McDavid Crashes Into Net; Helped Off Ice

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Really hope he’s ok and it’s not serious. Definitely the icing on the cake of a frustrating season.

Super Hans

Stats Evangelist
Oct 9, 2016
Not a fan of the way Gio has played at times over the years (kneeing incidents), but I can't put this one on him.

Zybalto

Dec 28, 2012
Gio was trying to make a good play there but in the end was a reckless challenge.

Was dirty in the sense there was a penalty called but that's going to be it......at least from the league.

Reactions: MacBradley

Jyrki Lumme

Generational User
Mar 5, 2014
If he broke his leg, it makes no sense because the net dislodged. And the reason the net dislodged was because of the Stamkos incident and to prevent players at high speed breaking their legs from crashing into the post. So it makes no sense to me if that McDavid would break his leg because the NHL made changes after the Stamkos incident to intentionally make nets easy to dislodge.
If I rear end a car and it gets pushed forward, doesn't mean my car isn't gonna get damaged.

Mez

Nov 16, 2017
That was an accident...I know it sucks but there was no dirty play there.

Dominance

99-66-4-9-87/97
Sep 30, 2017
The Land of Hockey
For f***’s sake.

At least he’s got a long offseason, 6+ months with no pressure to rush anything (because you know the Oilers management would if they could). I f***ing hate that this happened but trying to look on the bright side, shins usually heal without lasting damage like one could expect from an ankle, right? I’m no doctor. Someone please tell me I’m right.

North Cole

♧ Lem
Jan 22, 2017
So he should've just backed off completely?

Bud, go through the thought process here. You're Giordano, the game is tied, and the world's fastest player is bearing down on you and about to blow by. You're just gonna let him go?

It was fast, and it was an accident. There's no reason that Gio would want to take out McDavid at all.

Yeah he totally should have tried to back off. Instead of doing anything. In fact, I think he should have started skating to his bench, realizing that he was going to get scored on and try to salvage his +/-. Is that enough of a reach to answer your dumb question?

Didn't suggest he needed to back off, most guys when beat by that much just hook or try to grab, he was already totally beat and the puck was Connors stick length and the other side of his body away... Gio likes to do dumb things that "happen fast". Everyone in the league knows that when Connor has that step, you're beat. Throwing a hail mary into someone's legs isn't an intelligent play, 'bud'.

Iggys Dome

Not allowed to say the “R-Word” (rebuild)
Mar 19, 2018
Cap Space
Don’t think he broke his leg, sensationalist title good job OP. Giordano didn’t mean to hurt McD, he immediately asked him how he was feeling after.

And I really, really hope for hockey’s sake this isn’t a recurring thing. This sport is better when McDavid is at his best.

Tkachuky

Dec 30, 2009
In the Dome
He dove right at his feet to take him out it was completely uncalled for. It wasn't even a hockey play

He dove with his stick. Jesus look at he replay. McDavid graves his stick and they crashed the net. Ref called tripping.

If he doesn’t get injured, nobody bats an eye or complain that’s dirty play.

coopooter

Sep 28, 2017
Im sure it's not a broken leg. He would have been screaming. It's his knee and i think it happened when his legs collided, not when his leg hits the post.
You must have a low pain threshold
I had a tibial plateau fracture (shattered the crap out of my knee) skiing
I tried to ski down with it broke

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad