• McDavid 17-18

Votes: 22 16.3%
  • Kucherov 18-19

Votes: 113 83.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mar 26, 2010
Kucherov last year, this year and moving forward. Easily.

GlitchMarner

Typical malevolent, devious & vile Maple Leafs fan
Jul 21, 2017
Brampton, ON
Yes, WAY better. Tampa made a run in the playoffs and Edmonton missed the playoffs. Kucherov is the better player. I don’t care about personal stats...8 points more than Kuch last year, who cares.

I want to win. I don’t care about winning polls on HFboards.... give me a Cup.

lol... the fact that his team was better doesn't mean he was better. McDavid was +20 on a terrible team and his ES production was amazing, especially considering the team he played on. He won the Ted Lindsay Award for a reason.

That said, Kucherov this season may very well end up having a better season than McDavid had last season and he's the best player in the League this season.

If McDavid was on TOR, you would be signing his praises. If Kuch is better than McDavid, then he's easily better than anyone our team has as well.

bobbyking

May 29, 2018
Kucherov is gonna be another player to have a better peak season then Sidney. This season will probably be better then sids 2006 season.(injuries obviously played a major role in this)
I wonder how history will treat sid
So the best post lockout seasons are almost all european. Kucherov malkin ovi jagr Thornton and sids sophmore

Mar 26, 2010
lol... the fact that his team was better doesn't mean he was better. McDavid was +20 on a terrible team and his ES production was amazing, especially considering the team he played on. He won the Ted Lindsay Award for a reason.

That said, Kucherov this season may very well end up having a better season than McDavid had last season and he's the best player in the League this season.

If McDavid was on TOR, you would be signing his praises. If Kuch is better than McDavid, then he's easily better than anyone our team has as well.
Kucherov is better than everyone we have on the Leafs, and way better at that. Let me ask you what Toronto player you think is better?

Mar 26, 2010
I don't think anyone on TOR is better.
Agree. Not even close.

We have a very overrated team, that is likely going nowhere. Lol

We will see I guess. I fully expect to get bounced in the first round, anything more than 4 games is a bonus.

Brucelenok

Aug 9, 2016
People who are saying "put McDavid on this Tampa Bay team and it would be different" have to realize that the coaches wouldn't play him as much in Tampa as he is playing right now in Edmonton. Tampa is soo deep, they have Stamkos and Point on center positions that I doubt he would be play as much as he has been playing in Edmonton. Surely we can all speculate but I doubt he would score 140+ points a season as many people believe in here

binop7

Jul 4, 2011
if McDavid had a supporting cast of Stamkos, Point, Hedman, McD, Vasy, etc.... McDavid would have got 150 points
Ifs and buts. He'd be deployed differently, have less minutes and his shot is far worse than Kucherovs.

daver

Apr 4, 2003
Visit site
It is getting close to the point where Kucherov has already made his claim for the Hart this year regardless of what happens from now until the end of the season including McDavid going on a run after his team is done for the year.

The same can be said about which season was better.

I think McDavid's 16/17 season would be a better comparison.

amnesiac

Space Oddity
Jul 10, 2010
Montreal
Would you have said the same thing in 16/17? Except replace McDavid with Kucherov and Kucherov for McDavid.

maybe, I dont know... Im looking at the teams and players today. I have no bias in this debate, all I know is playing the best team in he league has its advantages.

daver

Apr 4, 2003
Visit site
maybe, I dont know... Im looking at the teams and players today. I have no bias in this debate, all I know is playing the best team in he league has its advantages.

I don't see any evidence that backs up this assertion though. Look at the very best offensive players over the last 30 years and try to find concrete examples of a generational, or an era-best, player whose production was clearly inflated or held back by the quality of their team.

OV? Nope
Crosby? Nope
Jagr? Nope
Sakic?
Mario?
Wayne?

You can probably make the better argument that production perhaps is inflated the worse a team is.

amnesiac

Space Oddity
Jul 10, 2010
Montreal
I don't see any evidence that backs up this assertion though. Look at the very best offensive players over the last 30 years and try to find concrete examples of a generational, or an era-best, player whose production was clearly inflated or held back by the quality of their team.

OV? Nope
Crosby? Nope
Jagr? Nope
Sakic?
Mario?
Wayne?

You can probably make the better argument that production perhaps is inflated the worse a team is.
All those players were on significantly better team than the present Oilers, except for the mid-late 80s Pens, and I believe the 05-06 Pens.

I think Kucherov would still be a top 5 scorer regardless.... this argument is about McDavid's point totals if he played for TB, and yes, he would have more points, imo.

Run a poll if you like.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad