McDavid Crashes Into Net; Helped Off Ice

Wayne Primeau

Stay Gold
Apr 22, 2014
Ottawa
He had no chance of making a poke check there. Just threw is hands into McDavid's skates

So he should've just backed off completely?

Bud, go through the thought process here. You're Giordano, the game is tied, and the world's fastest player is bearing down on you and about to blow by. You're just gonna let him go?

It was fast, and it was an accident. There's no reason that Gio would want to take out McDavid at all.

Hynh

Jun 19, 2012
Im sure it's not a broken leg. He would have been screaming. It's his knee and i think it happened when his legs collided, not when his leg hits the post.
McDavid sat on the bench until the period ended when he broke his collar bone.

Reactions: MacBradley

Zybalto

Dec 28, 2012
Im sure it's not a broken leg. He would have been screaming. It's his knee and i think it happened when his legs collided, not when his leg hits the post.

Its McDavid though. When he got absolutely crushed and separated his shoulder that first year he skated off like it was nothing. He must have a massive pain threshold.

KCC

Aug 15, 2007

I mean, he broke his collarbone and wasn’t screaming in pain.

Kale Makar

Lets go Aves?
Apr 17, 2013
Denver, CO

In what world would his legs banging together be the more likely cause of injury than his leg slamming into a metal post?

illpucks

May 26, 2011
If he broke his leg, it makes no sense because the net dislodged. And the reason the net dislodged was because of the Stamkos incident and to prevent players at high speed breaking their legs from crashing into the post. So it makes no sense to me if that McDavid would break his leg because the NHL made changes after the Stamkos incident to intentionally make nets easy to dislodge.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad