McDavid Injury Thread

Roof Daddy

Apr 1, 2008
Praying it's not a ligament tear.

Might just be a really bad bone bruise.

Was just going to say this. Deep bone bruise could feel like a break, but at its most severe should only mean a couple weeks off his feet.

Didn’t look like it was ligament damage based on where his leg hit the post.

Reactions: Cloned

ZJuice

pickle juice connoisseur
May 17, 2010
Edmonton
If it’s a tear hopefully it’s the one where they repair it and it is STRONGER, then he injures the other one it is also stronger. 200 point McDavid incoming 2021

Reactions: noeticfuzz

space321

May 11, 2011
View attachment 210167

Just thought we need a pic of the leg grab by a turnstiled Giordano for the record.

Put that next to the jersey grab by a turnstiled Manning.

This happens because refs don't call penalties when they should. Players start taking more and more liberties. McDavids speed ends up working against him because going into the post/boards at 40 km/h is not good.

I swear every time I watched McDavid drive the net in 2016-2017 my heart would skip, because the defender on him ALWAYS has a hand in there. This is preventable by the league but they refuse to because "game management, cna't let the Oilers get 10 PPs every game"...

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
I'm worried about the knees. Hope its not bad

It's probably not the knees, I hope. Based on the video, it doesn't look like there was any significant hyperextension or bending, and the principle point of contact was the leg.

Reactions: Porkleaker

noeticfuzz

Nov 27, 2011
This was compounded from that f*ckin clipping play with the Ducks...

Praying it is just a very bad sprain or contusion...

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
Negative for a break but that doesn't mean something else didn't happen
Well thank god for that...

Now just hoping it's not something even worse than a break.

Seeing Stamkos get injured in a very similiar and not really looking like himself for a couple years after is scaring me rn. Praying it's not bad.

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
Would he not be going to hospital if it was a serious problem? The fact that he's travelling with the team sounds like good news to me.

SDig14

Feb 19, 2010
Edmonton, AB
I'm no doctor, but didn't look anything like a knee or ligament issue. It was high speed impact straight onto metal.

I guess hope for bone bruise or small fracture that just requires a month or two of rest?

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
X-Rays coming back negative makes me even more nervous.

If it's ACL/MCL/PCL... god help us.

Same here. But it's going to be more telling if Connor is walking under his own power in a few hours or if he's on crutches and can't put weight on it. Either way I'm here for the good vibes. The Stamkos flashbacks got real for a minute

Killer Z

Aug 24, 2005
Edmonton, AB
X-Rays coming back negative makes me even more nervous.

If it's ACL/MCL/PCL... god help us.

I'm not a physician, but I have torn each of my ACLs playing sports. ACL injuries most commonly occur during sports that involve sudden stops or changes in direction, jumping and landing, pivoting motions, etc. He was not doing any of those motions.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Same here. But it's going to be more telling if Connor is walking under his own power in a few hours or if he's on crutches and can't put weight on it. Either way I'm here for the good vibes. The Stamkos flashbacks got real for a minute

That's two TB posters that have been nice and kind here so far.

I'm officially on the TB bandwagon now. :thumbu:

Reactions: 780il

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad