Confirmed with Link: McCann re-signed 2yrs 2.94 AAV

Sidgeni Malkby

Nov 19, 2008
NJ
Well Malkin just had one of his best seasons imo. Derailed by injury. He's fine. I'm not opposed to seeing them together just for fun though. Who's our 3C in that scenario though? Are you assuming we'll acquire another center?

Since Sullivan will never unite them, I'd like Canner with Zucker and Sid if Kapanen is garbo. And if Tanev's line doesn't find that magic again (which is pretty likely imo), then he should be moved up all the way as well.

I guess I’m thinking eventual decline coupled with McCann not being an ideal 3rd line center. I bet a Crosby/Malkin combo adds a few years to their shelf life.

So yes, I’m assuming we will be acquiring another 3C and in that case putting Malkin/Crosby together and testing McCann as a 2C could be a worthwhile test.

Don’t want to hedge all bets on McCann but let’s figure out where and if he fits in long term vs just using him to plug holes.

WheresRamziAbid

Oct 31, 2013
McCann could be a great fit at 3c

McCann is a good defensive center.
McCann is fast
McCann can shoot and has shown the ability to pick up point when playing with talent.

If we can give him two wingers than can create offense we are in business. If not we will probably see more of the same.

Poulin-McCann is a good starting point but with Hornqvist or Tanev on the other side might not be the best fit.

My suggestion is we run Tanev-Blueger-Hornqvsit as one bottom six line just let them be a giant pain in the ass with a smart heady center and Poulin-McCann-XXX as the other.

The Old Master

come and take it.
Sep 27, 2004
burgh
McCann could be a great fit at 3c

McCann is a good defensive center.
McCann is fast
McCann can shoot and has shown the ability to pick up point when playing with talent.

If we can give him two wingers than can create offense we are in business. If not we will probably see more of the same.

Poulin-McCann is a good starting point but with Hornqvist or Tanev on the other side might not be the best fit.

My suggestion is we run Tanev-Blueger-Hornqvsit as one bottom six line just let them be a giant pain in the ass with a smart heady center and Poulin-McCann-XXX as the other.
if your going to put horny on the 4th line......you need to trade him.
edit; you could wait till the trade deadline to move him and him on the 4th line would encourage him to wave.

KrisLetAngry

MrJukeBoy
Dec 20, 2013
Saskatchewan
We can keep him this deal is great for us. I don't see us being able to get that defensive 3C really. The flat cap also really hurts being able to do all these moves. No one has space

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad