Post-Game Talk: McDavid Kills Habs - Edmonton Wins 4th Straight Against Habs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
Trade Beaulieu (or Emelin, if someone wants him at his salary), get Pateryn in. We need some serious defensive play, and physicality. Beaulieu is a good trading chip to get a decent 2nd line winger.

I don't think we should trade Bo, but we should definitely get Tinner and Pateryn in the lineup on the bottom pairing for a game or two.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
he said that postgame? for real?

Uk2Pcqt.gif

Yes he did..

It's very difficult to accept... We started playing fancy, losing pucks -Michel Therrien #RDSCH

shawdowmaker

Dec 20, 2011
Montreal
Removing Semin from the second line is like saying to the other coach that that's the real third line.

It really makes the Habs a worstbteam because you remove a lot of the respect defensively that you have to give to the team.

Plus the Oilers like the lightening last year are one of the worst match up in the league for the Habs.

One thing offensive talent does better than anything is know how to break up a good system with skills alone. It really is a bad match up for the Habs that do lives and win with their structure.

I'm not worried, the system will look really good against other team but please put Semin back on the second line.

I have to disagree with you!! Oilers looked like a Jr. Team for the most part we basically played down to their level in the 3rd. Lost focus and intensity combined with bad coaching. They stole it from us hockey gods had other plans. Good for them. It sucks but it's ok. Games I really hate... when my team (Habs) get dominated. I like to know my team is better. So for that theirs no dought in my mind that the habs are the better team.

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
If you can get a good and not too old second line winger with a good contract then why not?

Because we don't know what we have behind him. Until Tinordi or someone else can prove the left side of the 3rd pairing won't be a complete gong show, it would be foolish to move him.

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
Because we don't know what we have behind him. Until Tinordi or someone else can prove the left side of the 3rd pairing won't be a complete gong show, it would be foolish to move him.

...Therrien actually has to give Tinordi a shot first, which he hasn't been willing to do for any length of time over the last two years...and moving Beaulieu would be foolish anyways; he's probably going to be depended on to be Markov's replacement in the not-too-distant future...

MasterDecoy

Who took my beer?
May 4, 2010
Beijing
As it ever occurred to this boatd's brain trust that maybe the players themselves decided to sit back against therrien's advice?

Players are humans, not ai controlled automatons

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
I wonder if Ramsey was scratching his head last night when MT or JJD threw Weise out there on the PP with Galchenyuk and DD.

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
As it ever occurred to this boatd's brain trust that maybe the players themselves decided to sit back against therrien's advice?

Players are humans, not ai controlled automatons

Usually when that happens you call a timeout.

...as any good coach would do when his players are not following his game plan...or even talk to them on the bench...or even show emotion...or not make stupid comments after the game that didn't at all explain what happened...but, you know, Therrien... :facepalm:

Compile

Feb 27, 2008
In an Igloo
DD plays his heart out but your point is valid....Habs are not a contender with him eating vital minutes

Ya, he does not.
That shift. He was not tired. He wasn't pressured so he lackadaisical and haphazardly skates to retrieve the puck.

Guys with heart give 110% every shift of every game. There are only 2 guys on this team that have heart. Carey Price and Brendan Gallagher. No matter the score they do NOT give up on any puck at any time.

You guys are still blinded by the love story that is David Desharnais.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
Can't lose a game you're leading 3-0. I don't care how it happened, it just can't happen. I hope this team is bagged skated to near death today, don't care if they play tonight.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
Can't lose a game you're leading 3-0. I don't care how it happened, it just can't happen. I hope this team is bagged skated to near death today, don't care if they play tonight.

What punishment should MT also incur for some of his decisions which helped contribute to last nights loss? I didn't see any in game adjustments from him in the 2nd or 3rd period while the game was slipping away from his team.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Just play those lines:
Pleks with Pacioretty and Semin
Galchy with Eller and Gallagher.

Is it too much to ask?

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
The Habs led 3-0 and sat back because they were instructed to do so. The second and third period team bared no resemblance to the first. The guys gave Edmonton everything in those last 2 periods and that lies squarely on the coach.

expy

Nov 2, 2010
If DD isn't gone this year, maybe we will have an actual chance next year when we can bring up McCarron and have him center a line. Don't see us winning a cup with such a small, slow, and defensively challenged player like DD.

Takeru

Oct 6, 2014
Habs are not as good as the 9-0 start. I would be hard pressed to truly believe they are much better than last year.

Well it's not much of a surprise. During our streak, we beat Basement-teams (Tor X 2, Buf), non-playoffs teams (Bos, Ott), teams that we're mightily struggling at the time we faced them (Pit, Det), and then two good teams (NYR, STL).

We've made the most out of a favorable schedule, doesn't take away those how good we played during those wins, but the road was for the most part easy.

Now teams have adjusted to our new style of play, and we'll need to make adjustments in return. Therrien has gotten some criticism on his ability to adjust in the past, how he does moving forward will be interesting to see.

So far, taking out Semin in favor of Byron didn't seem to help much. The team didn't grow a top 6 player over summer, filling the top 6 with more grinders isn't gonna help. As some have mentionned, you don't break a 31 y/o player that just had his contract bought out. No amount of scratching will ever change how Semin plays, so either you decide he's your best option or just remove him from the picture.

If we had someone who could do better than Semin, that player would already be playing in his spot.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
The Habs led 3-0 and sat back because they were instructed to do so. The second and third period team bared no resemblance to the first. The guys gave Edmonton everything in those last 2 periods and that lies squarely on the coach.

I'm not sure how much is on the coach, however, they did stop playing from the 2nd period and in the third, the Oilers showed just how much firepower they have and how lethal it can be. Maybe the Habs underestimated them and if so, this will serve as a reminder that anyone can win in this league, esp. if you take your foot off the pedal.

Habs178

Sep 22, 2007
Ontario
Well I was at that gong show they called a game last night.
DD seriously needs to go. I don't care how awesome he looked in the first 9 games, he just needs out.
Gilbert is a waste of space, and I honestly think replacing him will help Beaulieu.
Pricey hasn't been very Price-like since Toronto. But I don't put the losses on him.
Galchy....he needs to seriously stop with the dipsy doodly ****. It doesn't work. Has no one told him?
I didn't mind Flynn on the second, and only because he took some key faceoffs and won.
DD and Wezzy do not belong on the PP. EVER!
Watching Mc****sticks get robbed of the puck and knocked on his ass a few times was fun. Living in Edmonton I'm sick of hearing about him. I get it. He's sensational. But stop throat gagging me with it.

I'm starting to seriously hate Edmonton and their fans. ******** lottery winning losers. Rant over.

Hope Of Glory

May 24, 2009
North Shore
Just play those lines:
Pleks with Pacioretty and Semin
Galchy with Eller and Gallagher.

Is it too much to ask?

Yes, please. Those look like really balanced lines. The first line would maybe lack a "retriever" but it's still better than what we have now.

As much as I like Eller, he can't be the 2nd best offensive element on a 2nd line. Putting Flynn there was ridiculous. At least try someone with a little potential, like DSP. That just made no sens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad