mcdavid + hall

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
If we end up with mcdavid does that turn hall into a 50 goal scorer? I don't mean in the first season but over time.

people said the same thing about RNH + hall... if, and thats a big if, we do end up with mcdavid or eichel, lets wait to see how they actually do in the NHL before we start talking about much of a positive influence they will have on our current players

to be honest, if we end up with mcdavid or eichel, i think there is a pretty good chance hall asks for a trade this summer anyhow

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
people said the same thing about RNH + hall... if, and thats a big if, we do end up with mcdavid or eichel, lets wait to see how they actually do in the NHL before we start talking about much of a positive influence they will have on our current players

to be honest, if we end up with mcdavid or eichel, i think there is a pretty good chance hall asks for a trade this summer anyhow

Unfortunate for him because of that contract.

Isaak16

The Universe Is Here
May 7, 2013
Alberta
I don't think you trade Hall if he asks for a trade.... I would hope that would be his way of saying to Katz, "Either clean house with management or I am gone." Katz and management don't seem to care what the fans are calling for. Maybe a Taylor Hall resignation along with our other most valuable assets will force Katz's hand.

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
I think McDavid would turn Yak into a 50 goal scorer just because of their style of play. Hall, RNH, McDavid loves to hold onto the puck.

redgrant

Nov 2, 2013
These guys will have McDavid play first line with no protection and hell be perennially injured like when they made an 18 year old RNH play that role.

He'll top out on the Oilers as a 65pts player averaging 60 games a year best case scenario.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
McDavid is going to have so much fun playing against top lines his first year and getting run all night with no response from our team. Bet he can't wait.

Eirhead*

If we end up with mcdavid does that turn hall into a 50 goal scorer? I don't mean in the first season but over time.

This is just a kind of a rant about the whole "over time" wording people like to use.

Sidney Crosby scored a career best 120 points when he was 19.

Wayne Gretzky scored a career best 92 goals when he was 20.

Jordan Eberle was lights out in his sophomore year, and I doubt he ever does better.

To me, over time is their 2nd or 3rd year when the passion is still peaked but they've finally acclimatised to the show. (In the context of skilled forwards)

GretzkytoKurri9917

"LIVE LONG AND PROSPER"
Oct 6, 2008
Gotham City

McDavid>>>>Hall>>>>>>>>>>>>>RNH

Horseradish

Dec 9, 2005
London, ON
Exactly.

Number 1 Defenseman=check

Then we can use our top-5 pick the year after for a top goalie.

...except I'm not sure what to do once we've filled up an entire lineup of top-5 picks. Do we go for another d-man with our top-5 pick the year after? Or another centre? I can't decide.

McTedi

Jul 16, 2008
Edmonton
Then we can use our top-5 pick the year after for a top goalie.

...except I'm not sure what to do once we've filled up an entire lineup of top-5 picks. Do we go for another d-man with our top-5 pick the year after? Or another centre? I can't decide.
You know it will end up being another winger that will be off the board because our mgmt. team knows a thing or two about winning:laugh:

GretzkytoKurri9917

"LIVE LONG AND PROSPER"
Oct 6, 2008
Gotham City
If only we could get McDavid and tank in 2016 and pick up Sean Day.There would be no need to talk about ''lottery picks'' anymore,because we would have all imperative positions filled.

Future:

Hall-McDavid-Yakupov
-RNH-
-Draisaitl-

Day-Nurse

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad