Post-Game Talk: McDavid Kills Habs - Edmonton Wins 4th Straight Against Habs

Status
Not open for further replies.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
I'm not sure how much is on the coach, however, they did stop playing from the 2nd period and in the third, the Oilers showed just how much firepower they have and how lethal it can be. Maybe the Habs underestimated them and if so, this will serve as a reminder that anyone can win in this league, esp. if you take your foot off the pedal.

The Oilers were dead in the water with very little confidence(young nervous players) Therrien should have called time out after the second goal( he is allergic to the timeout call) and settled the guys down and things would have been fine. He cannot adapt when things get challenging, he is not a strategist, he is a caveman.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
BTW i missed to very end of last game and i missed that 4th goal anyone has a video of it I want to see the infamous soft play.

This is the shortest footage I could find. I tried to turn into a gif, but was unable. Anyone?

Cue it up at 1:22. You'll see how DD has what looks like a two stride lead over RNH, before the latter catches up to him in the corner and easily has DD coughing the puck.

Video is contained here: http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/game-11-lessons-canadiens-humbled-in-stunning-loss-to-oilers/

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
te757.gif

Takeru

Oct 6, 2014
The Oilers were dead in the water with very little confidence(young nervous players) Therrien should have called time out after the second goal( he is allergic to the timeout call) and settled the guys down and things would have been fine. He cannot adapt when things get challenging, he is not a strategist, he is a caveman.

It's like he was anticipating they were gonna tie the game and saved his time out in case he needed it at that point. How about being a little proactive so that, say, we don't let them tie the game in the first place.

Here's a view from another angle:

te7ht.gif

Absolutely disgusting. He just surrenders, stop skating altogether and gets lightly shoved aside by one of the softest player of the league.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Absolutely disgusting. He just surrenders, stop skating altogether and gets lightly shoved aside by one of the softest player of the league.

Exactly that. We can't even talk about out-muscling, he was gently taken out of the play with little resistance. Embarassing.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
That's an embarrassment. Your team blew a 3 goal lead and that's the effort you give? If that was literally anyone else on this team, they'd be benched.

Why the **** are we always inverting our D it's ********.
MB spent 3 fn years getting a proper balance only to have us voluntarily play on our wrong side in an effort to spur offense. Both the PooPoo goal (PK) and this piece of **** goal (Emelin) show poor D coverage by players on their wrong side. :help:

expy

Nov 2, 2010
Why the **** are we always inverting our D it's ********.
MB spent 3 fn years getting a proper balance only to have us voluntarily play on our wrong side in an effort to spur offense. Both the PooPoo goal (PK) and this piece of **** goal (Emelin) show poor D coverage by players on their wrong side. :help:

Well, inverting DD gives you DD... You start with suck, and you finish with suck. :help:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad