McDavid-Eberle vs Draisaitl-Hall

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
I honestly won't be surprised if Connor goes 1.5ppg from his return until the end of the season.

My predictions to end the year:

Hall - 82GP-27G-53A-80P
Draisaitl - 72GP-22G-45A-67P
McDavid - 45GP-18G-39A-57P
Eberle - 69GP-31G-32A-63P

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
Yup, as long as they keep getting 1st unit PP time. Hall and Drai might go into a slight slump because the McDavid PP never lets them see the ice.

Hall and Draisaitl score mostly at ES. I bet they will end up at least +10 while McDavid and Ebs will be minus players (they will score mostly on the PP).

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Yup, as long as they keep getting 1st unit PP time. Hall and Drai might go into a slight slump because the McDavid PP never lets them see the ice.

To be fair, Hall doesn't produce much on the PP anyways. I think him and Drai might slump a bit, but if RNH comes back and plays on that line for 10-15 games I think they both finish close to PPG.

xxxx

Sep 20, 2012
McDavid 5 points in 2 games since he returned from injury, heh. I guess I pick him.

Burnt Biscuits

May 2, 2010
Would of went with Hall-Draisaitl, but I think McDavid & Eberle's 3rd wheel (Pouliot) helps them more then Hall & Drai's 3rd wheel (Purcell).

Gambl0r83*

But what happened to, oh, Yak is sooo good with McDavid, he's def now a keeper

I said it when they were hot, Yak is a bad hockey player, and McDavid could make Shawn Horcoff into a superstar.

Eberle is the right fit for McDavid, but maybe put Yak there for a stretch, give him success. Then his trade value goes to a decent level and can get something useful in return.

I hate the way he plays, and want that Russian Sputnik bum outta here

All year this board, "Trade ebs! Trade Nuge! BUT KEEP YAK!"
:laugh::laugh::laugh:

1Gold Standard

Jun 13, 2012
Hockey Day in Canada coming up... an afternoon game in Montreal, his 1st., nationally broadcast...I think he'll be flying on adrenaline for this one. expecting a 4pt. afternoon and a 5-4 Oil win.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta

I said it when they were hot, Yak is a bad hockey player, and McDavid could make Shawn Horcoff into a superstar.

Eberle is the right fit for McDavid, but maybe put Yak there for a stretch, give him success. Then his trade value goes to a decent level and can get something useful in return.

Probably because Yak won't return the same type of defender those 2 will and the Oilers likely can't fit 3 6M contracts in when McDavid inevitably get 9M+ and Draisaitl gets at least 6 or 7M.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
This question isnt as clear cut as youd think

Hall and LD are beasts on 5 vs 5 scoring. Not as strong on PP tho

McDavid and Eberle are strong on 5 vs 5, but not as strong these first 2 games. 5 vs 4 they are lethal tho

Da McBomb

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 9, 2004
I don't think it'll be a clear runaway for McDavid and Eberle as some of you may think. Hall and Drai have been pretty consistent all year and one of the best duo's of the league this year. With more teams now having to focus on McD and Ebs, it might provide the perfect opportunity for Hall and Drai to take advantage. 5 on 5.. Draisaitl is still among the best in the league and Hall right now is already top 10 in league scoring. However, I do think McDavid and Eberle will be the most productive duo of the two just due to the fact of McDavid.. and their PP success.

McDeathbyCheerios*

Hockey Day in Canada coming up... an afternoon game in Montreal, his 1st., nationally broadcast...I think he'll be flying on adrenaline for this one. expecting a 4pt. afternoon and a 5-4 Oil win.
Depends on who we start. I don't see Montreal scoring 4 on Talbot right now.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
I vote for Pouliot-McDavid since this is the duo i see staying together the longest.

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
nice problem to have going forward :)

any line with McDavid is the winner....but Draisaitl is going to be criminally underrated...he's almost back to a PPG pace and probably finishes with 60 points

oh ya, and Hall probably gets 70+ points this year

crazy times

Connor McBaevid

Nov 25, 2015
Calgary
I went with McDebs because of the power play. I would say at home they'll be getting more points getting favorable matchups. I think on the road teams will ice their top defenders against the pair so Drai and Hall will eat up the second pairing D.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013

Yak was good with McD considering his salary. Yak without McD is worth a low 2nd round pick.. Eberle and Nuge could actually net a decent Dman in the mold of Brodin or Hamonic.. Yak not so much. One or 2 of Hall, Nuge and Ebs 6M deals will eventually have to go to spend on that Dman and next contracts for Drai and McD

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad