Confirmed with Link: Jean-François Houle Extended (updated post #531) - Laperriere & Marciano Also Extended

Should Houle be brought back?

• Yes

Votes: 28 33.7%
  • No

Votes: 55 66.3%

• Total voters

Bobby Holik agent

erudite free agency sci-fi
Oct 17, 2002
What is happening!
happening.png

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
@Vachon23 thoughts on Favreau?
Pretty good junior coach. Lost in final last year with Halifax. Won in final this year with Dummond. Two finals in two consecutive years with two different teams is always a good sign to me. Speak english and french very well. Speak more like a career coach than an ex player. He's a dicipline (on and off the ice) and accountability guy. Strong focus on playing hard etc ... Doesn't seem to have problems working with European players like Komarov or finese players like Dumais.

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
@Vachon23 thoughts on Favreau?
Awsome coach ! He out coach massively every coach he face in the playoffs (expect maybe Gilles Bouchard) and overachieve last year with Halifax losing in the final

I’ve spoke with people on the Voltigeurs organization I know after they beat us (Tigres) and he’s great communicator, every players has a role and they know it, players loves him and want to go to war for him. His offensive players had a lot of liberty and they are in the best offensive team of the league. Everyone knows in Drummund that it’s a question of time before he turn pro

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
From a quick internet search, seems like he's from my neck of the woods, he started his career coaching at the junior A level around the ottawa region in Gloucester and Cumberland, two pretty good programs.

Reactions: Adam Michaels

BJCOLLINS

Jul 7, 2003
Pirate Satellite
If Sly Favreau wins the Memorial Cup lots of other teams will be interested in his services. He was a very good coach & assistant IMHO.
He preached pace & fitness, nice fit with all the youth coming into the Rocket lineup.

Reactions: WeThreeKings

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Awsome coach ! He out coach massively every coach he face in the playoffs (expect maybe Gilles Bouchard) and overachieve last year with Halifax losing in the final

I’ve spoke with people on the Voltigeurs organization I know after they beat us (Tigres) and he’s great communicator, every players has a role and they know it, players loves him and want to go to war for him. His offensive players had a lot of liberty and they are in the best offensive team of the league. Everyone knows in Drummund that it’s a question of time before he turn pro
The communicator part plus is a great attribute however, the rest of the description you gave has more to do with how he manages a bench. Essential quality but not the whole job.

How is he from a player development standpoint?

Also, there seems to be speculation that Paul Byron may come in as assistant coach.

The delay in making a decision would appear to stem from waiting for Favreau to complete his quest for the Memorial Cup.

I believe this has legs. It shouldn’t have taken all this time if they were really committed to bringing back Houle. However, nothing official yet.

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
The communicator part plus is a great attribute however, the rest of the description you gave has more to do with how he manages a bench. Essential quality but not the whole job.

Also, there seems to be speculation that Paul Byron may come in as assistant coach.

The delay in making a decision would appear to stem from waiting for Favreau to complete his quest for the Memorial Cup.

I believe this has legs. It shouldn’t have taken all this time if they were really committed to bringing back Houle. However, nothing official yet.
Every player is gonna know what are the expectations/role and what they need to do to get better and have more ice time. He’s your typical modern coach

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

I'd be all for Paul Byron to be an assistant coach. But even if he isn't put in that role, he can remain a Player Development Consultant. Basically, I'm happy Byron has a role in the organization (much like I do Bouillon).

These are guys who fought for everything they had, they didn't have anything handed to them and that's the kind of work ethic they can instill in the prospects.

If they were bringing Houle back, you'd think they'd have already announced it. The fact nothing is heard could be an indication that they will move on from him. I'm not saying he's 100% gone. I'm sure they communicated with JF Houle and he is aware of their intentions. It's just the public doesn't know.

And the fact they haven't named a new coach could very well be because someone like Favreau is who they want and he's still busy. I'm also sure if Favreau is who they want, they already approached him/his agent.

Reactions: LaP and Runner77

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON

Another guy from the Ottawa area. I wonder if they're familiar with each other, they must have crossed paths before.

Reactions: Runner77

Gaud

May 11, 2017
Houle - i think he did great when it came to get guys ready to fit in MSL's system when they were called up.

Then he didnt make the playoffs and had a bad end of the season. How much of that is because his best assets were with the habs? who knows. I was definitely expecting playoff time in the minors though.

I dont know? Not super excited, but if he gets resigned i wont be mad. I like him much better than lefebvre, but less than Bouchard.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Houle - i think he did great when it came to get guys ready to fit in MSL's system when they were called up.

Then he didnt make the playoffs and had a bad end of the season. How much of that is because his best assets were with the habs? who knows. I was definitely expecting playoff time in the minors though.

I dont know? Not super excited, but if he gets resigned i wont be mad. I like him much better than lefebvre, but less than Bouchard.

He had his guys back for the last two games and they failed miserably.

Reactions: Gaud

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad