McDavid Injury Thread

GodPucker

Sep 27, 2017
Nugent-Hopkins says initial X rays were good news, but a closer look will be taken tomorrow with an MRI

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton

Contusion? Bone bruise? Knee?
Cam Neely has his career derailed by calcification which can happen from contusions.

Feb 9, 2013
Several years ago i fell with all my weight on my shin ... on the corner of a cement step (I was intoxicated ;) ). I thought i broke my shin, but it was only bruised. It hurt like heck, and it was in the same area as Conner's injury. I still have a dent in my shin ... it didn't bruise for days. In the end I was ok ... my point, it hurt enough that I really thought I broke my shin. Here's hoping Connor is ok.

North

Jun 25, 2009
It's probably not the knees, I hope. Based on the video, it doesn't look like there was any significant hyperextension or bending, and the principle point of contact was the leg.

It looked like the issue was his lower leg and not his knee.

Reactions: Cloned

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
Same here. But it's going to be more telling if Connor is walking under his own power in a few hours or if he's on crutches and can't put weight on it. Either way I'm here for the good vibes. The Stamkos flashbacks got real for a minute
Word to that bro.

Prayers up for Connor

Also, thanks for coming in here for some encouragement and just being kind. I'll be rooting for you guys in the ploffs. Go and get Stammer and Kuch a ring!

ThreeOfAPerfectPair

Oct 26, 2017
Edmonton
Several years ago i fell with all my weight on my shin ... on the corner of a cement step (I was intoxicated ;) ). I thought i broke my shin, but it was only bruised. It hurt like heck, and it was in the same area as Conner's injury. I still have a dent in my shin ... it didn't bruise for days. In the end I was ok ... my point, it hurt enough that I really thought I broke my shin. Here's hoping Connor is ok.

You sure on that non-broken diagnosis?

Reactions: SnooPac

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Well thank god for that...

Now just hoping it's not something even worse than a break.

Seeing Stamkos get injured in a very similiar and not really looking like himself for a couple years after is scaring me rn. Praying it's not bad.

Thankfully for you guys McDavid has a different mental constitution than Stamkos. We can literally pinpoint the moment he stopped sucking and it was his 2nd goal of the game vs Montreal in November. He said "I haven't felt that release in a long time" and all hell broke loose after that because he never stopped shooting en route to his highest point total ever. For the better part of 6 years the guy was Brett Hull trying to imitate Adam Oates because for some reason he just had no confidence in his playing style anymore and poorly attempted to reinvent himself into a playmaker the whole time. Thank God that's over....

Like I said let's be thankful McDavid is a different person. It could very well be serious but it'll depend on how we deals with it

Reactions: 780il

SDig14

Feb 19, 2010
Edmonton, AB
Good hes getting an MRI tomorrow and not waiting till Monday. I'm sure hes anxious to know and I dont want to speculate for 48 hours.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
That's two TB posters that have been nice and kind here so far.

I'm officially on the TB bandwagon now. :thumbu:

Well let's put it this way.... despite the fact I've seen probably 30 Oiler games (because I'm not gonna miss a chance to watch McDavid like ever) it was the right thing to do. The game losing any shine on its brightest star is never good.

Reactions: Cloned

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Word to that bro.

Prayers up for Connor

Also, thanks for coming in here for some encouragement and just being kind. I'll be rooting for you guys in the ploffs. Go and get Stammer and Kuch a ring!

No need to thank me. I'm a hockey fan first who just happens to be a Lightning fan for the last 15 years

Reactions: 780il

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Well let's put it this way.... despite the fact I've seen probably 30 Oiler games (because I'm not gonna miss a chance to watch McDavid like ever) it was the right thing to do. The game losing any shine on its brightest star is never good.

It's still a nice gesture regardless of your reasoning. :)

Reactions: AlwaysSunnyInTampa

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Nope. I've had the unhappy triad in both knees (combined ACL/MCL/meniscus tears) and the X-ray showed nothing conclusive. It took an MRI to image the injuries.

Yes, you're right.

This isn't good news then IMO. I would have preferred if it was a bone break. It's going to be a long couple of days.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Yes, you're right.

This isn't good news then IMO. I would have preferred if it was a bone break.

It's good news depending on the results of the MRI lol.

If nothing is broken or torn at all, we can all exhale.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
It's good news depending on the results of the MRI lol.

If nothing is broken or torn at all, we can all exhale.

I guess my point is that I prefer to know it's a break than wait on pins and needles wondering if it's a torn ligament.

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016
Can we threadban anyone that says “not dirty” regarding that play for the next 5 months?

**** you Gio. Mr. Bean looking prick.

You can't be serious lmao

If Nurse was to get beat by a quarter step every game and just give up, fans would call for his head

Gio is not known as a dirty player and taking a last ditch effort to stop someone from beating you is not a dirty play

Truly sucks that McDavid got hurt, but calling that play dirty is snowflake worthy. It's hockey

Reactions: zevo

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2