Post-Game Talk: McDavid Appreciation Night

RattsSSV

Слава Україні - F*** Putin
May 4, 2006
Was at the game and a little preoccupied cheering on the boys, so I couldn't post this. (Made it a few months back.)

McDavid - Hungry For Apples.png

unicornBLOOD

Mar 18, 2022
wasn't much of a game, SJ just wants the season to be over. Happy for McDavid, glad he got to 100 first, before Kucherov, who I hope falls short, crazy talented player, but kind of unlikeable. hhh

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
This 3rd line has looked so good since Holloway's recall. Kane also looked really good against Vancouver.

I have no idea how you balance this lineup, but I think Holloway should be in the starting line up come playoff time and you probably want to run Brown and Janmark with the option of rotating in Carrick, and Ryan being injury insurance.

Personally I wouldn't break up the McLeod Perry Holloway line. Maybe they can somehow balance 4 lines and run McD-Drai-Nuge/Henrique-McLeod down the middle to get the most out of a guy like Kane.

Just for fun:
Janmark-McDavid-Hyman
Foegele-Drai-Brown
Holloway-McLeod-Perry
Henrique-Nuge-Kane

Don't know that I'd actually do this, but it's crazy to me that I can actually look at this team right now and say that we have too many top 9 players to fit in the top 9.

Reactions: Oilhawks

Chelis Chili

Proud HFB member since 21 years [sic!]
Dec 26, 2002
Hockeytown
McDAVID PRODUCES FIRST 100-ASSIST CAMPAIGN IN 33 YEARS
Connor McDavid
(1-1—2) became the fourth player in NHL history to hit the 100-assist mark in a season (32-100—132 in 75 GP) and the first since Wayne Gretzky in 1990-91 (122) as the Oilers erupted for nine goals – their most in a game since Nov. 19, 2011 (9-2 W vs. CHI) – to defeat the Sharks at Rogers Place. Edmonton (49-25-6, 104 points) is now within three points of Vancouver (49-22-9, 107 points) for first place in the Pacific Division, with two games remaining for both teams.

100-Assists-McDavid_Media-16124127.png

* McDavid might not be the only player to reach the 100-assist milestone in 2023-24 – Nikita Kucherov, who had an assist Monday, has 99 on the season with one game remaining. Should he hit the mark, the 2023-24 season would become the second in NHL history to feature two players with 100 assists, following 1988-89 when Mario Lemieux and Gretzky both had 114.

By The Numbers for Connor McDavid’s 100 assists:

– Primary assists
38 – Secondary assists
35 – Assists on Zach Hyman’s goals, which is his highest total with one player
26 – Multi-assist games in a season for the second time in his career (2021-22), tied with Kucherov (26 in 2023-24) for the most by an active player in a single campaign
14 – Different goal scorers assisted on
5 – Games with four-plus assists, the most by a player in a season since Lemieux in 1995-96 (7)

* McDavid hit another milestone Monday and joined elite company, recording his 300th career multi-point game (644 GP). The only players in NHL history that reached the mark in fewer games are Gretzky (452 GP) and Lemieux (524 GP).

sauce: https://media.nhl.com/public/news/17922

GrumpyKoala

Aug 11, 2020
Ekholm now +72 in 99 games with Edmonton. Just sayin'.
Took him 12 season to get +100 in Nashville. (+104)
and around 100 games to get +72 in Edmonton.

That doesn't diminish the carrier he had before coming in, but its a McDavid appreciation thread so I will kindly point out to the McStatflations

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Nice W but where was any of this in the game that mattered against the Nucks. Big opportunity was missed there. This game is meaningless.

There were zero of these kinds of passes up from the D in the Nucks game.

Oh well.

Crazy that teams are already finished the season before the Oilers even got on the ice tonight and still two completely meaningless games left.

When do playoffs start?
I was kinda thinking of this. Played with way more zip against a hapless foe than the team we were chasing down. Oh well.

Whoshattenkirkshoes

Aug 11, 2014
If Holloway plays like this to finish the season where does Kane fit back in the line-up? Will he accept a 4th line role? The Oilers could use his grit and physical play in the playoffs.
This is the best post. This is what we should be talking about, not Mcdavid's regular season stats...

Holloway has brought so much more speed to Perry's line, Does coach really have the balls to break this line up? If so that is pretty stupid

Where the hell does Kane go? Line 4? press box? Seriously

Whoshattenkirkshoes

Aug 11, 2014
DESPOT.... Bro I know… but it’s like a 2 percent chance we win the div

I am saying Knights are kings are way more likely and that is what should have been posted

Sweetpotato

Jan 10, 2014
Edmonton
Nice W but where was any of this in the game that mattered against the Nucks. Big opportunity was missed there. This game is meaningless.

There were zero of these kinds of passes up from the D in the Nucks game.

Oh well.

Crazy that teams are already finished the season before the Oilers even got on the ice tonight and still two completely meaningless games left.

When do playoffs start?
Monday for us, Saturday/Sunday for everyone else.

Edit: apparently Sunday

Last edited:

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
Foegele has 40 points averaging less than 14 minutes a night. That's not too shabby. I wonder if we can afford him.

Also Henrique is +6 and with 6 goals. He seems to be gelling with the team and giving the coach some flexibility. Are we allowed to like him yet? Or is Holland still an idiot?

He will be interesting.

Have to give Foegele credit. On a contract year, he has taken full advantage of some top 6 minutes. He’s been productive without PP time.

My biggest issue with him is that when he moves down to a third line role, nothing happens much on the ice with him there. I’d be wary of giving him bigger money or term personally.

I personally like Henrique because he plays in front of the net and he plays a smart game. Doesn’t overcute plays. I think he’s needed here personally. Hopefully he has a good playoffs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad