Injury Report: McCabe?

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
It's the right move. Lagesson had a better preseason. He has a bit of NHL experience last having played 33 games for the Oilers/Canadiens in 2021-2022. I'd rather it have been Kokkonen but let him continue to gain experience with the Marlies.

Lagesson was pretty bad himself. Reminded me of a LHD struggling version of Holl.

• Wow
Reactions: arso40

The Iceman

Sep 22, 2007
All of our call up options either suck or are not NHL ready. At least Benoit played regularly last year.
Last season around now we had some combo of Benn, Mete , Timmons and Hollowell playing. Kral even had a failed sniff.
We might have been undefeated with Hollowell in the lineup for his 6 games, or maybe just his 1st 5 games.

We went on a roll in November with the D in shambles.

Reactions: arso40

TMLBlueandWhite

Feb 2, 2023
I went to see a Black Sabbath cover band once.

The singer bore a striking resemblance to Ozzy. But you could tell he wasn’t the real deal. Just like McCabe isn't a top four defenseman.

He only kinda looks like one.

McCabe brings a whole new meaning to the term "dead puck". Because if he ever touches it the play is dead. His specialty is giving it to players on the other team.

So long as it's not on his own stick anymore.

He's big, but not big enough. Tough, but not tough enough. Skilled, but not skilled enough.

Good, but not good enough.

The singer of the Sabbath tribute band actually really did look a lot like Ozzy. If you were a little drunk, or didn’t look close enough, you could have been fooled into thinking he was the real thing. But he wasn’t, he just kinda looked like it.

Same as McCabe only kinda resembles a good NHL defenseman.

Reactions: TheScandal89

TMLAM34

Oct 15, 2020
The defence has been absolute shit since McCabe went down. He definitely adds some stability back there.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Defenceman Jake McCabe (lower body muscle pull) hopes to resume practicing the next couple of days. “I’m told once he’s back on skates, they don’t expect it to be a long time to get back up to speed,” Keefe said …

Squiffy

Victims, rn't we all
Oct 21, 2006
Toronto
At Ford centre for kids game, Leafs practicing. McCabe was doing full drills, going hard. Looked fine, I’d think he’s back very soon.

Reactions: Dekes For Days

Squiffy

Victims, rn't we all
Oct 21, 2006
Toronto
I don’t know if he’s back next game or anything but he can’t be far… as much as you want to trust a guy watching through the window goes anyways…

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad