McDavid named 1st star of October, Weber 2nd and Marchessault 3rd

Montreal Shadow

Feb 18, 2008
Montreal
Agree or disagree?

I personally disagree. He was held scoreless in his last game. He only has a two point lead over Shea Weber and the latter is a defenseman. His team is also lower in the standings. Shea Weber is the best skater and leading scorer as a defenseman on a team that has yet to lose in regulation.

Dubnyk just posted 3 shutouts in a row.

If October had ended last week, yeah, I would have given him the first star.

Weber and Jonathan Marchessault are second and third respectively.

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
I thought Anderson was first star?

Edit: That was of the week.

Eh, McDavid is on an insane pace. Weber should be 2nd, and if it wasn't so rare to see someone dominate like McDavid then Weber would be first. Of course it's hard to argue against a guy getting 3 shut outs in a row and a guy many thought was at best a 4th liner challenging the league in points.

So really, no matter what there is no good answer here, and someone will disagree.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
He generates a scoring chance every time he has a shift.

Ed27

Dec 20, 2015
A tad surprised that Dubnyk's 3 s/o's in a row count for nothing :naughty:

Well fine then. Let's move on with this.

karnige

Real Life FTL
Oct 18, 2006
eh mcdavid is the future. he is still leading the league. I thought dubs or Webber also but it doesn't mean much anyways

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
The NHL proved that if anything is close they will give defer to the new face of the league, McDavid, when he beat out Ghost for Rookie of the Month in a month where Ghost had a point in like every game and broke several rookie defensemen records. I think it was February of 2015.

Diamondillium

DO YOU WANT ANTS!?
Aug 22, 2011
Edmonton, AB
The NHL proved that if anything is close they will give defer to the new face of the league, McDavid, when he beat out Ghost for Rookie of the Year in a month where Ghost had a point in like every game and broke several rookie defensemen records.

Yeah, but he was a Ghost every time I watched him.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Weber's start is nothing more then a Hot start. He's gonna come down to earth eventually.

McDavid was the better player, AND it wasn't even a matter of a hot start. He easily could and probably should have more points and an even bigger impact on the Oilers game then what he already has.

McDavid definitely deserves the Accolade.

GMofOilers

Oct 15, 2007
Mountains
Might as well get used to it. Hes going to do things players havent done for a long time in this league this year.

Wouldnt be surprised if hes not the first star every month.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
McDavid is clearly the engine of his team.

Is Weber the main guy on his team, or is it Price?

Sometimes competition on your own team matters for these kinds of things.

xxsciroccoxx

Dec 17, 2010
Weber's start is nothing more then a Hot start. He's gonna come down to earth eventually.

McDavid was the better player, AND it wasn't even a matter of a hot start. He easily could and probably should have more points and an even bigger impact on the Oilers game then what he already has.

Look at this guy, fortune teller! :handclap::laugh:

THall4

Feb 25, 2014
Edmonton, AB

If Eberle and Lucic could actually finish on 50% of the chances McDavid generates for them...Connor could have like 20 points right now.

Highmarker

Oct 31, 2011
The thing with Mcdavid is he should really have more points than he does. If the Oilers power play can ever get going he's going to run away with the scoring lead. Only 3 of his 12 points have come on the PP thus far.

doorbag

Jun 26, 2008
It's awarded to the best player of the month so it seems appropriate that McDavid gets it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad