McDavid Injury Thread

RinkRatOil

Aug 3, 2009
Not to try and be the voice of reason when it comes to injuries, lol, but the video of him walking didn't really show him limping at all. It was just a slight adjustment to his step, likely caused by a brace.

Agreed. If we are talking about the same video(sportsnet jumpstart), there is barely anything noticeable. If I wasn't looking specifically at how he was walking I'm not sure I would have noticed anything at all.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Ahh, Gregor said he's heard everything progressing fine and on schedule. McDavid likely just not talking about his injury because he was at a charity event and it's not what he should be talking about there (have some class media guys)

Whew

2570030-6322802833-zqYpB.gif

Slats432

Jun 2, 2002
hockeypedia.com
Dude is limping badly. Training camp in 2 months. He isn't going to be ready to go.
I suppose that as Nostradamus you might have some lotto numbers to share? And considering that camp is just shy of 3 1/2 months away, I suspect you want to recalculate his rehab schedule.

McGoMcD

Aug 14, 2005
Edmonton, AB
Dude is limping badly. Training camp in 2 months. He isn't going to be ready to go.

Of course, he is limping, he has a brace on. It sucks as training for the summer will be hindered obviously, but there is no reason to think there will be any significant long term effect. McDavid is so skilled he almost needs to just work on his mental game, the injury might strangely help him focus. Time to sit and think about what he could do better.

gordonhught

Feb 18, 2009
Of course, he is limping, he has a brace on. It sucks as training for the summer will be hindered obviously, but there is no reason to think there will be any significant long term effect. McDavid is so skilled he almost needs to just work on his mental game, the injury might strangely help him focus. Time to sit and think about what he could do better.

As long as he returns all healthy by the end of the preseason.

duul

Jun 21, 2010
Wonder why he wouldn't put up a video. I am not trolling when I say I am doubtful McDavid will ever be as explosive as he was before at this. I believe this injury will hamper his greatest weapon and he will never be the player he was from 18-21. Sigh.

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
Wonder why he wouldn't put up a video. I am not trolling when I say I am doubtful McDavid will ever be as explosive as he was before at this. I believe this injury will hamper his greatest weapon and he will never be the player he was from 18-21. Sigh.

There is literally nobody saying this. No doctor, no team person, nobody. Yeah, he might have a rough start to the season, and likely won't be truly 100% again till next year, but he'll very likely be 90+% for the start of the year. He'll be fine, everybody is saying he'll be fine.

Nostradumbass

Divinity
Jan 1, 2007
Thanks doc, was your medical degree from UofA or did you take biology once at GMac? With how much he is clutched and grabbed behind the play, he can't even use his speed anymore. He's fine.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
There is literally nobody saying this. No doctor, no team person, nobody. Yeah, he might have a rough start to the season, and likely won't be truly 100% again till next year, but he'll very likely be 90+% for the start of the year. He'll be fine, everybody is saying he'll be fine.

When McJadeddog is optimistic about McDavid and an injury to an Oilers player, you know the apocalypse is coming. :sarcasm:

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
duul doing his hysterical lady act I see lol.

Good to see McDavid back on the ice, that's actually right on schedule and ahead of what Holland was saying.

Reactions: McSpecial Blend

KCC

Aug 15, 2007

I got nothing, guys. Seriously. What do you say to this? lol

duul

Jun 21, 2010
Sorry boys...I have a bad feeling about this one. Studies show that grade II PCL tears actually don't have any major effects on performance in the long run, but things never end up going right for this team.

Here's to hoping.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad