Confirmed with Link: McCabe signed, 2-years $2.85 M aav

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I'm not out to get McCabe; he's serviceable in a certain role.

But is Botterill actually going to improve the team this off-season?

Miller, Johansson, Vesey, Jokiharju from outside is almost 20% of the roster. If Smith and Olofsson graduate like they should, it’s about 25% of it.

He hasn’t taken any of the scraps away yet is the issue now. They have need of some tidying up a bit to do.

Reactions: Fezzy126

SnuggaRUDE

Apr 5, 2013
Miller, Johansson, Vesey, Jokiharju from outside is almost 20% of the roster. If Smith and Olofsson graduate like they should, it’s about 25% of it.

He hasn’t taken any of the scraps away yet is the issue now. They have need of some tidying up a bit to do.

Sir, I wanted changes

dotcommunism

Aug 16, 2007
Thank you, I’m mixing up arbitration vs matching offer sheet as well as trade vs extension, which, if I’m not mistaken cannot be signed on a 1 year arbitration award until January. But I probably ****ed that up too.
It's not just arbitration awards, but any player on a one-year contract cannot sign an extension until January.

Sabre Dance

Make Hockey Fun Again
Jul 27, 2006
I'm not out to get McCabe; he's serviceable in a certain role.

But is Botterill actually going to improve the team this off-season?
It's so strange how patient he is with everything not named O'Reilly. So frustrating. I still think there's a major trade coming but that is starting to fade away.

Rasmus CacOlainen

The end of the Tank
Sep 24, 2015
Europe
Buying out Sobotka makes zero sense. Why spread out the cap hit over 2 years when we can be done with it in 1? Especially considering our massive amount of room next year.....
Because we are close to the cap this year and the buyout penalty for next year will have pretty much no effect once we clear numerous other bad contracts.

Shmuffalo

Brad May's Stand In
Feb 13, 2008
New York
I like the term and number. Fair "show me" contract; maybe he'll get that 4 million plus pay day following this.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
Buying out Sobotka makes zero sense. Why spread out the cap hit over 2 years when we can be done with it in 1? Especially considering our massive amount of room next year.....

We have no reason to spend to the cap in summer 2020 with Dahlin contract extension coming. His cap hit is negligible at a million in 20/22.

Buying him out gives thrm $2M in space.

As of now after calling up Olofsson into the 23 man and buying out Sobotka put them under the cap by about $200K. Then long term IR is near max for Bogo.

Sobotka is a negative influence in the locker room.

jcbeze

Dec 27, 2005
You answered your question within this response

wunderpanda

Apr 9, 2012
don't hate it. seems a little high but the term is short. hoping this means a scandella trade before the season starts.

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013
I don't care about how serious the injury is, give him a good offer. Not an outstanding offer but a decent one that gives him security and peace of mind.

It's the right thing to do and being humane in business is sometimes the best business.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Real Madrid vs Cádiz
    Real Madrid vs Cádiz
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $4,740.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Monaco vs Clermont Foot
    Monaco vs Clermont Foot
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $770.00