Post-Game Talk: McDavid Kills Habs - Edmonton Wins 4th Straight Against Habs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Takeru

Oct 6, 2014
And everybody forget this play of the year candidate because of the loss

Oh trust me it hasn't been forgotten. That play was truly amazing, could barely believe my own eyes. Those two consecutive puck touches in midair were a beauty. :handclap:

...as any good coach would do when his players are not following his game plan...or even talk to them on the bench...or even show emotion...or not make stupid comments after the game that didn't at all explain what happened...but, you know, Therrien... :facepalm:

Why Therrien didn't use his timeout after they went 3-2 was puzzling. Like he was saving it in case they tied the score. Doesn't he think using it could've maybe prevented us from getting there? Ever heard of being proactive? And even at 3-3 he didn't use it iirc. This passivity he has sometimes is frankly puzzling.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
I don't think the problem is the lines. It's the way we played after we got the lead.

In the first 7 games this season the Habs kept up a relentless forecheck and kept attacking teams even when they had the lead and we were all shocked at what we were seeing from MT. Last night in the 2nd and 3rd periods looked like the passive Habs from the past 2 seasons. They stopped playing after the 1st and it cost them the game.

Nynja*

The saddest part is two nights ago the habs saw the canucks take a 3-0 lead and it looked like they mailed it in while vancouver kept attacking.

Last night they took a 3-0 lead over edmonton, and mailed it in, allowing edmonton to come back and win.

Thats on the coach.

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
Boucher_Is_Coming.png

...one can dream...:cry:

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
We played about 5 "good games" this season. I too wanted to believe we had turned a corner, but we've been playing like crap since our win against the Blues.

McClane

Mar 11, 2015
You guys really are an emotional roller coaster. Two losses and all is gloom and doom.

Nynja*

You guys really are an emotional roller coaster. Two losses and all is gloom and doom.

Its not "two losses"
its one ****** loss mostly from absolute garbage puck luck, which led to MT doing MT things and making absurd decisions (scratching Semin and putting a fourth liner with Chucky), which led to another loss where we had a 3-0 lead, then completely sat back while the oilers tied it up and then had the teachers pet make a charmin soft play to cause the loss.

Mario le Magnifique

Habs apologist, closet Pens fan
Dec 6, 2007
My basement
Just play those lines:
Pleks with Pacioretty and Semin
Galchy with Eller and Gallagher.

Is it too much to ask?

Yes !

BUt our third line still has DD on it at center and yesterday was a grotesque caricature of what DD can do bad in the D zone... Soft as butter.

I like the offense the third line brings but please MT stop using DD in the dieing minutes of a game when tied or protecting a lead.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
Bryan Flynn on the 2nd line :laugh::laugh: Bergevin and Therrien have to be messing with us, they have to be. This makes no damn sense at all.

Poor Galchenyuk. He finally gets to play centre, looks great doing it and gets Eller and Flynn as his wingers.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Bryan Flynn on the 2nd line :laugh::laugh: Bergevin and Therrien have to be messing with us, they have to be. This makes no damn sense at all.

Poor Galchenyuk. He finally gets to play centre, looks great doing it and gets Eller and Flynn as his wingers.

You did not get the memo. Flynn is skilled. Underrated ...

PavelBrendl

Jul 9, 2013
DD getting rubbed out by maybe the softest player in the NHL to cough up a game-winner. I've actually liked him on the line with Flash and Weise most of this season, but that **** is not acceptable.

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office

...no, it's not Doom & Gloom, it's the fact that it is more of the same that has people worried...after a fantastic start in which we won 9 games to start the season (4 of which we had no business winning, other than good puck luck and the reigning League MVP in our net), we're reverting to the same team as last year...and the year before that...and when, due to the lack of viable wingers and splitting sheltered O-zone starts with our new "3rd line", Chucky is pulled from his Top 6 centre position because Therrien says "he is not ready" and everyone's favorite pet is reattached to the hip of Pacioretty, what then??...Tinordi and Pateryn are rotting in the pressbox so Emelin & Gilbert can get faaaaar too much ice time (especially Emelin, who should never play 20+ minutes in a game unless it's an Oldtimer's Pick-up game...and even then, it's too much)...Price is again simply relied upon to be superhuman every night in order for us to even be remotely in games...what's changed??... :dunno:

Teufelsdreck

Sep 17, 2005
The bubble has burst. Be grateful for the 9-game streak. It will come in handy when the Habs compete for a seeding in the playoffs. East teams scrambling for ny spot in the playoffs will wish they adn't fallen to th Habs earlyon.

Bryson

#EugeneMolson
Jun 25, 2008
BTW i missed to very end of last game and i missed that 4th goal anyone has a video of it I want to see the infamous soft play.

NHL.com always has highlights of the game. Either that or youtube.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012

That's why the guy with the best HF name has to be "Bipolar Habsfan". Classic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad