McDavid-Eberle vs Draisaitl-Hall

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
I don't think it'll be a clear runaway for McDavid and Eberle as some of you may think. Hall and Drai have been pretty consistent all year and one of the best duo's of the league this year. With more teams now having to focus on McD and Ebs, it might provide the perfect opportunity for Hall and Drai to take advantage. 5 on 5.. Draisaitl is still among the best in the league and Hall right now is already top 10 in league scoring. However, I do think McDavid and Eberle will be the most productive duo of the two just due to the fact of McDavid.. and their PP success.

This. The most astute post thus far.

Look, McDavid is great and all but people in this thread are saying its a slamdunk EBs/McDavid get more pts than one of the best parings in the NHL this year.

Also a bit sobering that Eberles 3 goals in last 2 games is as many as he had in his prior 18GP.

Finally, these are REALLY BAD teams we are playing right now. McDavid/Eberle is getting current space of a variety that moxt clubs don't allow.

We've played two games against clubs that are far worse defensively than the Oilers.

I'll go with Drai/Hall who have carried the club this year. Really they should be getting the credit regardless.
This season was all about what Hall and Drai did fairly regardless of what happens in limited remaining games.

Arpeggio

Jul 20, 2006
Edmonton
McDavid is beastly on the powerplay, the Hall line didn't even get out there until the last PP last night. That's why it'll be McDavid/Eberle. But Hall and Draisaitl have been arguably as impressive 5on5 over the last two games.

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
McDavid is beastly on the powerplay, the Hall line didn't even get out there until the last PP last night. That's why it'll be McDavid/Eberle. But Hall and Draisaitl have been arguably as impressive 5on5 over the last two games.

Yeah, for that reason I'm not voting in the poll. Should be 5 on 5 anyway as that offers a more balanced comparison. If one line is getting the best PP toi its going to prevail.

But still, McDavid is very early into his career and hasn't faced a lot of better clubs yet. These are easy teams he's getting a chance to get back on the saddle against.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
I think every time McDavid makes a sublimely awesome play I'm going to post up this YT:

Halibut

Jul 24, 2010
Yeah, for that reason I'm not voting in the poll. Should be 5 on 5 anyway as that offers a more balanced comparison. If one line is getting the best PP toi its going to prevail.

But still, McDavid is very early into his career and hasn't faced a lot of better clubs yet. These are easy teams he's getting a chance to get back on the saddle against.

Agreed that it's early and they havent played any good penalty killing teams yet but I think if one pairing is scoring on the pp at a rate of 1/8 and the other is scoring 1/2 then it's a significant advantage for your team if you have the second pairing out on the pp. No doubt that even strength scoring is pretty huge but in the end scoring goals is what matters and being good on the pp is a big part of it.

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
Agreed that it's early and they havent played any good penalty killing teams yet but I think if one pairing is scoring on the pp at a rate of 1/8 and the other is scoring 1/2 then it's a significant advantage for your team if you have the second pairing out on the pp. No doubt that even strength scoring is pretty huge but in the end scoring goals is what matters and being good on the pp is a big part of it.

Well sure. But a McDavid/Eb PP sputtering along;) at 80% is somewhat distorting probability warp drive right now. :D

McBeastMode

Dec 29, 2012
Beside my neighbor..
I honestly won't be surprised if Connor goes 1.5ppg from his return until the end of the season.

My predictions to end the year:

Hall - 82GP-27G-53A-80P
Draisaitl - 72GP-22G-45A-67P
McDavid - 45GP-18G-39A-57P
Eberle - 69GP-31G-32A-63P

McDavid is 2nd in the league in PTS/G, just behind Kane..
Not bad for a kid, that's only played 15 NHL games...
C7ywPvf.jpg

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
You're really on today, and I'm hungover. Started an early weekend after the W last night haha

:laugh:

tbh that was my literal reaction after his goal the other night.

Well, except for the shields shields part, but you get my drift. :D

Halibut

Jul 24, 2010
Well sure. But a McDavid/Eb PP sputtering along;) at 80% is somewhat distorting probability warp drive right now. :D

Right, so the bet is on whether they keep it up. If they do then they easily end up top pair. If not I'd bet they lose some of that PP ice time and if Hall and Drai start to produce they take over the lead.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad