? Sure would be nice if he was on this team.

Injuries.

Thats why it would be foolish to give up on the player.

Happened to Hall last season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad