Injury Report: McCabe?

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
Has anyone got any info on the injury McCabe is suffering from?

He left last night's game after his first shift and never returned.

Groin or lower body injury is my guess.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Lower body injury. Keefe said it didn't look great to play next game but they still need to wait for the scans to see how bad it is.

McCabe was walking on his own in the dressing room.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Maybe 1-2 games off wouldn't be the worst for him...early on seemed to struggle but since going with Liljegren, he's looked a bit better.

I'd like to see Kokkonen as Benoit just looked awful all pre-season.

Reactions: supermann_98

supermann_98

May 8, 2002
Visit site
Maybe 1-2 games off wouldn't be the worst for him...early on seemed to struggle but since going with Liljegren, he's looked a bit better.

Definitely would like to see Kokkonen but has Benoit played yet on the Marlies? Would be nice to know how he's been

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Definitely would like to see Kokkonen but has Benoit played yet on the Marlies? Would be nice to know how he's been

It will be Benoit. People want big physical players on this team, he's one of them.

Reactions: banks

CabanaBoy5

Feb 17, 2013
Woodbridge
It will be Benoit. People want big physical players on this team, he's one of them.
I agree, but if you watched the preseason games, when he should have been going all out to earn a spot, he was dreadful. He didn't play physical at all, and was prone to making terrible reads and being caught out of position. Truthfully, he was outplayed by Kokkonen and even Lagesson.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
I agree, but if you watched the preseason games, when he should have been going all out to earn a spot, he was dreadful. He didn't play physical at all, and was prone to making terrible reads and being caught out of position. Truthfully, he was outplayed by Kokkonen and even Lagesson.

Oh I agree. I'm just saying based on the depth chart and Benoit being used as the 7th D in terms of bouncing up and down, it will be him.

Reactions: CabanaBoy5

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
I’d give Benoit a fair shot, and then move on if he can’t play. He would be exactly what the D core needs on the bottom pairing if he can put it together this year

We could see the infamous Benoit - Klingberg pairing from last year from the Ducks. I can't wait.

• Wow
Reactions: supermann_98

tmlfan98

No More Excuses #MarnerOut
Aug 13, 2012
Hockey's Mecca
We could see the infamous Benoit - Klingberg pairing from last year from the Ducks. I can't wait.
I feel like there's almost no way this happens, and I don't think Keefe would play Benoit-Liljegren either, which is why I think we could see Lagesson called up instead of Benoit.

Reactions: The Iceman

supermann_98

May 8, 2002
Visit site
Agreed but in his defense he was coming back from injury. Don't get me wrong looking at his +/- from last year I'm terrified of this guy in our lineup but I'd like to see what we got before completely writing him off

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
I feel like there's almost no way this happens, and I don't think Keefe would play Benoit-Liljegren either, which is why I think we could see Lagesson called up instead of Benoit.

They didn't sign Benoit just to not play him if the opportunity comes. I'd be shocked if he doesn't play if McCabe is out.

All Mod Cons

Sep 7, 2018
If the shoe fits... ?
Are the fans now picking the team? That's worrisome. I'd assume there would be a conversation between Sheldon, Brad and Brandon. But maybe not?

This anti-physicality, pro-Malgin and Petan mindset has been tried and failed by the people. The fans got it wrong. It is time for a new and better fanbase to make these decisions.

• Haha
Reactions: IPS

TheGroceryStick

Jan 19, 2009
Ontario Canada
Why don’t we want to see Benoit in that role? He played lots of NHL mins last year and isn’t being asked to be a number3.

Plop him with Liljgren, keep Gio’s mins down a bit. And it’ll be fine.

If Keefe/Tre want a puck mover- there’s options there too.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Are the fans now picking the team? That's worrisome. I'd assume there would be a conversation between Sheldon, Brad and Brandon. But maybe not?

This anti-physicality, pro-Malgin and Petan mindset has been tried and failed by the people. The fans got it wrong. It is time for a new and better fanbase to make these decisions.

Yeah fans are totally picking the team. I totally didn't mean it in a pretty innocent way. "Anti-physicality" ... oh boy. Pro Malgin and Petan. Woo boy. Yeah, the fans got it wrong for sure. The other side of the coin totally got it right. It's all black and white.

We're just fans discussing the team my dude. If that upsets you and you feel like what I said targeted you, I don't know what to tell you All Mod Cons. Time to get back on topic though!

Last edited:

Once

Stop ******* crying bro
Jul 16, 2010
Benoit was trash in preseason but replaces McCabes role better than what kokkonen would. Kokkonen is a poor man’s Liljegren.

Jmo89

Mar 21, 2010

I didn't get to see that pairing last year but I heard it was frightening.

I like big defenders when it actually compliments their skill and ability. Based on his preseason I hope Benoit is given a short leash.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad